Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions please about PzC

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Some questions please about PzC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions please about PzC - 11/20/2011 3:52:59 AM   
pcpilot

I understand this is the "spritual succsser" to Panzer General. Loved that game. Sure got a lot of mileage out of it. So naturally I am interested in this new game. I noticed though a few things and have a few questions if I may.

First, I noticed that only the German side seems to be playable. Is this correct/ Will PzC ever have the other nations playable like PG2 did? I am particualrily fond of playing the allied side.

Second, the DLCs, do I have to buy them all to be able to play the 41 campaign or just the 41 DLC?

Thirdly, each DLC is $15? Seems kinda pricey for a very limited period. Dont get me wrong, I understand a lot of work has went into these things so dont want to shortcut anyone. Thats nearly a $100 dollars and I assume the devs arent done making more DLCs yet right?

Fourth, These DLCs update the core game system dont they? With improvements to the AI and so forth correct? If I only buy the base game, will there be a patch to upgrade the base game to the same standard as the game with DLCs ?

Thank you VERY much for the time and trouble with these questions. Looking forward to the demo...

< Message edited by racketyjack -- 11/20/2011 3:55:26 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/20/2011 4:18:07 AM   
Ralle

1. Yes at the moment only the Axis are playable...But it seems there will be some DLC`s ....but I`m not a developer,so don`t count on my words....
2. I do think you`ll need both...but it`s worth it
3. It seems one DLC is 5 us$...boxed edition a bit more....
4. You can update the standard game to 1.04....without having the dlc

(in reply to pcpilot)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/20/2011 6:54:49 AM   
KerenskyLI

You can play as the Allies in single scenario play or in multiplayer.  The campaigns only support the Germans, so far.

You can skip DLC 39 and DLC 40 and jump right into DLC 41.  From there, you can continue with 42 (when it's ready) or skip that and start fresh at DLC 43.  It's a very flexible system.

Like Ralle said, the digital download is only $5 per DLC.  If you want the physical shipped item, it's $15 each.

All the improvements are patched into the main game.  Without the DLCs though, you're not likely to see the
improvements put to work.  For example new units added in the DLC may not ever appear in the base campaign (captured Char B for example).  Also, improved DLC AI doesn't carry over into the stock game.  The reason the AI is improved in the DLC is because they have been configured more heavily on a scenario by scenario basis, something that does not get automatically applied to the stock game.

< Message edited by KerenskyLI -- 11/20/2011 6:55:34 AM >

(in reply to Ralle)
Post #: 3
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/20/2011 2:40:39 PM   
pcpilot

Thank you fellas VERY much for answering all my questions. Glad to hear I can download the new campaigns for only $5...that sounds quite reasonable. Im really looking forward to that demo. Thanks Devs, by the way, for coming out with one...

(in reply to KerenskyLI)
Post #: 4
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/21/2011 8:33:49 AM   
Lord Zimoa

quote:

I understand this is the "spritual succsser" to Panzer General. Loved that game. Sure got a lot of mileage out of it. So naturally I am interested in this new game. I noticed though a few things and have a few questions if I may.

First, I noticed that only the German side seems to be playable. Is this correct/ Will PzC ever have the other nations playable like PG2 did? I am particualrily fond of playing the allied side.

Second, the DLCs, do I have to buy them all to be able to play the 41 campaign or just the 41 DLC?

We have a whole road map set out for the next year and beyond, but more than that we cannot tell you at this point. We are trying to satisfy all needs though...

A lot more DLC is coming in total around 7 Grand Campaign DLC`s are planned, maybe more if demand is there, covering `39-`45.

So around an extra 70 scenario`s all linked together to form one big Grand Campaign, you can entry at any point though and your core is carried over.

DLC `41 is near release, DLC` 42 is in Beta, we are trying to keep up a rate of one per month.

At the same time we patch the game continuously, so all players, even the ones who have no interest in the Grand Campaign `39-`45 DLC`s are always getting the latest version for free.

And we have several big expansions coming as well covering other and more territories and/or sides, new art, new music, new tiles, new units, new scenarios, new MP maps, new theatres of war, new factions, etc... but more news about this coming soon.

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 11/21/2011 8:34:27 AM >

(in reply to pcpilot)
Post #: 5
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 4:39:51 AM   
pcpilot

It all sounds thoroughly exciting Zamoa! It is VERY nice to see a Panzer General successor come along and one that looks so professional and downright snazzy! I will be downloading the demo tommorrow. The wife has already been prepped about this being an early Christmas present for me as I have a good feeling about this one. I also feel rather jazzed a dev read my thread. Anytime a Dev keeps tabs on their forums and communicates makes everyone feel like they are a lot closer and involved community...I like that too. So thank you for the reply Zamoa.

P.S. I also have to say I am pleased to no end that you offer the game with a printed color manual...just like the old days eh? This is my kinda gaming all around...

< Message edited by racketyjack -- 11/22/2011 4:42:53 AM >

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 6
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 5:01:48 AM   
KerenskyLI

Hey where's my dev thank you? 
Don't let my Lina Inverse signature fool you!

(in reply to pcpilot)
Post #: 7
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 4:38:15 PM   
Sawbonz

There is a 1.4 patch. If you buy the DLC, do you also need the patch?

(in reply to pcpilot)
Post #: 8
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 4:45:40 PM   
pcpilot

My humblest apologies Kerensky...obviously I am unfamilier with the local indigenes. In my own defence however, I did take note that your response to my questions sounded awfully official...

< Message edited by racketyjack -- 11/22/2011 4:46:18 PM >

(in reply to KerenskyLI)
Post #: 9
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 4:46:00 PM   
Lord Zimoa

quote:

No, all DLC`s include the latest patches, at the same time we keep all the latest patches available for free, so even people with no interest in the DLC`s, that include all the new units and scenarios, etc..., are using the same version. The demo is also the latest version at this point, so if you buy the full game after playing the demo, you should already have the latest version at this point in time.

The full game launcher also comes with a "check for update" button, to make lives even easier in the future to check if your game is updated properly.

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 11/22/2011 4:48:17 PM >

(in reply to Sawbonz)
Post #: 10
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 4:47:16 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sawbonz

Not necessary. DLC will patch Panzer Corps to 1.04.

EDIT: Ups. Sorry Tim. It seems you were quicker a few seconds than me.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 11/22/2011 4:49:06 PM >

(in reply to Sawbonz)
Post #: 11
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 4:53:18 PM   
Lord Zimoa

quote:

My humblest apologies Kerensky...obviously I am unfamilier with the local indigenes.

Don`t, it is his own fault nobody takes him serious with that kind of avatar and sign! LOL

He even puts it in his own version of the Panzer Corps game UI... sigh, total blasphemy... I believe he is a lost cause.

But a great scenario designer nevertheless.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 12
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 4:54:53 PM   
pcpilot

LOL! Thanks Zamoa! I feel a little less foolish...WHOA! BIIIIG sale going on! And its still going on after my payday! I may be able to get those DLCs after all! I wonder if the 50% off applies to the DLCs also? Im sorry if I mention money so much but our budget is a concern. By the same token, gaming is probably my main hobby and I DO want to support the devs. Espesially those who take the time to make a gamers game like this.

< Message edited by racketyjack -- 11/22/2011 4:56:11 PM >

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 13
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 5:02:48 PM   
IainMcNeil

The game is now $19.99. DLC's are only $4.99 each and thats as low as we can go because of payment processing really. The main game plus both DLC's is only $29.97 or about £20/22 Euro.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to pcpilot)
Post #: 14
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 7:01:50 PM   
pcpilot

Actually, I meant the boxed version of the DLCs. I was wondering if they were half off too, just curious. I know you all put a LOT of effort into these games so if not, it simply means I'll buy them a bit slower. But buy them I likely will... You may have noticed the decision to buy made here in contrast to my previous posts. Ive been playing the demo today since downloading it. THIS GAME IS SNAZZY! I am espesially fond of that incredible library you all have put together. Love the artwork there and indeed thrughout the game. The units are easier to see than the old PGII and just look cool. I find the mini map useful showing objectives as well as all the units, etc. I downloaded the pdf manual so need to spend a little time in it to get all the nuances of the game. I ran into the "rugged defence" in the Polish campaign so need to re-familierize myself with a number of details. I managed to pull out a decisive victory on Colonel setting so Im a bit jazzed despite losing my Me-109 fighters....lol.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 15
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 7:52:01 PM   
Lord Zimoa

You have to remember, the boxes are "boxes on demand", we earn zero on them really. The administration, printing, boxing, packaging and sending is individual and covers the actual costs, you get your name and serial printed on the DVD, but it is really an option we offer for the customer who really likes to have his game printed on a DVD, have a box and colour printed manual as a service.

Unless the orders are really big we cannot get discounts on that process.

As it is a custom individual service, a individual discount is economically impossible on the "print and box on demand" service.

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 11/22/2011 8:03:49 PM >

(in reply to pcpilot)
Post #: 16
RE: Some questions please about PzC - 11/22/2011 8:28:20 PM   
KerenskyLI

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

Don`t, it is his own fault nobody takes him serious with that kind of avatar and sign! LOL

He even puts it in his own version of the Panzer Corps game UI... sigh, total blasphemy... I believe he is a lost cause.

But a great scenario designer nevertheless.

Guilty on all charges! lol ;)

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Some questions please about PzC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI