Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Windows 7

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Windows 7 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 7 - 10/27/2011 10:42:37 PM   
r williams

I've just installed TOAW on a new Windows 7 PC (see related post on Scenarios...) and can't get it to run. I've tried running in compatibility mode but get the same result - the TOAW screen (with the usual drop down menus etc.) very briefly pops up and then disappears with the programme not running.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 7 - 10/28/2011 4:51:09 PM   
Anchovy

Which version of TOAW were you trying to install?

I have a laptop that runs on Win7. It more than meets the system requirement. I bought TOAW III (v.3.0.0.17) downloadable version almost half a year ago and installed it without a glitch. I recently upgraded it to v.3.4.0.202. So far, so good.

(in reply to r williams)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows 7 - 10/28/2011 9:08:30 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: willyums

I've just installed TOAW on a new Windows 7 PC (see related post on Scenarios...) and can't get it to run. I've tried running in compatibility mode but get the same result - the TOAW screen (with the usual drop down menus etc.) very briefly pops up and then disappears with the programme not running.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

I believe when we've seen this before it is because the user has installed the update without installing TOAW itself. Let's be clear: The update is not a stand-alone installation. Rather, it modifies an already existing TOAW installation.

(in reply to r williams)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows 7 - 10/29/2011 12:13:57 PM   
fogger

I have just upgraded to a laptop with windows 7. I loaded my original disk then all the updates. No problems with TOAW. Got problems with windows 7 but not with TOAW.

Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Windows 7 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI