Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Settings??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Settings?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Settings?? - 10/13/2011 2:25:45 AM   
Slayer_of_kings

Been away from TOAW3 for a while, getting back into it. Problem, I used to recall that actions taken during AI player's turn were immediatley scrolled over to in rapid sucession. This was kind of overwhelming and confusing, but at least I had some idea of what the enemy AI is doing. Now during the AI turn, the screen just focuses on one sector of the map, doesn't move over to where the sctions is, and has a running dialog (at the bottom of the screen) as to the enemy actions. Unfortunately, I am left clueless as to what the enemy did during it's turn. So, I have two questions:

1- What setting do I need to change in order to get the screen to jump to the point of action?

and:

2- If the above is do-able, is it possible to slow down the flurry of AL activity? Or better yet, to auto-scroll over to the next enemy action and have the game stop so I can analyze what's going on. And I would then click on some box to initialize the next AI move?

'Democracy... is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder; and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike.' - Plato
Post #: 1
RE: Settings?? - 10/13/2011 8:38:34 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slayer_of_kings

Been away from TOAW3 for a while, getting back into it. Problem, I used to recall that actions taken during AI player's turn were immediatley scrolled over to in rapid sucession. This was kind of overwhelming and confusing, but at least I had some idea of what the enemy AI is doing. Now during the AI turn, the screen just focuses on one sector of the map, doesn't move over to where the sctions is, and has a running dialog (at the bottom of the screen) as to the enemy actions. Unfortunately, I am left clueless as to what the enemy did during it's turn. So, I have two questions:

1- What setting do I need to change in order to get the screen to jump to the point of action?

I'm guessing that you must have NOUPDATE set to "Y" in the Opart 3.ini file. Set this parameter to "N".

quote:

and:

2- If the above is do-able, is it possible to slow down the flurry of AL activity? Or better yet, to auto-scroll over to the next enemy action and have the game stop so I can analyze what's going on. And I would then click on some box to initialize the next AI move?

Here, I'm again guessing that you must have NODELAY set to "Y" in the Opart 3.ini file. Set that parameter to "N" and things should slow down.

Note that either of these parameters could also be set in the command line of the icon you're initializing TOAW with. You may need to check the properties of that icon as well.

Having CAPS LOCKS set can also cause things to speed up - so don't set that, either.

(in reply to Slayer_of_kings)
Post #: 2
RE: Settings?? - 10/14/2011 7:44:09 PM   
Slayer_of_kings

Thanks for the help general. NOUPDATE was/is set to "N". And CAPS LOCKS are set to off. And I'm using a clean install that I d/l'd a few weks ago. So must be some other setting(s) that I have set wrong.

'Democracy... is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder; and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike.' - Plato

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 3
RE: Settings?? - 10/15/2011 12:39:36 AM   
1_Lzard

Well, how 'bout a copy of your Opart 3.ini then.......Might make it easier to figure things out, eh?

"I have the brain of a Genius, and the heart of a Little Child. I keep them in a jar under my bed!"

(in reply to Slayer_of_kings)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Settings?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI