Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cross of Iron- Commonwealth Summer Mod Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron- Commonwealth Summer Mod Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cross of Iron- Commonwealth Summer Mod Problem - 11/17/2011 3:39:02 PM   
ceb2

With my recent purchase of COI and WAR I now have ALL the Close Combat games. I'm really enjoying them. I've installed all the mods available for each game and all are running successfully except the COMMONWEALTH SUMMER Mod.

I CAN run the Normandy Campaign of the mod but I'm only able to run SIX of the Historical Ops/Battles. If I try to run any others I get this error message:

"The Close Combat CD is required to play this Game".

Then the game closes and I have to restart. I DL'd and installed a Mod from the Close Combat Series website that supposedly fixes this problem, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a fix for this?

BTW, I'm running in XP Comp mode already (allows the videos to run). Also the only way I can run the Ardenne-Hurtgen mod is setting my screen rez from my normal 1680x1050 to 1440x900. Is there a workaround for this problem?

My system and specs:

Falcon Fragbox2 Gaming PC
Vista 32-bit OS
Intel Duo-Core 3.16ghz Chip
ATI Radeon 4850 GC
Post #: 1
RE: Cross of Iron- Commonwealth Summer Mod Problem - 11/17/2011 4:52:08 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Cross of Iron is an older game and can't seamlessly handle a situation where the game's screen resolution is greater than the size of the map.  So in cases where you have a high screen resolution and a small map, you may get an error dialog telling you that you must reduce your game screen resolution to play that map.  Unfortunately there are currently no other options other than to reduce your resolution, or avoid playing that map.

I'm not familiar with the mod you mentioned, but the error message means that an expected file could not be found.  Possibly you could contact the mod maker (they usually include a readme with email or forum handles) and see if he has an updated version.

(in reply to ceb2)
Post #: 2
RE: Cross of Iron- Commonwealth Summer Mod Problem - 11/17/2011 7:15:00 PM   
Andrew Williams

Did you get the CS map pack patch dated 20 Sept. 2010?

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: Cross of Iron- Commonwealth Summer Mod Problem - 11/18/2011 3:59:23 AM   
ceb2

Steve, Thanks for the reply. Actually, I'm not having any trouble running anything in the stock COI in my normal 1680x1050 rez. The Ardennes-Hurtgen Mod is the one I have to run at lower rez to be playable. Hypothetical question: Suppose I did have the COI CD, if I loaded it when asked, do you think the mod would actually run? Just wondering if buying the physical copy of COI would be worth it as I'm really enjoying this particular mod.

Andrew, thank you for your question and yes I'd already installed the CS map patch update before my post here.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 4
RE: Cross of Iron- Commonwealth Summer Mod Problem - 11/18/2011 4:02:41 PM   
SteveMcClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: ceb
Hypothetical question: Suppose I did have the COI CD, if I loaded it when asked, do you think the mod would actually run? Just wondering if buying the physical copy of COI would be worth it as I'm really enjoying this particular mod.

I doubt it. The game assumes that any necessary file not installed on your hard drive is on the CD. So if it doesn't find a file it asks you to insert the CD so it can copy it from there.

Unless the mod removed one of the stock game files (like a map file) having the CD won't help. Since it is most likely a mod file, not an original game file, that is missing, the missing file won't be on the CD either.

(in reply to ceb2)
Post #: 5
RE: Cross of Iron- Commonwealth Summer Mod Problem - 11/18/2011 8:13:39 PM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

"The Close Combat CD is required to play this Game".

It will then tell you the file it is looking for... what does it say?

What camp/op are you trying to play?

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 6
RE: Cross of Iron- Commonwealth Summer Mod Problem - 5/21/2013 1:08:26 PM   
Udet

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I can not download the CS map pack patch dated 20 Sept. 2010. The link seems broken like so many other links on the CoI download site. Any help is appreciated.

< Message edited by Udet -- 5/26/2013 12:27:36 PM >

Udet

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron- Commonwealth Summer Mod Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI