Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best stracture of your WAFFEN army - by me.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Best stracture of your WAFFEN army - by me. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best stracture of your WAFFEN army - by me. - 11/5/2011 11:16:51 AM   
andrewmazlim

Okay...
Let's face it; the Jerries lost the war because Adolf's madness - by opening EVERYWHERE "war-theatres".
But...! Germans' warfare was BY FAR the greatest, during WWII.
Airforce? The Jerries had the best airplanes till 1943-44 and then, without materials and with the Americans "fresh" and with good machines too (P-51 Mustang), they lost "the skies".
Ground forces? Nobody could faced the powerfull Wehrmacht or the strong SS-Divisions.
Naval forces? Before the Allies broke "Enigma", the "Wolves" dominated the entire ocean.
(Not mention the MEN-POWER, the German soldiers/navy-men/pilots, by far the best comparing with the Allies...)

So... Playing "Panzer Corps" with Jerries side, it's quite EASY!!!
But, even if this is true, you need serious strategy, because the Germans lost serious battles from weak forces - like the US.Airborn in Buston's forest.
To me, for my personal succesful gameplay, this is what you need to do:

● From WW-1, the "revolutionary-weapon" in battlefields, was... the AIRPLANE! During WW-2, the airplane took SERIOUS role in battles. So, you need to build A STRONG and LARGE airforce!... During the first 2-3 senarios, I already have 6 Fighter Squadrons (!) and at least 4 Tactical-Bomber Squadrons (ONLY "STUKA"!). During the 6-10th senario, I have OVER 8 Fighter Squadrons (FokeWulf & Me-262) and at least 6 "Stuka" Squadrons (half Ju 87G, half Ju 87R)... You need to DESTROY the enemy's airforce, as soon as possible!
● Artillery! The NEXT important weapon, that you need to have quite some divisions, handy! I'm starting with 3-4 artillery divisions and during the later senarios, I have OVER 6-8 divisions - ONLY GUNS, not "Hammel" or anything else! GUNS... are better in offence! Okay, they sucks in defence, you need to mobilize them by trucks and such, but their gun-power over cities/tanks/troops, ROCKS!!!
● PARAs!!!... Aye, the troops that changed the war! Another "revolutionary-weapon". Paras are weak in defence, obviously (in real life too), but they can fly ANYWHERE fast... and they have strong offence. It's the BEST troops you need to support your panzer (and rest army). So, you need AT LEAST a couple of Para divisions... and you need the with experiance over 3 stars.
● PANZERS... of course! I'm always planning to have 6-8 (maybe 10) Panzer Div. And of course, I'm waiting with patience, to have available the STRONG "TIGER 1" - and I'm upgrading ALL my tanks to "TIGER 1", except a couple divisions to "TIGER 2" (which is MORE powerfull from "TIGER 1", but TOO SLOW... and I'm strong/fanatic supporter of "Blitzkrieg".
● Troops... ONLY Grenadiers & Pioneers! Nothing else, don't bother to spend prestige to other units.

...And nothing else! I'm not using anything else, to win.
I'll be back shortly, to explain my usual strategy against an enemy.

Cheers.

< Message edited by andrewmazlim -- 11/5/2011 11:18:29 AM >

"Never in the field of human conflict, has so much, been owed by so many, to so few!"
Post #: 1
RE: Best stracture of your WAFFEN army - by me. - 12/6/2011 5:53:10 PM   
andrewmazlim

Okay, I'm back.
I've seen there were over 300 users, they actually read this topic. Kind regards to you all.

So... I explained the "structure" of my usual army: lots airplanes (8/6, fighters/tact.bombers), 1-2 really experienced FallschirmjagerDev., 4-6 Guns (artillery), 3-5 footsoldiers (Pioneers/Grenadiers), 6-8 Panzer Dev... (MAYBE, you may "buy" also a decoy unit, like a Panzerspähwagen SdKfz, to using it as "scout" and "opening" quickly the "fog of war" in front of your troops.)

Now, how are you suppose to start a battle?...

First, you must change to the tactical map view and study your battlefield's ground; check your objective points - plan a route (the faster) and pick which objective needs to be captured first and which next, but the very FIRST objectives are... the enemy's AIRFIELDS! Airfields are VITAL! So, you need to capture one-by-one every airfield, first the closer and next the near one... and so on.
Also, you must plan your army's route to AVOID obstacles, like RIVERS, swamps, anti-tank structures etc.
So..., when you'll study carefully your map, you're about to deploy your army...
You must deploy FIRST of all your guns (artillery), in the closer open square near a city/airfield/defence line; because since the game begins, you need to "shock and awe" your enemy, so you're start bombing with the guns, then you're sending the "Stukas" to keep the bombing (each one "Stuka" followed by one "Me" figher Squadron in the next square, for support)... and THEN, you're sending the troops to finish the job! So, nearest the enemy you're placing the guns; just behind/besides them, you're placing the footsoldiers, while behind them all... you're placing the panzers.
You don't need to bother yourself to COVER ALL/ENTIRE front-line; you just cover the line you planned to unleash your attack. For example, if you planned to go (from North) south-west to capture your first objective and keep moving south and then in the middle of the map, what's the point to cover the EASTERN "flank" of your line, since the computer is pressing in the point YOU'RE ATTACKING?... Of course, there is a tricky part, to get over-flanked if the computer choose to counter-attack you, especially if you have one of YOUR ONE OBJECTIVE there. (So, leave a couple of your units IN AND AROUND YOUR objectives, just in case).

Well, you're start the game, by SENDING your fighters as "scouts" around the target you chose; you can seen now WHAT units the enemy has there and HOW MANY... If there are anti-aircraft guns, you need to destroy them first, so you're shooting with your guns; then, you're sending the "Stukas". Then, you're attacking with the troops to finish them off. Use your panzer to kick-arses of the enemy guns/anti-tank units and "bleeding" enemy troop units. Send your (2) Paratroopers as soon as possible to a DISTANT airfield (and cupture it), to "cut-off" in the middle the enemy airforce - but make a ROUND route for your Paras, because you don't want to face enemy fighters and of course, drop them THREE (at least) squares away from the airfield, to avoid artillery's shots or surpised attack from tanks/troops around the airfield... Since you'll start your attack, the enemy will send (among others) their airplanes to fight you back, of course. YOU MUST DESTROY THEM ALL, ALL THE PLANES (FIGHTER FIRST), AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!...

"BLITZKRIEG", fellas, "BLITZKRIEG"!!! Speed is vital for almost all senarios, so you need to "clean-up" fast your route to your objective points. So, AIRPLANES... GUNS... & PANZERS are very-very important!

Follow my lead, my strategy... and you'll never lost a single senario, even if you'll "bleed" (really hard) in some of them.

"Never in the field of human conflict, has so much, been owed by so many, to so few!"

(in reply to andrewmazlim)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Best stracture of your WAFFEN army - by me. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI