Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to fix a video codec issue with Pz Corps

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support >> How to fix a video codec issue with Pz Corps Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to fix a video codec issue with Pz Corps - 11/4/2011 11:04:19 PM   
andrewmazlim

Greetings.
I bought (after many weeks I payed, by renting the game) "PANZER CORPS" tonight (via downloading), and then I bought the two NEW campaigns ('39 & '40).

The '39 campaign instalation has no problem.
The '40 campaign DIDN'T install - said "invalid code" (and also, I saw above the cover illustration, the indicator "1.0" or something, NOT "1.04")!

SINCE I INSTALLED the '39 campaign (with the 1.04 patch, I assume), I started the game, a NEW game... and I can't play!!! The game "freezes", every single time I'm picking an unit and attacking an enemy!

So, what's going on???????
Please, HEEELP!

< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 11/5/2011 9:12:16 AM >

"Never in the field of human conflict, has so much, been owed by so many, to so few!"
Post #: 1
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/4/2011 11:25:43 PM   
andrewmazlim

Now... even my main game (Panzer Corps 1.0) doesn't working!!!

I removed the game completelly... I installed the game again... and now, AGAIN (starting a new game), the game "freezes" even if I PICK a unit!

So..., I'm REALLY-REALLY facing a serious problem, here.
I need a serious help, developers.

"Never in the field of human conflict, has so much, been owed by so many, to so few!"

(in reply to andrewmazlim)
Post #: 2
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/4/2011 11:43:09 PM   
KerenskyLI

I'll repost this on the Slitherine tech support forums, we'll see if we can't get you some help with your issue.  :)

Post #: 3
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/4/2011 11:49:00 PM   
KerenskyLI

You can track the thread here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=273251#273251

From what I'm reading, it sounds like there's a version conflict going on.
If you haven't patched since 1.00, this could potentially be causing the issue (although I dont see why)

Rather than uninstall and reinstall, I would recommend trying to start over in a fresh directory.

Step 1:  Install your base Panzer Corps game to a new directory.  The file you downloaded, or the CD you bought for version 1.0.

Step 2:  Check to see if that works.

Step 3:  Grab the 1.04 Update somewhere here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29093

Step 4:  Check to see if that works.

Step 5:  Install DLC 39.

Step 6:  Check to see if that works.

Step 7:  Install DLC 40

And check to see if that works.

If any one of these processes fails, you'll find your problem.  There could be a corrupted and/or partial file you downloaded that you will need to re-download.

(in reply to KerenskyLI)
Post #: 4
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:02:15 AM   
andrewmazlim

Step 1: I did it.
Step 2: The problems starts from HERE! It doesn't working!

(I was playing before, with the CD copy, rented from the DVD store... I gave the DVD back, since I choose to bought it and download it... When I saw I have problems, I removed the old copy - from the DVD store - and then, I installed the game from the bought DOWNLOADED file!!! I assume, the file is corrupted!)

(in reply to KerenskyLI)
Post #: 5
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:07:50 AM   
KerenskyLI

Try this:
Rename "Audio" subfolder to "_Audio" and see if it still freezes when moving.

Also, if you can, I would try to find another mirror to download the file.  It does indeed sound like it could be a corrupted download.

Post #: 6
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:13:01 AM   
andrewmazlim

quote:

ORIGINAL: KerenskyLI

Try this:
Rename "Audio" subfolder to "_Audio" and see if it still freezes when moving.

Also, if you can, I would try to find another mirror to download the file.  It does indeed sound like it could be a corrupted download.

I removed it, again!!! (I'm QUITE PISSED, you know!!! "Panzer General" was my TOP-1 game of all times! And now, this one.)

I went back to the DVD store and RE-RENT the game... I'll try it, with this one!
(HOW to find "another mirror link"?... I bought the game via internet and the page came up, gave me THIS ONLY link!)

(in reply to KerenskyLI)
Post #: 7
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:15:55 AM   
andrewmazlim

FOUND IT!
It's what you said! I renamed the "Audio" folder and now it's fine!
(I re-installed the game via the downloaded file, to check this hint you gave for the audio).

Now... what? Am I suppose to play it WITHOUT sounds???

Post #: 8
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:18:41 AM   
KerenskyLI

Lemme check.

Post #: 9
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:21:36 AM   
andrewmazlim

Trully, this is odd...
I was playing for WEEKS with a DVD copy from the DVD store!!!
Now... by installing this downloaded file... I simply can't (with sounds).

My thought: It's probably a corrupted file. And maybe - if there is an automatic system, choosing from a SINGLE server's spot to download the file, for any user - this downloading setup file WILL REMAIN corrupted!

(in reply to KerenskyLI)
Post #: 10
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:26:01 AM   
andrewmazlim

KERNEL MEMORY CHECKING IS **OFF**

(error.log)

What's this?

Post #: 11
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:35:39 AM   
KerenskyLI

quote:

It's a problem with his system.
A broken codec/filter in most of the cases
90% of the cases we were able to workaround the issue.
But it requires a lot of patience and experiments. Each case is a case.
First we need his DxDiag.

Post #: 12
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:36:38 AM   
andrewmazlim

EVERYTHING WORKING (game, new campaigns!)..., WITHOUT the bloody sound, for pity's sakes!
So, it's all about the damn sounds...

Do I have to remove them all... and re-install the game from the DVD, to check if the game runs from there fine with the sounds, too?

Post #: 13
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:37:39 AM   
KerenskyLI

Glad we were able to at least partially solve the issue.  We'll see if we can't bring in some more help to figure out the rest of it now.  :)

Post #: 14
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:38:09 AM   
andrewmazlim

quote:

quote:

It's a problem with his system.
A broken codec/filter in most of the cases
90% of the cases we were able to workaround the issue.
But it requires a lot of patience and experiments. Each case is a case.
First we need his DxDiag.

But HOW is a system problem (my system), when I was playing just fine... till... this evening (!), BEFORE I download the game (and remove the previous DVD version)???

(in reply to KerenskyLI)
Post #: 15
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:45:37 AM   
andrewmazlim

quote:

Glad we were able to at least partially solve the issue.  We'll see if we can't bring in some more help to figure out the rest of it now.  :)

Thxs, me too.
But the AUDIO issue, remains...

Tell the lads (dev. team), do I have to... remove EVERYTHING again and try again the DVD version???

< Message edited by andrewmazlim -- 11/5/2011 2:04:46 AM >

(in reply to KerenskyLI)
Post #: 16
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 12:59:56 AM   
VPaulus

Hi.
Let me try to explain first. You're having an conflict in your MCI part of Windows.
MCI is just an API (interface) for playing video and audio. What happens is that interface in your system is broken.
You might ask how, when your sound is playing well with other games and video playing well when you're in the internet for example.
Well, there are different API's. Most of the games use DirectShow fro DirectX to play sound and video.
Panzer Corps uses MCI. If you have another application that uses MCI for playing audio, you would have the same problem.
Fortunately for you, few applications uses nowadays MCI.
How did this happen? I can't tell, but most of the times is related with the installation of a codec pack, like K-lite. Or a third part software that mess with the codec and filters.
The problem here is isolate what is causing this. It's not easy and it requires a certain tech level. When you mess with codecs you're messing with the system.

I think you've k-lite codec pack installed, right? Which version? When did you installed?

Post #: 17
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:06:10 AM   
andrewmazlim

Thxs for the answer...
Yes, I do (using k-Lite). Long time ago, I think.

Build Number: 1.5.2.3456
MPC-HC Compiler: MSVC 2010 SP1 (SSE)
FFmpeg Compiler: MinGW GCC 4.6.1 (SSE)

Do I have to run the Tweak Tool or other tool or something, to fix it?
I'm waiting your instructions.

< Message edited by andrewmazlim -- 11/5/2011 1:08:59 AM >

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 18
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:08:45 AM   
VPaulus

The version number that I want is the package Go to Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel and see what K-lite package is installed.

Post #: 19
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:10:40 AM   
andrewmazlim

K-Lite Codec Pack 7.5.0 (full)

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 20
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:16:41 AM   
andrewmazlim

(But again, trully, I can't understand WHY/HOW... I was FINE since... 20:00 this evening, I removed the DVD version from my system, I installed the downloaded version... and EVERY problem started from that point!)

Post #: 21
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:28:43 AM   
VPaulus

I know that 7.7.5 and 7.7.7 was working well, but I can't found them for download.

But before downloading, let us first try to run the K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool.
It's in your start menu:

Choose All options and select only "Detect Broken Codecs and Filters, Other fixes".
Let it run.
After finishing rename again "_Audio" to "Audio" and test the game.
Report back.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 11/5/2011 3:50:00 PM >

Post #: 22
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:31:53 AM   
VPaulus

I cannot tell why, but systems have their things sometimes. The only thing I can tell for sure it is not related with DVD version or for the fact of being a digital download. There's no difference.
But I can't tell you what happen.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 11/5/2011 1:32:18 AM >

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 23
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:40:36 AM   
andrewmazlim

Well, I did what you told me...
...and nothing changed!

I tell you what; I'll try to install it in the other partition of mine (with W7) and I'll report back to ya.
Now, go get some sleep.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 24
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:47:35 AM   
VPaulus

I still have 1 or 2 hours left
I'll be here, if you need me.
But it's a good test with Windows 7. But careful, coincidences exist. Don't take any conclusion if doesn't also work with Windows 7.
Believe me, I do repair and maintenance of computer system for more than 20 years, I know what I'm talking.
I've several PC around me. And I've seen this thing happened in Windows 7, Vista and XP. The same file with which I install and play.

Here is a good thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2916301

Post #: 25
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:48:47 AM   
andrewmazlim

Found the 7.7.0 (Mega) and the 7.7.7 (update), as much as I found (of course) the new one, the 7.9.0.

Post #: 26
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:51:17 AM   
andrewmazlim

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

I still have 1 or 2 hours left
I'll be here, if you need me.
But it's a good test with Windows 7. But careful, coincidences exist. Don't take any conclusion if doesn't also work with Windows 7.
Believe me, I do repair and maintenance of computer system for more than 20 years, I know what I'm talking.
I've several PC around me. And I've seen this thing happened in Windows 7, Vista and XP. The same file with which I install and play.

Here is a good thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2916301

Well... unfortunatelly I'm not (repairing/maintening PCs) and I don't want to - just to play my fav. game.
So, what do you think I should do, except the W7 try?

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 27
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:57:53 AM   
VPaulus

You can try 7.9.0.

But first the thing can be only related with wav. So I would convert the wav to mp3.
Hang on a minute I'll find the file for you to download.

Post #: 28
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 1:58:30 AM   
andrewmazlim

Bro..., you're the F*CKIN' wizard... GANDALF!!!
I fixed it!!!
It was the bloody f*ckin' k-lite!!!... I removed it, I installed the latest 7.9.0 ver (WITHOUT TOUCH ANYTHING - I left the default setup) and my... motherf*cker PANZERS HAVING SOUND... when kickin' some Russian arses!!!

Thxs, mate!

Post #: 29
RE: Sorry... but the new campaigns aren't valid and rui... - 11/5/2011 2:00:36 AM   
andrewmazlim

Trully, bro...
I need your email, FaceBook profile, something... to having you handy IF I F*CK-UP my system, again!

Well done, laddie!!!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support >> How to fix a video codec issue with Pz Corps Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI