Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 4:16:51 PM   
SeanD

The second expansion to this highly successful series comes amidst our famed holiday sale for extra savings!

Matrix Games, Slitherine and Code Force are thrilled to announce the release of Distant Worlds – Legends. The hotly awaited second expansion to the famed 4x strategy series, Distant Worlds!

With our massive holiday sale currently going strong, now has never been a better time to jump in a starship and head to Distant Worlds. The base game is now on sale for $26.99 and its expansion Return of the Shakturi is $16.99 (both prices are for the digital download) – that means both titles are selling for 33% off until January 8th!

As an added bonus to existing Distant Worlds fans, through the duration of the holiday sale Distant Worlds – Legends will be priced at $5 off the regular price, or the same discount given to newcomers to the series who take advantage of our bundle discount. That means that anyone can receive the price reduction and buy Legends for $19.99 without having to purchase another Distant Worlds title along with it to activate the bundle discount. Note that Distant Worlds – Legends REQUIRES the full Distant Worlds game and the Return of the Shakturi expansion.

After the holiday sale and discounted pricing ends, Distant Worlds will return to its price of $39.99 Download / $49.99 Physical and Return of the Shakturi and Legends will return to their normal price of $24.99, but both expansions will also be available for $19.99 if purchased together with another Distant Worlds title as a bundle.

Distant Worlds: Legends is the highly anticipated second expansion to the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game Distant Worlds. Legends is a huge step forward which brings the Distant Worlds universe to life. A new character system includes Leaders, Admirals, Generals, Governors, Ambassadors, Scientists and Agents, each with defined abilities and traits and opportunities to advance and grow over time. Expanded gameplay for all existing races includes new race-specific events, technologies and victory conditions which create a completely different game depending on your choices. An expanded tech tree also awaits, with dedicated carriers, cutting lasers, rail guns, new planetary facilities and wonders, and much more (including a new hidden faction)!

Distant Worlds: Legends also includes a new model for borders and spheres of influence for each faction, as well as new fleet management and automation commands. The interface has been improved with additional overlays for the main galaxy map, including route indicators for all ships and fleet posture indicators, all to make it easier to keep track of activity and strategy. A new setup option allows galaxies to also be larger in map size as well as number of stars. Empire Policies have been expanded with new options and Diplomacy has been overhauled to be much more intelligent and to include mining and refueling rights. Finally, the AI has been improved in all areas and modding support has been greatly expanded to allow modders to take full advantage of all the new features.

All of this together makes Distant Worlds: Legends an essential addition to the vast, living galaxy of Distant Worlds!

Please note: Distant Worlds – Legends REQUIRES ownership of the original full Distant Worlds game and the Return of the Shakturi expansion.

Get more information on Distant Worlds – Legends from its official product page.

< Message edited by Scott Parrino -- 12/21/2012 9:59:00 PM >

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 4:21:13 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

Bought. Downloading. Happy.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 4:24:23 PM   
J HG T

Already DLing. 

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 3
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 4:35:13 PM   
bigbaba

yessss. downloading like speedy gonzales.

< Message edited by bigbaba -- 11/23/2011 4:50:38 PM >

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 4
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 4:39:41 PM   
Nedrear

I'll get it now too... with the German glitch through Vanilla though. Still that does never stop me from playing a game. I got a game were whole passages of texts went missing instead of some "Umlaute (Ä Ö Ü)" without patching two versions of language together.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 5
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 4:40:55 PM   
Malevolence

quote:

From: Matrix Games Press [mailto:press@mail.matrixgames.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:13 AM
Subject: Distant Worlds Legends Now Available!

Matrix Games News Release
For Distant Worlds

Distant Worlds Legends Now Available!
The second expansion to this highly successful series comes amidst our famed holiday sale for extra savings!
Matrix Games, Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and Code Force (www.codeforce.co.nz) are thrilled to announce the release of Distant Worlds – Legends. The hotly awaited second expansion to the famed 4x strategy series, Distant Worlds!

With our massive holiday sale currently going strong, now has never been a better time to jump in a starship and head to Distant Worlds. The base game is now on sale for $26.99 and its expansion Return of the Shakturi is $16.99 (both prices are for the digital download) – that means both titles are selling for 33% off until January 8th!
As an added bonus to existing Distant Worlds fans, through the duration of the holiday sale Distant Worlds – Legends will be priced at $5 off the regular price, or the same discount given to newcomers to the series who take advantage of our bundle discount. That means that anyone can receive the price reduction and buy Legends for $19.99 without having to purchase another Distant Worlds title along with it to activate the bundle discount. Note that Distant Worlds – Legends REQUIRES the full Distant Worlds game and the Return of the Shakturi expansion.
After the holiday sale and discounted pricing ends, Distant Worlds will return to its price of $39.99 Download / $49.99 Physical and Return of the Shakturi and Legends will return to their normal price of $24.99, but both expansions will also be available for $19.99 if purchased together with another Distant Worlds title as a bundle.
Distant Worlds: Legends is the highly anticipated second expansion to the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game Distant Worlds. Legends is a huge step forward which brings the Distant Worlds universe to life. A new character system includes Leaders, Admirals, Generals, Governors, Ambassadors, Scientists and Agents, each with defined abilities and traits and opportunities to advance and grow over time. Expanded gameplay for all existing races includes new race-specific events, technologies and victory conditions which create a completely different game depending on your choices. An expanded tech tree also awaits, with dedicated carriers, cutting lasers, rail guns, new planetary facilities and wonders, and much more (including a new hidden faction)!
Distant Worlds: Legendsalso includes a new model for borders and spheres of influence for each faction, as well as new fleet management and automation commands. The interface has been improved with additional overlays for the main galaxy map, including route indicators for all ships and fleet posture indicators, all to make it easier to keep track of activity and strategy. A new setup option allows galaxies to also be larger in map size as well as number of stars. Empire Policies have been expanded with new options and Diplomacy has been overhauled to be much more intelligent and to include mining and refueling rights. Finally, the AI has been improved in all areas and modding support has been greatly expanded to allow modders to take full advantage of all the new features.
All of this together makes Distant Worlds: Legends an essential addition to the vast, living galaxy of Distant Worlds!
Please note: Distant Worlds – Legends REQUIRES ownership of the original full Distant Worlds game and the Return of the Shakturi expansion.
Get more information on Distant Worlds – Legends from its official product page.

Distant Worlds

Discussion Forum

Linked "product page" in email (indicated by red text above" is a bad link.

"../products/415/details/Distant.Worlds.-.Legends" in email message.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 11/23/2011 5:06:37 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 6
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 4:42:22 PM   
Howard Mitchell

Downloading now

Ah well, there goes the rest of November. And December. And much of 2012 I imagine...

While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 7
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 4:42:30 PM   
Nedrear

It works fine for me. Bad browser!

Edit: Didn't see it first... you don't mean the OP Link but an E-Mail news link.

< Message edited by Nedrear -- 11/23/2011 4:43:12 PM >

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

Post #: 8
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 4:44:20 PM   
jlevans

The product page link works for me, but attempts to download fail as the server kicks me out of the checkout page back to the store. Has happened a dozen times in a row in the last 10 minutes. Server is too busy???

Post #: 9
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 4:58:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Jlevans,

There's no issue that I can see from here. Other orders are going through fine. What browser and payment method are you using? Feel free to e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com if you need help.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to jlevans)
Post #: 10
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:05:26 PM   
AlPhi

I am having the same issue as Jlevans (being kicked out of the order 'enter address' page back into the store product list page) from the UK using IE8. I assume it is just server overload and will try again later.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:07:36 PM   
Erik Rutins

That's very concerning, these are the first reports like this we've had. What payment method are you using? Have you tried a different browser? I will investigate this here as well.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to AlPhi)
Post #: 12
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:09:21 PM   
jlevans

Never get to a payment method choice. I've isolated the problem ti IE8/9 as I've successfully downloaded now using Firefox.

Post #: 13
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:12:37 PM   
Webbco

I've realised I don't have any funds in my paypal account and as I hardly ever use paypal I forgot my password so have had to reset my account. Is there any way I can purchase Legends immediately without having to wait 2-3 days for my paypal account to register?

Edit: I've figured out one solution would be to simply pay by debit card as a paypal guest

< Message edited by Webbco -- 11/23/2011 5:14:33 PM >

(in reply to AlPhi)
Post #: 14
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:14:25 PM   
Malevolence

Made a successful purchase from U.S. east coast using Firefox.

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 15
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:16:42 PM   
Webbco

Using firefox works fine for me

Post #: 16
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:21:32 PM   
tjhkkr

I managed to download it; although it kicked me out once right after purchase...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 17
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:23:35 PM   
Nedrear

Bless my old T-Online Internet Explorer 6.0. What he can't manage (bigger than 2 Gig) needs to be done by Firefox including modern HTML formats. But he never fails me.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 18
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:25:42 PM   
Malevolence

Needed to run five attempts to actually download the game from plimas server link in receipt. The download would hang about half through the download process. Completed successfully in the end.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 11/23/2011 5:26:35 PM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 19
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:29:21 PM   
Fishers of Men

I was kicked out after purchase. I went back to the product page and clicked on Order Status, then Went to the Plimus site and put in my order number. That allowed me to download the Legends file from there. I use Internet Explorer v.8.

FoM

Old............but very fast

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 20
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:33:20 PM   
Erik Rutins

Ok, we're investigating this as our highest priority. Please keep trying folks, orders are going through, apologies for the inconvenience, this is the first time we've seen an issue like this at release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 21
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:36:22 PM   
WoodMan

No problem here, bought from UK on Firefox using PayPal, no issues.

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

Post #: 22
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:40:45 PM   
Nikolaj

Is the discount for the download version only, or does the same discount apply to the physical version?

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 23
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:44:25 PM   
Erik Rutins

All our prices are based on the download version, so the discount is applied to the download version and then the physical version is always $10 more than the download price. That means the physical price is still discounted, but because of the way it is calculated, it's not the same percentage as the download price.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Nikolaj)
Post #: 24
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:47:47 PM   
Silex

i got some problem too, but seems solved,
got the key, download in progress, have a long night ;)

Post #: 25
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:47:53 PM   
Nikolaj

Alright, thanks. That sounds perfectly reasonable. :)

Post #: 26
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:52:42 PM   
machitis

Purchased via paypal using Chrome on OS X. Purchase completed no problem. Download was speedy and complete.

(in reply to Nikolaj)
Post #: 27
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 5:53:18 PM   
AlPhi

I just fixed my IE8 issue where I was being kicked out while placing a download order by disabling 'Identity Safe' secure log-in from Nortons Internet Security. With that off it all went through OK. The expansion looks just great!

(in reply to Nikolaj)
Post #: 28
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 6:02:37 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlPhi
I just fixed my IE8 issue where I was being kicked out while placing a download order by disabling 'Identity Safe' secure log-in from Nortons Internet Security. With that off it all went through OK. The expansion looks just great!

Is anyone else who experienced this issue using some kind of similar Internet Security?

AlPhi, have you purchased from our store before with this 'Identify Safe' on and if so did you ever have an issue in the past?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to AlPhi)
Post #: 29
RE: Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! - 11/23/2011 6:03:36 PM   
nammafia

Just added my contribution to the selling success of Legends.

(in reply to AlPhi)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Distant Worlds – Legends Now Available! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI