Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 10/18/2011 12:59:19 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

And now...to show my complete ignorance and  lighten the mood a bit: Is this MP only? I got the generic mod enabler to active the mod, but when I start the game, no mod I can find.

You need to replicate exactly the folder structure of panzer Corps in the Mod structure.
In this thread, with other mod, someone made probably the same mistake you're making.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28044&start=40

I've tested H.Balck Africa Corps with Generic Mod Enabler and it's working.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 10/18/2011 1:01:36 AM >

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 121
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 10/18/2011 3:27:14 AM   
MadmanRick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

Stop being so precious.
The work is amazing, BUT.
Arrogance is ugly.
Stop issuing ultimatums.

Few people comment here, because it seems the work still has some flaws, and it's not entirely clear how it plays out yet.
the game having 2 simultaneous forums (matrix and slitherine) doesnt help either.

Just responding with bah- not historical, read a better text book smacks of hubris.

..and yes I expect I'll cop it for writing this.

QFT...a large part of what turned me off of this cat months ago.

"Our lives begin to end the moment we become silent about things that matter". Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 122
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 10/19/2011 2:33:57 AM   
Dumnorix

Thats enough !
Mod thread closed !

H.Balck

(in reply to MadmanRick)
Post #: 123
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 10/20/2011 8:07:30 AM   
Magpius

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 124
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 10/20/2011 2:21:26 PM   
Max 86

Thats it. You are all on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!!

No problem Chief!

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 125
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 10/21/2011 1:32:03 PM   
Witti44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dumnorix

Thats enough !
Mod thread closed !

H.Balck

quote:

Dumnorix

@Balck
The same procedure as every year Micha?
Every year another buggy version of you alphastatusmods and after bad feedback you close the threat.
You called yourself the "God of modmakers" but this sounds like crying of a little girl ;)

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 126
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 10/21/2011 4:57:58 PM   
planner 3

Ah ! The greatest artisans refuse criticism.......

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to Witti44)
Post #: 127
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 10/22/2011 12:35:52 PM   
jjoshua

I am amazed...

How many times do the game makers/developers, encounter absolute criticism everytime they turn out a game. You ain't the first dude.

I think if one wants to make a mod, or add to the game; one should expect that just because you are totally enthusiastic with your idea on a developing mod....you should also be prepared to deal with all types of feedback...negative, indifferent or good. Not everyone has an opinion or is interested in jumping on the bandwagon. Doesn't mean that there is total apathy.

All you are showing, is an immature response. Hell, if developers did what you did, we would all be S.O.L..

You quit, you hurt yourself and have wasted all the time for nothing.....sounds rather absurd to work against ones self, and leave a negative statement on one's own character.

Your choice dude..but I wouldn't let anything or anyone stop me from completing what sounded like a good thing in the long run. I would have finished it, even if you are the only one, who played it out in the end.

Sounds like you expected everyone to be in awe of your talent...and wanted kudo's to your project. You came up short, because of an overly sensative ego.

You got pissed...ok; regroup, shake it off... and just finish it. Aaahhh, so you get teased for a while, because you jumped the gun and overreacted a tad bit. We have all been a bit dramatic at time. You finish it, and I know that most people will play it, and appreciate the overall effort you put forth.

Take care dude...

Steve

So sad, dude!!!

Take care all.....

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 128
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 10/22/2011 2:24:22 PM   
VPaulus

The mod is still active, as far as I know:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27481&start=220

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjarredd
I think if one wants to make a mod, or add to the game; one should expect that just because you are totally enthusiastic with your idea on a developing mod....you should also be prepared to deal with all types of feedback...negative, indifferent or good. Not everyone has an opinion or is interested in jumping on the bandwagon. Doesn't mean that there is total apathy.

I fully agree. I too would like to have more feedback about my mod, but the truth is most people don't like to give feedback, and we've to respect that.
First and in last place, it's the pleasure in creating and sharing the things that counts.
Some will like and appreciate it while others won't.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 10/22/2011 2:31:10 PM >

(in reply to jjoshua)
Post #: 129
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 10/23/2011 10:55:27 AM   
jjoshua

I was under the impression that it wasn't finished persay....I must have been mistaken...

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 130
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 10/23/2011 4:11:04 PM   
Erik2

I have designed 8-10 TOAW-scenarios for Matrix over the years, my first was finished back in 1998.
I first an foremost create a scenario because I care about the subject and the game, I enjoy doing the research and the creative process and it is a reward to play your own creation.
Constructive feedback is of course always welcome even if players want to nitpick.
Several hundred have downloaded my stuff, but only a few tens of users have actually got in contact.
So do not give up, keep faith in your own work and be assure that enough players will enjoy it when it is available.

(in reply to jjoshua)
Post #: 131
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 11/28/2011 9:09:02 PM   
Dumnorix

The last outstanding vehicles:

M-10 Wolverine

Marder IIA

Sdkfz 250/1

sIG II Bison

M7 Priest

10,5 leFH 18 (NEW)

5,5 zoll

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 1/5/2012 10:45:13 AM >

(in reply to Erik2)
Post #: 132
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 12/22/2011 7:22:42 PM   
Dumnorix

First preview of the new 10,5 leFH 18 in field grey produced with 3ds MAX:

H.Balck

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 133
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 12/24/2011 2:09:51 PM   
demyansk

I really enjoy the people who make mods and the extra scenarios and battles in all the wargames I play.  If I ever start complaining, which will not happen then I better start creating my own if I don't like what I see.  I think I have played  afew of Erik's scenarios in Toaw3.

any chance that unity of command will have mods?

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 134
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 12/28/2011 3:51:29 PM   
jonpfl

So is this a finished mod or not?

Can I download it and play?

Thx
jonpfl

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 135
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 12/31/2011 1:21:00 PM   
MikeAP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

Stop being so precious.
The work is amazing, BUT.
Arrogance is ugly.
Stop issuing ultimatums.

Few people comment here, because it seems the work still has some flaws, and it's not entirely clear how it plays out yet.
the game having 2 simultaneous forums (matrix and slitherine) doesnt help either.

Just a FYI, this guy Dumnrix got banned on the slitherine forums for the same kind of attitude. I dont think the mod looks good enough for him to be treating people the way he does.

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 136
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 1/2/2012 10:47:04 PM   
Magpius

@dumnorix,
I really don't understand the point to all your posts. It suggests some over-arching strategy of, all or nothing.
Producing ultra hi resolutions in 3D max, is all well and good, but much of the detail is lost when rendered down to a unit scale.
But.
Isn't it time you released all the units to the rest of the modding community, so your work can flourish?
If not, all your work becomes a series of 'holiday snaps' that are pleasant to look at, but essentially meaningless.
I thought the whole point of modding was to create open source resources far all who enjoy a game. Not just a vehicle for perpetual self grandaisment.
A

(in reply to MikeAP)
Post #: 137
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 1/2/2012 10:54:51 PM   
Dumnorix

quote:

@dumnorix,
I really don't understand the point to all your posts. It suggests some over-arching strategy of, all or nothing.
Producing ultra hi resolutions in 3D max, is all well and good, but much of the detail is lost when rendered down to a unit scale.
But.
Isn't it time you released all the units to the rest of the modding community, so your work can flourish?
If not, all your work becomes a series of 'holiday snaps' that are pleasant to look at, but essentially meaningless.
I thought the whole point of modding was to create open source resources far all who enjoy a game. Not just a vehicle for perpetual self grandaisment.
A

Feel free to make your own units and your own mods - I will use my own working tempo and will see my hard work only in Africa Corps - Why do you not play DMP Africa Corps - its only good enough - you must not wait for my mod - its also first only for some german friend test players and for a first version we need more time to test it.

But if you have so many interest - please I can open you my 1st historical Multiplayerscenario Kasserine Pass. Send me an e-mail and we can play a testgame.

H.Balck

< Message edited by Dumnorix -- 1/2/2012 10:56:48 PM >

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 138
RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps - 2/11/2012 6:43:24 PM   
Dumnorix

French Infantry 1940 finished:

I will use this 1940 models also for the Vichy Infantry fighting at 1943 in North West Africa.

H.Balck

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 139
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: H.Balck's Africa Corps Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI