Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Heavy Sniper

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Modding >> Heavy Sniper Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Heavy Sniper - 11/22/2011 8:47:01 PM   
Napalm_Knight_49

I'd like to add/change the AT rifle teams to be a "Heavy Sniper" team, what would I need to change to make a team that's anti-personnel only?
Post #: 1
RE: Heavy Sniper - 11/23/2011 4:41:09 PM   
SteveMcClaire

First off, I would strongly recommend you make a copy of the original file(s) before changing anything, just in case. :)

I would suggest getting QClone (google for it), an older community-created utility program for editing older Close Combat data files.  The Cross of Iron files should be editable using the CC3 settings in QClone.

The file you'll need to edit for this is weapons.txt in the Close Combat III\Data\Base directory.  The columns you'll want to change are the 7th and 8th columns of data (counting the left most column - the weapon name - as 1).  You will want these to read 0 and 1 respectively (the same as for weapons like rifles).

(in reply to Napalm_Knight_49)
Post #: 2
RE: Heavy Sniper - 11/23/2011 5:47:29 PM   
Napalm_Knight_49

Ok thanks, How would I go about adding them as a separate team?

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: Heavy Sniper - 11/24/2011 7:19:58 PM   
SteveMcClaire

This is a bit more complicated -- you need to add a new entry to weapon.txt, the soldier.txt, and the RUTeams.txt.  You will definitely want a tool (like QClone) that shows you the meaning of the various data columns while doing this. I would definitely create a backup of your original weapons.txt / soldiers.txt / RUTeams.txt, so you can go back to them easily if you make a mistake.

First you need to copy the whole row for the AT rifle you want to modify in weapons.txt and add it to the end of the file, updating the weapon class for the new entry to the next highest value.  Edit this weapon so the target types are as described above.

Then you need to create a copy of the AT rifle soldier in soldiers.txt, add that to the end of the file, and update the soldier class to the next highest value.  Then update the soldier's weapon so that the weapon class that used to indicate the original AT rifle now has the value of the new entry you added to weapon.txt.

Finally you need to create a copy of the AT rifle team in RUTeams.txt, add this to the end of the file, update the team class so it is the next available value in the file, and then edit the soldier list for the team so that it indicates the soldier class of the new soldier you just added to soldier.txt, rather than the old value of the original AT rifle soldier.

(in reply to Napalm_Knight_49)
Post #: 4
RE: Heavy Sniper - 11/24/2011 7:29:01 PM   
Napalm_Knight_49

Thanks for the info

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Modding >> Heavy Sniper Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI