Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Change the manual not the game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Change the manual not the game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Change the manual not the game? - 10/18/2011 4:48:31 AM   
Murat

Maybe it would be easier to change the manual to how the game plays instead of changing the game to match how EiA used to play. We are in month 2 and working through 3 separate bugs at once and trying to determine what should be happening under the rules as opposed to what is hapening.
Post #: 1
RE: Change the manual not the game? - 10/18/2011 1:08:42 PM   
pzgndr

As always, any feedback for User Manual changes is welcome. The latest version updated to v1.08.07 in the current patch and the in-game manual have numerous improvements throughout, plus strategy articles added to the User Manual. The idea is to make the manual correct, informative, and helpful. It is much better than before, but of course there is always room for improvement.

In some cases like loaned unit behavior, we need Marshall to clarify what the game is supposed to be doing and if necessary make some modest enhancements and then update the documentation accordingly.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 2
RE: Change the manual not the game? - 10/18/2011 3:29:48 PM   
bongina

Agreed. We currently have a British-controlled Turkish fleet in the channel, and we are not sure if it will stop a french army from crossing it, since Turkey is not at war with France. When we do find out, I'm sure some will disagree whether that is how it should have happened. So, Marshall please chip in.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 3
RE: Change the manual not the game? - 10/18/2011 11:03:28 PM   
Murat

I am not a programmer, how do all these situations work? Is this all flowcharted out in advance and then programmed?

(in reply to bongina)
Post #: 4
RE: Change the manual not the game? - 10/21/2011 3:07:29 PM   
Marshall Ellis

I would say as a default (This was not original intent) to refer to the std EIA manual. We did not do this at first but slowly moved in this direction at the direction of the community. This is NOT for EVERYTHING (We still have light fleets for example) but a 80-20 rule.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 5
RE: Change the manual not the game? - 10/21/2011 4:11:31 PM   
Murat

So...no flowchart? If there is anything we can do to help map out potential problems or something let us know! Darn my poor typing skillz!

< Message edited by Murat -- 10/21/2011 4:13:23 PM >

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 6
RE: Change the manual not the game? - 11/1/2011 11:46:43 PM   
NeverMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

I am not a programmer, how do all these situations work? Is this all flowcharted out in advance and then programmed?

How would you like this low budget one man development with tons and tons of code to be "flowcharted"? This is often a used term that is very rarely actually used.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 7
RE: Change the manual not the game? - 11/3/2011 5:23:10 PM   
Murat

Literally a flowchart of what would happen in a combat situation for example. [Active player moves]->[Enemy present?] so that maybe it would be easier for Marshall to see where the code is having trouble. I did not expect Marshall to do the flowchart, I just wanted to know if it would help so that I could possibly help get one done to make his life easier. Our group seems to find ways to break the game almost every month, probably due to our byzantine but very fluid alliance structures so since we find problems and love EiA, maybe we can help on soultions. But if a flowchart (really just a series of IF/THEN which was important ages ago in programming) cannot help then no point in making one.

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Change the manual not the game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI