Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Guards Tank Bde and Mountain Div

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Guards Tank Bde and Mountain Div Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Guards Tank Bde and Mountain Div - 11/21/2011 2:07:03 AM   
Mike13z50

Are the rules different for Tank Bde & Mtn Div then for Rifle Div and Cav Div?

I'm playing 41GC vs AI and its the first Feb turn, I've got 30+ Gds Rifle and most of the Cav Corps are Guards, but I have zero Gds Tank Bde or Mountain Div.

Plenty of them are eligible.

Using latest patch.
Post #: 1
RE: Guards Tank Bde and Mountain Div - 11/21/2011 2:34:25 AM   
M60A3TTS

I wonder if you're simply maxxed out on guards.

(in reply to Mike13z50)
Post #: 2
RE: Guards Tank Bde and Mountain Div - 11/21/2011 3:11:22 AM   
Q-Ball

There is no cap at all on Mountain Divisions. Just wait, they will roll over

Tank Bdes are tough to convert; they will roll over eventually. The CAP is something like 35% of total, which is very tough to reach.

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 3
RE: Guards Tank Bde and Mountain Div - 11/21/2011 7:17:26 AM   
Omat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike13z50

Are the rules different for Tank Bde & Mtn Div then for Rifle Div and Cav Div?

I'm playing 41GC vs AI and its the first Feb turn, I've got 30+ Gds Rifle and most of the Cav Corps are Guards, but I have zero Gds Tank Bde or Mountain Div.

Plenty of them are eligible.

Using latest patch.

Hello

Tank Bde are motorized type.

quote:

Guards Number Limits
While not exact, there are limits to the number of each type of unit (infantry, armour, mountain, artillery, etc.) that may become guards units.
The size of the unit may impact the percentages, with larger units having more impact than smaller ones. There is no limit on the number of
cavalry or airborne combat units that may become guards units.
The limit for motorized type units is approximately 35 percent. For non-motorized type units, the approximate percentage limit varies by year
as follows:

1941 – 5 percent

January - June 1942 -10 percent

July - December 1942 – 17 percent

1943 – 25 percent

1944 – 30 percent

Guards Status Conditions
In order for a unit to become a guards unit, the three following conditions must be met:

Condition One:

For non-motorized units, the unit‟s number of wins plus the year modifier must be greater or equal to 8 plus random(8).(see
glossary for definition of random(x))

For motorized units, the unit‟s number of wins plus the year modifier must be greater or equal to 12 plus random(12)

For Corps HQ units, the unit‟s number of wins plus the year modifier must be greater or equal to 15 plus random(15)

For Army HQ units, the unit‟s number of wins plus the year modifier must be greater or equal to 75 plus random(75)

Condition Two:

For all units, the unit‟s number of wins plus the year modifier must be greater than 9

Condition Three:

For all units, the unit‟s number of wins plus the year modifier must be greater than 2 plus the unit‟s number of losses
Year Modifier: The Year modifier is 3 in 1941, 2 in 1942 and 1 in 1943-45.

Corps Combat Unit Buildup and Guards Status
When the Soviets combine combat units to form a corps combat unit, if two or three of the units are already Guard units, then the Corps formed will be a Guard Corps. Otherwise the Corps combat unit will not have a Guards designation or the morale bonus.

So for Tank Bde is an another rule than Infantry Div and should harder to get guards.

Hope it helps..

Omat

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

(in reply to Mike13z50)
Post #: 4
RE: Guards Tank Bde and Mountain Div - 11/21/2011 3:05:29 PM   
ComradeP

Motorized units can take longer because there's a higher chance that they'll fail their Guards promotion roll if they are at (in 1942) 10 or a bit more victories, compared to the chance non-motorized units have to make their rolls.

Not sure why your mountain divisions are not changing to Guards, could be that you're just getting poor rolls. As Q-Ball said: just wait. As long as your units have the necessary amount of victories (and also qualify based on the other requirements) they will eventually become Guards.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 5
RE: Guards Tank Bde and Mountain Div - 11/21/2011 3:38:04 PM   
Mike13z50

Thanks for the responses, after reading Omar's I went back to the rules and looked.

So

Tank Bde 42
wins + 2>=12+rnd(12)
wins must be >=11
wins must be >2+losses
Mnt Bde 42
wins+2>=8+rnd(8)
wins must be >=7
wins must be >2+losses

So I actually only have 1 eligible tank bde and 2 Mtn Div and they are both barely above minimum which means they only pass on a random 1 or 2 at this point.

I was worried because the first time I played the 41GC (on easy mode) I remember having a bunch of guards tank bdes and even one Guards Tank division who hung around for a while.

<edit> Got two Guards Tank Bde the next turn.

< Message edited by Mike13z50 -- 11/21/2011 6:04:02 PM >

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Guards Tank Bde and Mountain Div Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI