Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Character traits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Character traits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Character traits - 11/29/2011 5:56:18 AM   
ToastySandwich

My intelligence agent has 2 traits, lawful(-10% to all his skills but counter-espionnage) and sober(+10% to all his skills) yet he stays at -10% in everything. It's like sober doesn't count.I imagine they should cancel each other out. Is this a bug or am I missing something ?

< Message edited by ToastySandwich -- 11/29/2011 7:40:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Character traits - 11/29/2011 9:31:26 AM   
Okim

There are skills native to your character and those given by traits. It is possible that all of you skills were negative before getting those two traits.

Move your mouse over the portrait - it should show you some additional info.

(in reply to ToastySandwich)
Post #: 2
RE: Character traits - 11/29/2011 12:41:55 PM   
feelotraveller

It could be a bug.

I've got a leader character with Energetic (+5 to all skills) but it does not seem to be being applied. For instance he had 0% in Diplomacy skill even though I couldn't find a negative anywhere. He now has the Labour oriented trait which gives a -10 to Diplomacy and his Diplomacy skill reads -10. So either there is a -5 diplomacy skill/trait in effect which does not show in the colony screen tooltip or the Energetic bonus is not being applied.

Edit: I don't currently get a tooltip on the character screen.

Edit 2: sorry I am confusing myself - I'm pretty sure it was Obnoxious and not Labour Oriented for the -10 Diplomacy. But he had the Diplomacy skill on 0% from the beginning.

< Message edited by feelotraveller -- 11/29/2011 12:58:05 PM >

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 3
RE: Character traits - 11/29/2011 2:44:55 PM   
Haree78

I've never noticed these problems before. In fact when I had -10% to skills and +10% to skills before they cancelled each other out fine and I thought it was a bug because I couldn't find that skill in my characters list (because it was 0).
It's possible the skill of the character is negative causing the value to look like it's bugged, does it have a progress bar to levelling up the skill next to the value?

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 4
RE: Character traits - 11/29/2011 3:45:51 PM   
ToastySandwich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Haree78

I've never noticed these problems before. In fact when I had -10% to skills and +10% to skills before they cancelled each other out fine and I thought it was a bug because I couldn't find that skill in my characters list (because it was 0).
It's possible the skill of the character is negative causing the value to look like it's bugged, does it have a progress bar to levelling up the skill next to the value?

No it does not, it says from trait.
So either the character might have negatives in skills which aren't showing, or some positives aren't being applied. Either way doesn't seem right.

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 5
RE: Character traits - 11/29/2011 4:33:31 PM   
feelotraveller

Yes it has a progress bar - a bar which has not gone anywhere for ages. It is possible that it started on -5 but how would I tell? If the skill ever levels up I still won't know.

The -10 is noted specifically on the tooltip under skills (it says something like skills from skills and traits) as well as under tratis, so shouldn't the +5 and -5 also be noted? Energetic is noted for the +5 to all skills under traits but not under the skills themselves. And for a cancelation to take place there has to be a -5 skill in diplomacy which is not noted anywhere.

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 6
RE: Character traits - 11/29/2011 5:39:10 PM   
Haree78

quote:

ORIGINAL: ToastySandwich
No it does not, it says from trait.
So either the character might have negatives in skills which aren't showing, or some positives aren't being applied. Either way doesn't seem right.

Oh wait, I got it now.
One of the traits applies a modifier to all skills right? And 1 of the traits gives the inverse to specific skills?
The one that applies to all skills is meant to only apply to the skills that character has, not ones he doesn't already have so I'm guessing this might need a little tweaking.

Post #: 7
RE: Character traits - 11/29/2011 6:17:51 PM   
ToastySandwich

Thanks for the help, that might be it. I'm getting really confused to be honest. Here, easier if I just post this.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 8
RE: Character traits - 11/29/2011 6:35:47 PM   
Haree78

That doesn't look right to me, I'll highlight it to the devs but I'm sure they will read this anyway.

Post #: 9
RE: Character traits - 11/29/2011 6:47:54 PM   
ToastySandwich

Didn't look right to me either, thanks for confirming. I knew you could be trusted the moment I saw Adama's face!

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 10
RE: Character traits - 11/29/2011 7:06:40 PM   
Haree78

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Character traits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI