Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes early for strategy gamers!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes early for strategy gamers! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes e... - 11/22/2011 6:09:57 AM   
SeanD

Slitherine and Matrix Games release Panzer Corps Demo and start heavy holiday season discount event

Slitherine and Matrix Games are positively merry to announce their 2011 Holiday event!

It all starts with the release of a demo version of its critically acclaimed and award winning strategy game, Panzer Corps. The demo includes 6 missions from the Bootcamp Campaign, plus the invasion of Poland and the first few turns of the Norway scenario. The transition between the first two scenarios of the main campaign allows players to upgrade their army between scenarios and get a feel for how units improve and gain experience as they travel from battle to battle. Also packaged with the demo is a limited version of Panzer Corps’ powerful scenario editor so modders can try their hand at the near limitless possibilities for making new scenarios and campaigns!

Get the demo from these mirrors: Gamer’s Hell, Worth Playing, Atomic Gamer, Patches Scrolls.

The demo release also coincides with some jolly good news for Panzer Corps newcomers: the base game of Panzer Corps is available for 50% off the original price for the first two weeks of the sale. After two weeks Panzer Corps will jump to a still-fantastic 25% and the heavy discount will last until the end of the Christmas season.

This year’s holiday sale also expands to most of the store catalogue becoming one of the largest in company history. There are fantastic savings to be made on some of the most popular titles in the Slitherine/Matrix lineup. The sale will run from midnight EST at November 22nd until midnight January 8th and will include up to a 33% discount of all Slitherine and Matrix Games titles released during 2010 and earlier and even some released this year.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East will be included among these titles, marking the first time this epic wargaming masterpiece has had any type of discount!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All!

Please note: All prices listed here are based on the digital download version ONLY. The physical version will be priced at $10 above the digital download version.

< Message edited by SeanD -- 11/30/2011 5:54:39 PM >

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 7:28:00 AM   
Anguille

Aaahh...i just bought Tin Soldiers Alexander last week...how stupid

War in the Pacific...mmmh...
Korsun Pocket...

Many interesting games!

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 7:45:34 AM   
poop17

Great news,I'm coming

(in reply to Anguille)
Post #: 3
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 9:45:11 AM   
GreyJoy

WITPAE at 54????...wow...that is a very very good price for the greatest game of all times!

(in reply to poop17)
Post #: 4
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 12:05:44 PM   
jomni

ATG?

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 5
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 12:45:01 PM   
Gilmer

Woohoo!!!! The Holiday Sale!

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 6
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 4:56:25 PM   
blackknight1916

My cart is not showing a discount for the panzer corps download? Is there a code I need to enter?

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 7
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 5:04:07 PM   
IainMcNeil

No there are no codes needed - which item are you adding to the cart? The price you see on the product page is the price you pay. What price do you see and what did you expect?

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to blackknight1916)
Post #: 8
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 5:06:05 PM   
blackknight1916

The sale price is supposed to be $19.99 for Panzer Corps. I still see $39.99 on the product page and in my cart.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 9
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 5:08:14 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thanks for the heads up, this should be fixed now.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to blackknight1916)
Post #: 10
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 5:22:57 PM   
Grim.Reaper

In my store I also only see it for $39, not the $19.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 5:23:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

Right now? Did you add it to the cart? Sometimes the cache can make the old price show up until you actually add it to the cart. I just checked and it showed up at the correct price.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 12
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 5:27:19 PM   
Grim.Reaper

Erik,

Did it again, and product page says $39, but your right, once in the cart, it had the $19 price.

Post #: 13
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 10:35:53 PM   
Zorch

Do the sale prices only apply to Digital Download?

Post #: 14
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/22/2011 10:57:01 PM   
Erik Rutins

No, they apply to physical copies as well. The discount is based on the download price though. The physical copies are always $10 more than the download price, so if you see the discounted download prices above, add $10 and that's the discounted physical price.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 15
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 2:33:47 AM   
GaryChildress

Crap! Had I waited two more days I could have gotten War in the East for $27.

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 11/23/2011 2:34:16 AM >

Post #: 16
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 2:38:17 AM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

I did wonder while you were shopping around about which game to get, you didn't just wait two days:) For $27, I might even have bought WITE. But I understand, I am an impulse buyer too.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 17
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 2:47:01 AM   
Gilmer

quote:

People told you to wait!!

Post #: 18
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 2:47:48 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

quote:

I did wonder while you were shopping around about which game to get, you didn't just wait two days:) For $27, I might even have bought WITE. But I understand, I am an impulse buyer too.

Half impulse and half didn't think the holiday prices would be this cheap. I figured maybe $60 for WitE if it even went on sale at all. Ugh. I feel like such a dingleberry.

Post #: 19
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 2:48:51 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

quote:

Dang. Should have listened.

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 20
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 2:51:24 AM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe think of it this way...maybe the coupon code would not have been valid for games that were on sale:) Not sure if that is true, but will make you sleep better:)

Post #: 21
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 2:57:22 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe think of it this way...maybe the coupon code would not have been valid for games that were on sale:) Not sure if that is true, but will make you sleep better:)

Thanks. I'll go with that.

Post #: 22
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 2:59:13 AM   
Erik Rutins

Er... it's actually $53.99. You save $26 from the normal price, but the new price is not $26!

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 23
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 3:00:00 AM   
Gilmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Er... it's actually $53.99. You save $26 from the normal price, but the new price is not $26!

Regards,

- Erik

He had a 50% off coupon, though.

Post #: 24
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 3:40:03 AM   
jimi3

Great sale Erik!!! Finally pulled the trigger on the Battlefield Academy series. All three for $41.97 is a great deal and it looks like way more fun than a couple of cases of beer for the same price. Thanks Matrix!!!!! With my savings I can buy more beer, and some pretzels. Happy Holidays to all.

Post #: 25
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 4:34:45 AM   
dougo33

Great news on the sale

Now I will get Panzer Corps or WITE (or maybe both). Just need to convince the wife I need Christmas early

Thanks Matrix

(in reply to jimi3)
Post #: 26
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 10:43:10 AM   
Hameliac

Despite my recent regsitration i actually have purchased about 7 matrix games over the past 4 years. Not as many as a lot of regular contributors to the forum but still a substantial investment.

I am extremely annoyed at Matrix's contiued abuse of Australian customers however and will not purchase anything else until price in AUS$ matches the actual exhange rate.

For the past 6 months the Australian dollar had been at greater than parity with the American dollar, yet when i go to the store i am expected to pay more in AUS dollars than the email and forum alert sent out by Matrix...

Extremely pi%&## off at this abuse.

Regards

David

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 27
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 11:27:15 AM   
Itdepends

Bought anything from Amazon lately? It's the same there.

Daniel

P.S.- also an Aussie

(in reply to Hameliac)
Post #: 28
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 12:33:28 PM   
IainMcNeil

David this is completely outside our control. We only specify prices in $ and then the currency conversion happens. The currency conversion is out of our control and in the payment processing systems between Plimus & your credit card provider. I understand your frustration but it is an international money tranfer issue and not something we have any control over. You could try taking it up with your local bak/cerdit card omcpany but I can pretty much guarantee they wont listen.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 29
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/23/2011 1:52:51 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi David,

Our store converts the currency prices directly. We don't have separate higher prices for Australian customers. If it's off by a percentage here or there, that's because of the conversion process, which is not entirely under our control as Iain noted. There's no intent here to charge Australian customers more. I hope you understand.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes early for strategy gamers! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI