Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Okay, I give

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Okay, I give Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Okay, I give - 11/29/2011 3:21:11 AM   
Yo`Ho85984

My friend and I have the game, but cannot play a remote game. We get connected, start the game, but once we end our turns we are stuck in limbo forever. A nice little error message "DPERR_PENDING" also appears. I can also still boot him for game while this is happening, and he receives the boot message.

Anything would help
Post #: 1
RE: Okay, I give - 12/7/2011 8:56:37 AM   
Gil R.

This is an issue that has been discussed earlier in this "support" forum, so you should look for some old threads. Essentially, due to some software from Microsoft that turns out to be flawed FOF doesn't work for a small percentage of players who attempt a networked game. However, there were one or two ways that helped some players to work around the problem. I don't recall specifically what they were, which is why I suggest looking for the older thread(s) in which the programmer Eric addressed the issue. Sorry about this!

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to Yo`Ho85984)
Post #: 2
RE: Okay, I give - 12/8/2011 4:48:10 AM   
Yo`Ho85984

Ty, i found it

< Message edited by Yo`Ho85984 -- 12/8/2011 4:53:38 AM >

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Okay, I give - 12/12/2011 4:08:11 AM   
Yo`Ho85984

Gil, do you think you can hit someone up and find out if the quality of the router has something to do with it? I seem to have the same connection issues with other online games that only seem to happen when we try to directly access one another as the host for a game. This is an entirely unrelated game in both type and maker. The reason I think it could be our router is because, apart from having connection issues from time to time, whenever me and my friend do try to play said other game at my house the end result is EVERYONE's disconnection and the router losing any ability to do anything until reboot. Although we do not experience the same terrible fate from forge of freedom I still believe the router to be the core cause, mainly because it is a different type of game (very pretty graphics, 3D world, etc.), and if I can have this verified to some extent by your experts then I'll know what I want for Christmas.

(in reply to Yo`Ho85984)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Okay, I give Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI