Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cool game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Unity of Command Series >> Cool game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cool game - 11/17/2011 7:43:58 PM   
PKH

I got it yesterday, and have played a couple of hours so far. I like it a lot. Feels almost like a puzzle game, since small mistakes can mean game over.

Suggestions for improvements:
- Add option to skip enemy animations, to speed things up.
- Only show reinforcement button when it's possible for the selected unit to be reinforced. Alternatively have it greyed out when no reinforcements are available for the selected unit.

Post #: 1
RE: Cool game - 11/18/2011 12:47:27 PM   
2xTom

Hello!

About the reinforcement buttons, there are a few items like that on our todo list for the update. It could be improved from a usability standpoint, certainly.

Re: skipping animations, we didn't consider this. The AI turn plays in a minute or two, depending on the size of the scenario. Our testers didn't complain at all so this is new.

Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 2
RE: Cool game - 11/18/2011 1:51:21 PM   
Noakesy

Also bought it myself today, looks a really nice game, nice smooth interface and so on. Look forward to getting into it in detail.

(in reply to 2xTom)
Post #: 3
RE: Cool game - 11/19/2011 9:56:11 PM   
PKH

A couple of suggestions for History mode:
- being able to continue playing at the current history postion would be really nice. As far as I can see, you can only continue where you left off.
- being able to quickly move to the start of the scenario without having to step through all the turns would also be good.

Another thing: The explanation for 'brilliant victory' is unclear to me. How does it differ from 'decisive victory', since you have to take all victory locations within the time limit for both.

Since Panthers are my favourite tank, I have to ask if there's any chance of getting Panther tanks instead of Stugs as attachable anti-tank for later war scenarios ?

(in reply to Noakesy)
Post #: 4
RE: Cool game - 11/20/2011 11:08:56 AM   
2xPelin

quote:

ORIGINAL: PKH

A couple of suggestions for History mode:
- being able to continue playing at the current history postion would be really nice. As far as I can see, you can only continue where you left off.
- being able to quickly move to the start of the scenario without having to step through all the turns would also be good.

Yes, you can't go in history mode, go back few turns and than continue playing from that turn. That was made to prevent "cheating" in campaign :) (you can only reload form where you left off or from beginning of scenario).
And for Single scenarios - there is save game option :)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PKH

Another thing: The explanation for 'brilliant victory' is unclear to me. How does it differ from 'decisive victory', since you have to take all victory locations within the time limit for both.

Since Panthers are my favourite tank, I have to ask if there's any chance of getting Panther tanks instead of Stugs as attachable anti-tank for later war scenarios ?

For Brilliant Victory you have to capture each objective in time (press "O" during play).
For Decisive Victory, order of capturin doesn't matter.

And regarding tanks.. We will have to wait for 2xTom to answer :)

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 5
RE: Cool game - 11/21/2011 3:10:37 AM   
schwarm

I've just played the first scenario but this looks like a game I will spend a lot of time on. To me it "ticks a lot of boxes": Nice graphics with readable map, easy to learn gameplay, scenarios historical that are manageable in size, decent AI.
Things is doesn't have (so far anyway): excess management of minutia, massive counter pushing, unrealistic fantasy scenarios, operational game over too big a time scale or size, that cripples the AI and becomes ahistorical.

This game reminds me a bit of the first Schwerpunkt game but much more user friendly. I've been waiting for an operational game like this for a while. For a person who normally hates shelling out full price for a game, I had no problem doing it for this one.

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Unity of Command Series >> Cool game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI