Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes early for strategy gamers!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes early for strategy gamers! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/24/2011 5:40:54 AM   
Cmdrcain

Humm mmmm wonder If i can get another credit card :)

Sigh so many I'd like to get... just not enough MMMMooooiiieee!

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 31
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/24/2011 6:27:14 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi David,

Our store converts the currency prices directly. We don't have separate higher prices for Australian customers. If it's off by a percentage here or there, that's because of the conversion process, which is not entirely under our control as Iain noted. There's no intent here to charge Australian customers more. I hope you understand.

Regards,
- Erik

AI - Wars
20.99 USD = 21.6084 AUD according to XE.com
20.99 USD = 22.99 AUD according to the Matrix/Plimus web site (and no I'm not blaming you guys)

OK - so it's only a $1.30 or 6.2% (if my maths is correct).

I know this is not Matrix games intention and maybe not even Plimus as the middle guy, but [add your most hated institution here; mine -> most likely an Ozzie bank] is skimming and getting rich from doing nought. [Pol/Soc/Econ rant could be inserted here]

... so much for the Lucky country (that's why I moved)

By the way, thanks Matrix for having the yearly sale, you don't need to do it and as a paying customer I appreciate it. With the inclusion of many new titles; it is the best one yet.

Cheers

Post #: 32
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/24/2011 10:22:54 AM   
Hameliac

Thanks for the quick responses Ian and Eric. I have watched the forums for many years and am aware of your attention to these boards. Its frustrating to see the exchange rates finally in Australia's favour and still pay more. Point taken about how things are done so no more whinging.

David

Post #: 33
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/24/2011 12:06:05 PM   
B0lkonski

I'm having a problem. Trying to buy Commander Europe at War but its coming up at the usual price - £14.99. In fact none of the games that are on offer are on offer at the store. And adding it to my cart doesn't work either. Is the sale restricted to the US?

Post #: 34
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/24/2011 1:27:55 PM   
Anguille

Just a suggestion...a direct link to the games would be great (like GOG does when they have a sale).

(in reply to Anguille)
Post #: 35
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/24/2011 3:01:07 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: B0lkonski
I'm having a problem. Trying to buy Commander Europe at War but its coming up at the usual price - £14.99. In fact none of the games that are on offer are on offer at the store. And adding it to my cart doesn't work either. Is the sale restricted to the US?

The discounted prices are in effect globally. Commander Europe at War Gold should be $20.99 for the Download version or $30.99 for the Physical version. Did you possibly read the "You Save" amount of $9 (which is 30% off Commander Europe at War Gold) as the new price?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to B0lkonski)
Post #: 36
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/24/2011 4:12:39 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

Hi David,

Our store converts the currency prices directly. We don't have separate higher prices for Australian customers. If it's off by a percentage here or there, that's because of the conversion process, which is not entirely under our control as Iain noted. There's no intent here to charge Australian customers more. I hope you understand.

Regards,
- Erik

AI - Wars
20.99 USD = 21.6084 AUD according to XE.com
20.99 USD = 22.99 AUD according to the Matrix/Plimus web site (and no I'm not blaming you guys)

OK - so it's only a $1.30 or 6.2% (if my maths is correct).

I know this is not Matrix games intention and maybe not even Plimus as the middle guy, but [add your most hated institution here; mine -> most likely an Ozzie bank] is skimming and getting rich from doing nought. [Pol/Soc/Econ rant could be inserted here]

... so much for the Lucky country (that's why I moved)

By the way, thanks Matrix for having the yearly sale, you don't need to do it and as a paying customer I appreciate it. With the inclusion of many new titles; it is the best one yet.

Cheers

It's worth noting that XE lists mid-market rates, so they are not the rate that anyone will ever actually get. The link from the little mid-market tag on the main page explains it in more detail.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 37
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/26/2011 3:22:20 PM   
pcgamer1971

No games show up with the sale price, not on main page or cart.

Post #: 38
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/26/2011 3:53:09 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi pcgamer1971,

Can you give one specific example please? They all show up at sale price for me.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to pcgamer1971)
Post #: 39
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/26/2011 6:06:12 PM   
pcgamer1971

quote:

Hi pcgamer1971,

Can you give one specific example please? They all show up at sale price for me.

Regards,

- Erik

Looking at Close Combat series.

< Message edited by pcgamer1971 -- 11/26/2011 6:19:25 PM >

Post #: 40
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/26/2011 7:32:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

Ok, for example Close Combat: Cross of Iron has a sale price of $26.99 for the Download and that's what I'm seeing in the store. What price do you see?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to pcgamer1971)
Post #: 41
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/26/2011 11:44:20 PM   
pcgamer1971

quote:

Ok, for example Close Combat: Cross of Iron has a sale price of $26.99 for the Download and that's what I'm seeing in the store. What price do you see?

Regards,

- Erik

Got it, cleared cache and history, correct prices showing up now, thanks.

Post #: 42
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/28/2011 3:26:25 AM   
innerlander

Hi,
Maybe I'm dumb, but how do you operate this Christmas Sale discount.
Example:
War in the East - which I do want.
On its Matrix page: Download: $59.99
Boxed: $70.99
In the Discounts: $53.99 - down from $79.99!!!

If I pay $53.99 - What do I get? Download or Boxed?
Please help me as I wish to purchase War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition as well - but, same problem!
A happy Christmas to all gamers.
innerlander

< Message edited by innerlander -- 11/28/2011 3:28:32 AM >

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 43
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/28/2011 3:52:00 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hello innerlander,

The sale price is always based on the download price, so when you see the price listed on the first page of this thread, that is the download price. The physical price is always $10 more than the download price, so the physical sale price should be $10 more than the discounted download price as well.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to innerlander)
Post #: 44
Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes e... - 11/29/2011 7:33:47 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

I put some Info of it on a german news portal if it's OK.

http://www.gamersglobal.de/news/45980/panzer-corps-50-rabatt-bis-6-dezember

(in reply to Cmdrcain)
Post #: 45
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 11/29/2011 9:33:30 AM   
IainMcNeil

No problem at all - please do!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 46
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 12/2/2011 9:32:54 PM   
Qwixt

For some reason all the prices in the store show up as EUR for me even though I am in the U.S. Then when I pick the download version, the cart shows up with the price higher than indicated in this post. For example, "Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge, in the product page it's showing me 32.99EUR and 40.99EUR for boxed.

Edit: Never mind, it's coming up with the right price according to the spreadsheet in first post. The EUR thing just threw me off.

< Message edited by Qwixt -- 12/2/2011 10:46:44 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 47
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 12/2/2011 11:09:43 PM   
LynnMc

Having problems.  First, some prices are coming up okay and other aren't.  Here is what is showing in my "cart"
John Tillers Campaign Series Physical with Free download:  $33.99 (that should be correct)
Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht Physical with Free: $29.99 (that should be correct)
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign 40 Physical with Free Download: $14.99 (shouldn't that be $11.99)
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign 39 Physical with Free Download: $14.99 (shouldn't that be $11.99)

Been getting "Temporary Down for Maintenance" for over a day.  Sure hope the Panzer Corps special doesn't end before "maintenance" is complete.

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 48
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 12/3/2011 1:57:15 AM   
LynnMc

Well, after searching and searching the forum I was able to get my "Temporary Down for Maintenance" question answered.  Guess I'll just phone in my order and see if the price issue gets settled.  Thanks for listening.

(in reply to LynnMc)
Post #: 49
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 12/6/2011 9:30:46 AM   
IainMcNeil

The price for the Panzer Corps Campaigns boxed editions is $14.99 so its all correct.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to LynnMc)
Post #: 50
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 12/7/2011 8:40:40 PM   
oz_boater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

David this is completely outside our control. We only specify prices in $ and then the currency conversion happens. The currency conversion is out of our control and in the payment processing systems between Plimus & your credit card provider. I understand your frustration but it is an international money tranfer issue and not something we have any control over. You could try taking it up with your local bak/cerdit card omcpany but I can pretty much guarantee they wont listen.

One saving grace is that you can now choose to pay in US dollars and take care of the conversion yourself. Now most credit cards in Oz charge a premium (2% or so) for non-Ozzie dollar transactions but there is at least one Mastercard provider I know of that does not, and has no annual fee.

I use that for all overseas transactions.

I am not sure if the posting rules allow mention of other companies here, so you can google around and find it.

In case they do allow such posts its a "28 degrees mastercard" (mods, please remove this line if inappropriate). Its from GE Money which which charges like a wounded bull if you are a day late with payment, but if you pay it off in full every time then its a great way of dealing with overseas purchases from Australia.

I have no involvement with them other than I read and article in the paper, looked into it, and got one.

Resolves all these conversion issues (its a Mastercard so the actual conversion rate is the bank-to-bank settlement rate), makes purchases from people like Matrix much less frustrating and has been well worthwhile so far.

Regards

Richard Simpson
Technical Officer, Sydney
Australian Battle Group
www.ausbg.org/sydney

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 51
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 12/16/2011 5:31:36 PM   
kentcol

Eagle Day Bombing the Reich is showing $33.99 in the cart instead of $16 sale price.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 52
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 12/16/2011 6:52:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Kent,

I think you may have read the wrong column in the first post. $33.99 is the sale price, which is $16 off the normal price of $49.99.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to kentcol)
Post #: 53
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 12/16/2011 10:23:12 PM   
kentcol

Duh! Sorry, Eric. My bad. Happy Holidays!:)

Post #: 54
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 1/9/2012 5:57:58 PM   
SeanD

Just posting a note up to say that the sale has concluded.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager

(in reply to kentcol)
Post #: 55
RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas com... - 1/12/2012 2:15:15 AM   
Gilmer

Thanks for the sale, Matrix and Slitherine! I picked up a few titles. As usual. Merry Holidays and thanks for the sale.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 56
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> RE: Holilday Sale and Panzer Corps Demo - Christmas comes early for strategy gamers! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI