Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 9/17/2011 7:45:37 AM   
inqistor

CVE Chuyo is in production queue in Japan, scheduled to its historical date, but it seems whole class was converted from ocean liners. While two was made pre-war, Chuyo began conversion in mid-1942, from Nitta Maru. There are actually 3 ships, with similar names to NITTA Maru, so maybe one of them should convert?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 1141
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 11/6/2011 9:58:06 PM   
inqistor

Ship 5142 St. Mihel, should be probably spelled St. Mihiel, after WWI battlefield.

And Awajisan Maru have probably wrong class, as it was much larger, and is listed as being the same class as its sister ships:

quote:

Along with its sister ships Ayatosan Maru and Sakura Maru, it was carrying around 5,000 troops during the landings at Kota Bharu.

And they are defined as Yusen Cargo.

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 1142
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 11/6/2011 11:17:00 PM   
Tijanski

it has only been explained a thousand times that the game tons is not gross tons. but it seems that some people do not read anything befor posting. so maybe we should, yawn, ignore this too.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1143
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 11/12/2011 9:29:01 AM   
inqistor

TF 8092 Pattani Invasion do not have enough capacity. In editor it should take 4 LCUs, but it fits only 3.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tijanski

it has only been explained a thousand times that the game tons is not gross tons. but it seems that some people do not read anything befor posting. so maybe we should, yawn, ignore this too.

Yeah, it is pretty obvious you are one of them. You have also problem with spelling.
Maybe you should check in Dictionary what exactly term "sister ship" means?

PS. I hope you know, that having multiple account on this forum is strictly against rules?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tijanski)
Post #: 1144
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 12/30/2011 1:08:31 PM   
PaxMondo

If this has already been noted, disregard.

Tonan Whaler (2135) has a bind class of 218 set, (which is used by Type-N TL - 2137). It isn't used, but it's there, in Scen 1. Looks like a typo. Should be blank.

Pax

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1145
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 1/8/2012 9:05:52 PM   
Boozecamp

DD-606 USS Coghlan, a Benson class DD, is missing from 1106i at least. I don't know if this has since been corrected.

She was commissioned on July 10, 1942, being built at Bethlehem in San Fran. Spend the whole war in the Pacific.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 1146
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 1/29/2012 7:37:34 AM   
Dutch_slith

When my dutch subs choose to attack on surface they never use their deck gun. No messages appear on the combat screen. Only the japanese merchant shoots. After some rounds of combat (and after the sub was finally hit), the sub commander submerges again due to damage.

I've checked the database. All sub classes (either allies or japanese) have their deck guns rated as naval or double purpose guns. Only the dutch subs have them rated as AA guns. According to michaelm AA Guns will be used in surface attack, but only at short range.

I would like to suggest rating them as DP Guns or replacing them with other devices.

Harald

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1147
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 1/29/2012 6:42:47 PM   
US87891

Thank you Harald,

Probably a typo but doubt it will ever get fixed in the stock scenario set. Will make sure this is addressed in Babes scenarios.

Matt

(in reply to Dutch_slith)
Post #: 1148
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 2/2/2012 9:20:44 PM   
Skyros

Not sure if this is WAD or Typo, but according to the editor the CS Mizuho has 27 listed in the armor with weapon None for the 12/42 conversion to CVL. It gets the same number of Torpedoes on 7/44.

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 1149
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 2/23/2012 5:15:40 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

I did some reading on hospital ships and found that some US hospital ships of WWII have been converted from APs and AKs which are present in AE.

These ships have no withdrawal date in AE and thus stay available in the game as APs / AKs when they should be withdrawn.

So far I have identified USAHS Louis A. Milne (ex-Lewis Luckenbach), USAHS Ernestine Koranda (ex-Dorothy Luckenbach), USAHS Marigold (ex-President Fillmore), USAHS Emily H. M. Weder (ex-President Buchanan), USAHS Howard A. McCurdy (ex-President Tyler), AH-10 USS Samaritan (ex-Chaumont), USS Bountiful (ex-Henderson).

Perhaps someone has a complete list with withdrawal dates or wants to do more research on it?

(in reply to Skyros)
Post #: 1150
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 2/23/2012 8:38:05 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Or add hospital ships ! they could add support to bases where docked?

I mentioned this years ago...

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 1151
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 3/13/2012 10:45:51 AM   
Omat

Hello

For modders:

Ship Class ID: 2540 Heywood (class)

Wpn slot 7: SG SS Radar facing "04 Left side". should be: "05 All side"

Hope it helps

Omat

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 1152
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 3/13/2012 12:06:03 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

For modders:

Ship Class ID: 2540 Heywood (class)

Wpn slot 7: SG SS Radar facing "04 Left side". should be: "05 All side"

Hope it helps

Omat

Good find.

Checking other classes, I found the same error for class 2542 C3-A Pres.Jackson.

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 1153
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 3/24/2012 7:52:06 PM   
rjopel

Why don't the British have any ACM's? They can't maintain any of thier minefields without them.

Post #: 1154
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 3/24/2012 9:46:27 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjopel

Why don't the British have any ACM's? They can't maintain any of thier minefields without them.

I am not aware of them having any in the Pacific theatre. They did have several coastal minelayers: one lost at Hong Kong, another lost a Singapore, and two in the Indian ocean (one on the African coast side).

(in reply to rjopel)
Post #: 1155
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 3/25/2012 7:28:53 AM   
rjopel

So they let thier pre-war minfields in India waste away? They had to have someway to maintain them, without relaying mines every couple weeks.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 1156
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 3/25/2012 5:18:07 PM   
Don Bowen

The British had no minefield tenders. They did have some controlled minelayers that layed controlled minefields, but apparently no ships capable of pulling up a pre-laid mine for maintenance. The Americans only had three (if I recall correctly) at war's start: one each at Manila, San Francisco, and Puget Sound.

The US Army Mine Service did have a larger number of motor-boat sized service craft, mainly for cables and electrical junction boxes. Perhaps the British had similar craft.

The RAN did have three ships designated as ACM: ex auxiliary minesweeper Beragamui (402 tons) and converted merchants Gippsland (159 tons) and Uralba (603 tons).

(in reply to rjopel)
Post #: 1157
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 3/26/2012 12:06:05 PM   
Knavey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

The British had no minefield tenders. They did have some controlled minelayers that layed controlled minefields, but apparently no ships capable of pulling up a pre-laid mine for maintenance. The Americans only had three (if I recall correctly) at war's start: one each at Manila, San Francisco, and Puget Sound.

The US Army Mine Service did have a larger number of motor-boat sized service craft, mainly for cables and electrical junction boxes. Perhaps the British had similar craft.

The RAN did have three ships designated as ACM: ex auxiliary minesweeper Beragamui (402 tons) and converted merchants Gippsland (159 tons) and Uralba (603 tons).

The level of detail that goes into this game never ceases to amaze me!

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 1158
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 3/27/2012 9:28:30 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Don is a living dictionary of warships, auxiliaries, merchant ships, local craft etc. - probably even of every coconut which has ever floated in the Pacific. You should see the level of detail of his private mod - see teaser in this thread. And that is only a small example - right, Don?

(in reply to Knavey)
Post #: 1159
RE: Known Issue - off map turnarounds - 4/8/2012 2:23:11 AM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Yes. For many reasons. One of which is the same reason that 5" guns have 18 ammo instead of 320.

The number of shots appears to be related to the number of tubes in the mounting -
otherwise something like divide the shells by six - which is a reasonable value.

Mines are somewhat similar in that the number may be divided by the number of minelaying tubes (or tracks,
or whatever) - but otherwise - they do not seem to have a consistent divisor. Sometimes it is 1, other time
some other value. Is there a standard number intended for a "mine shot"? If so, any idea why it isn't published?
Because some vessels carry very few mines, it might be better if the number of mines was "true" - otherwise
such vessels probably should be given none at all - as they would not even rate one shot. IS there a
number of mines per mineshot that is ideal from a design point of view? If so - what is it?

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 1160
RE: Known Issue - off map turnarounds - 5/5/2012 7:23:42 PM   
armin

fixed

< Message edited by armin -- 5/5/2012 7:28:16 PM >

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 1161
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 6/16/2012 5:16:53 PM   
msieving1

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

I did some reading on hospital ships and found that some US hospital ships of WWII have been converted from APs and AKs which are present in AE.

These ships have no withdrawal date in AE and thus stay available in the game as APs / AKs when they should be withdrawn.

So far I have identified USAHS Louis A. Milne (ex-Lewis Luckenbach), USAHS Ernestine Koranda (ex-Dorothy Luckenbach), USAHS Marigold (ex-President Fillmore), USAHS Emily H. M. Weder (ex-President Buchanan), USAHS Howard A. McCurdy (ex-President Tyler), AH-10 USS Samaritan (ex-Chaumont), USS Bountiful (ex-Henderson).

Perhaps someone has a complete list with withdrawal dates or wants to do more research on it?

http://med-dept.com/hosp_ships.php

This article has a complete list of US Army and Navy hospital ships, the dates they were designated to be converted, and the previous name of the ship, if the name was changed. There's also a photo of the Dutch Maetsuycker, which was converted to an Australian hospital ship, but no information on when that conversion was made.

Post #: 1162
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 9/12/2012 10:38:34 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

Ship 5142 St. Mihel, should be probably spelled St. Mihiel, after WWI battlefield.

And Awajisan Maru have probably wrong class, as it was much larger, and is listed as being the same class as its sister ships:

quote:

Along with its sister ships Ayatosan Maru and Sakura Maru, it was carrying around 5,000 troops during the landings at Kota Bharu.

Awazisan Maru - a Yusen A class - is in the game (ship 1226 - well, at least in DBB), but starts at Saigon on Dec. 7th.

Awajisan Maru (ship 1722) - a Gozan class - is in TF 8085 (18th Div I).

Probably should be swapped.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1163
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 9/12/2012 10:39:42 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: msieving1

quote:

http://med-dept.com/hosp_ships.php

This article has a complete list of US Army and Navy hospital ships, the dates they were designated to be converted, and the previous name of the ship, if the name was changed. There's also a photo of the Dutch Maetsuycker, which was converted to an Australian hospital ship, but no information on when that conversion was made.

Better late than never: Thank you! Will add withdrawal dates for US APs Republic, Chaumont, St.Mihiel, President Fillmore, President Buchanan, President Tyler and Henderson as well as xAKs Lewis Luckenbach and Dorothy Luckenbach – all converted to hospital ships.

(in reply to msieving1)
Post #: 1164
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 9/29/2012 10:43:37 AM   
inqistor

quote:

quote:

quote:

Awazisan Maru - a Yusen A class - is in the game (ship 1226 - well, at least in DBB), but starts at Saigon on Dec. 7th.

Awajisan Maru (ship 1722) - a Gozan class - is in TF 8085 (18th Div I).

Probably should be swapped.

Good catch!
That is probably this!

Now, can you also find how xAK Moji Maru could be spelled differently?

quote:

There was at least one example, where Japanese transport was converted into hospital ship, and later into CVE. How do you propose to simulate that?
Also, some of hospital ships were sunk, so that takes lots of VP from equation. You could reduce their cargo holds, although I do not see then reason to operate them at all.

Post #: 1165
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 9/29/2012 12:36:14 PM   
Reg

quote:

quote:

You could reduce their cargo holds, although I do not see then reason to operate them at all.

If you gave them an amphibious bonus like a AGC (or make them in the editor as re-badged AGCs) it would make them relevant to the game and encourage players to use them.

I would justify this with assumption that their presence would assist fighting ashore as I can see no other game mechanism other an amphibious invasion that could by affected by the presence of a ship.

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1166
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 9/29/2012 12:45:45 PM   
Reg

If you are looking for minor things to fix,

HMAS Ipswitch should be named HMAS Ipswich in the stock scenarios. (City_of_Ipswich)

(it grates every time I read that in an AAR..)

< Message edited by Reg -- 9/29/2012 12:51:37 PM >

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 1167
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 9/29/2012 8:59:10 PM   
rjopel

Scenario 8

Casablanca 9/44 has two sets of 15xRight-mounted 20mm Oerlikon AA Gun's rather than left and right mounted sets.

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 1168
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 9/29/2012 11:15:12 PM   
msieving1

quote:

There was at least one example, where Japanese transport was converted into hospital ship, and later into CVE. How do you propose to simulate that?

Personally, I wouldn't bother. However, I can't find any information on this conversion.

quote:

Also, some of hospital ships were sunk, so that takes lots of VP from equation. You could reduce their cargo holds, although I do not see then reason to operate them at all.

I think the original idea was simply to withdraw the transports that were converted to hospital ships, not to operate them as hospital ships.

Two Japanese hospital ships were sunk by US forces, and one Australian hospital ship was sunk by the Japanese. The VPs involved would be negligible. (Since sinking hospital ships was illegal, they should cost the attacker points, if anything.)

I was interested to find that after the Japanese hospital ship Awa Maru was sunk by the USS Queenfish, the captain of the Queenfish was court-martialed and convicted of negligence. The US offered, through neutral Switzerland, to replace the Awa Maru with a similar ship. The Japanese in turn submitted a bill for $52 million in compensation for the loss, which was never paid.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 1169
RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues - 12/16/2012 4:34:02 AM   
JeffroK

Scen 1 has always had incorrect start dates and locations, I cant see that they have been corrected but some mods may have been updated.
I have some missing ships at the bottom, if someone can find them can they post the slot no.

EDITED AFTER LST's AUDIT

As follows:

Slot Name AE Date Location IRLDate IRLLocation

9724 Swan 411206 Brisbane 411206 Patrolling Melbourne/Burnie
9725 Warrego 411206 Melbourne 411206 Patrolling Melbourne/Burnie
9726 Yarra 411206 Aden 411225 Aden
9727 Bungaree 411206 Sydney 411206 Sydney
3211 Shropshire 430215 Aden 430904 Cape Town
3212 Australia 421215 Sydney 411205 False Bay Republic of South Africa
411217 Arrived Fremantle
411221 Arrived Sydney
3213 Canberra 411206 Sydney 411206 Sydney
3235 Perth 411206 Sydney 411206 Sydney
3236 Hobart 411206 Aden 420115 Aden
3237 Adelaide 411206 Pt Moresby 411206 Pt Moresby
3688 Stuart 411206 Melbourne 411206 Melbourne/Under Repair
3689 Voyager 411206 Sydney 411206 Sydney/Under Repair
3690 Vampire 411206 Z Force 411206 Singapore
3691 Vendetta 411206 Singapore 411206 Singapore/Immobile
Even her main armament had been taken ashore and it was not until 24/1/42 that they were recovered and plans put in place to tow her back to Australia.
3692 Quiberon 431215 Aden 430227 Cape Town/Durban
3693 Quickmatch 431215 Aden 4405?? Arrived Indian Ocean
3694 Arunta 420515 Cape Town 420517 Sydney
3695 Warramunga 421215 Cape Town 421123 Sydney
3697 Bataan 460515 Aden 450525 Sydney
3728 Napier 420103 Aden 420103 Aden
3729 Nepal 420812 Cape Town 420812 Cape Town
3730 Nestor 420103 Aden 420103 Aden
3731 Nizam 420103 Aden 420103 Aden
3732 Norman 420103 Cape Town 420103 Aden
4381 Kalgoorlie 420407 Brisbane 420407 Whyalla
4382 Tamworth 420808 Brisbane 420808 Maryborough
4383 Pirie 421010 Brisbane 421010 Whyalla
4384 Ararat 430616 Rockhampton 430616 Brisbane
4385 Armidale 420611 Hobart 420611 Sydney
4386 Ballarat 411206 Singapore 411206 Arrives Darwin 8/12/41 from Sydney
4387 Benalla 420415 Melbourne 430427 Melbourne
4388 Bowen 420815 Brisbane 421109 Brisbane
4389 Bunbury 411206 Townsville 430103 Brisbane
4390 Bundaberg 420912 Darwin 420912 Brisbane
4391 Cairns 411206 Darwin 420511 Maryborough
4392 Castlemaine 420415 Melbourne 420617 Melbourne
4393 Cessnock 420215 Sydney 420126 Sydney
4394 Colac 420116 Derby?? 420106 Sydney
4395 Cootamundra 420615 Sydney 430430 Sydney
4396 Cowra 420615 --------- 431008 Sydney
4397 Deloraine 411206 Darwin 411206 Sydney
4398 Dubbo 420731 Townsville 420731 Sydney
4399 Echuca 420415 --------- 420415 Melbourne
4400 Fremantle 430324 Sydney 430324 Brisbane
4401 Geelong 420515 Melbourne 420116 Melbourne
4402 Gladstone 420815 Melbourne 430322 Maryborough
4403 Glenelg 421116 Burnie 421116 Sydney
4404 Gympie 421104 Derby?? 421104 Brisbane
4405 Horsham 420515 ---------- 421118 Melbourne
4406 Inverell 420917 Rockhampton 420917 Sydney
4408 Ipswich 411206 Darwin 420613 Brisbane
4408 Junee 420615 ---------- 440411 Sydney
4409 Kapunda 420715 Sydney 421021 Sydney
4410 Katoomba 420715 Sydney 411217 Sydney
4411 Kiama 440116 Sydney 440126 Brisbane
4412 Latrobe 411206 Perth 421106 Sydney
4413 Launceston 420115 Brisbane 420409 Brisbane
4414 Lismore 420115 Trincomalee 411206 Aden
4415 Lithgow 411206 Burnie 411206 Burnie
4416 Mildura 411206 Townsville 411206 Townsville
4417 Parkes 440525 Melbourne 440525 Brisbane
4418 Rockhampton 420915 Melbourne 420121 Maryborough
4419 Shepparton 420615 Melbourne 430201 Melbourne
4420 Stawell 420715 Melbourne 430807 Melbourne
4421 Strahan 421015 Newcastle 440314 Newcastle
4422 Toowoomba 411206 Singapore 411206 Singapore
4423 Townsville 411219 Cairns 411219 Brisbane
4424 Wagga 411218 Sydney 411218 Sydney
4425 Wallaroo 420815 Sydney 420715 Wallaroo (Choose Adelaide or Whyalla)
4426 Warrnambool 411206 Derby??? 411206 Burnie
4427 Whyalla 411206 Sydney 420108 Whyalla
4428 Wollongong 411206 Sydney 411206 Sydney
10432 Kanimbla 411206 Singapore 411206 Singapore
10431 Manoora 411206 Singapore 411206 Singapore
10433 Westralia 411206 Sydney 411206 Sydney
11128 Barcoo 440315 ---------- 440117 Sydney
11129 Barwon 460201 ---------- 451210 Sydney
11130 Burdekin 440915 ---------- 440627 Brisbane
11131 Diamantina 450615 ---------- 450427 Maryborough
11132 Gascoyne 4401?? ---------- 431118 Sydney
11133 Hawkesbury 440915 ---------- 440705 Sydney
11134 Lachlan 450315 ---------- 450214 Sydney
11135 Macquarie 460115 ---------- 451207 Sydney
11136 Murchison 460115 ---------- 451217 Brisbane
11137 Condamine 460215 ---------- 460222 Sydney
11138 Culgoa 460215 ---------- 470401 Melbourne

MISSING SHIPS
Bathurst 411216 Aden
Bendigo 411206 Singapore
Broome 420729 Brisbane
Burnie 411206 Singapore
Gawler 420814 Whyalla
Geraldton 420406 Sydney
Goulburn 411206 Singapore
Maryborough 411206 Singapore

http://www.navy.gov.au/fleet/ships-boats-craft/available-ship-histories

< Message edited by JeffK -- 12/19/2012 6:28:39 AM >

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to msieving1)
Post #: 1170
Page:   <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: AE Naval and OOB Issues Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI