Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Req: Idea for newbie teaching scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Req: Idea for newbie teaching scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Req: Idea for newbie teaching scenario - 11/30/2011 3:18:25 PM   
rfrizz

Hola-

If anyone if interested in getting new players of TOAW, I have a scenario idea. Keep in mind that the more active players there are, the more customers there will be. That means more $$$ for development, bug fixes and support,

Win-win, right?

The idea is simple. How about Balanced infantry vs. infantry and nothing more. I think a company with 3 platoons for each company. Maybe even everything symmetrical.

Victory conditions could be something like capturing the opponent's city. This would be something like a middle-ages situation. Auto and semi-auto weapons would be anachronisms, but so what -- it's the concept that counts. This would be a "protect your

Soooooo... what do you think?

If something like this has been done already, please tell me where I can find it, and forgive my ignorance. THANKS!
Post #: 1
RE: Req: Idea for newbie teaching scenario - 11/30/2011 3:44:47 PM   
secadegas

quote:

ORIGINAL: rfrizz

Hola-

If anyone if interested in getting new players of TOAW, I have a scenario idea. Keep in mind that the more active players there are, the more customers there will be. That means more $$$ for development, bug fixes and support,

Win-win, right?

The idea is simple. How about Balanced infantry vs. infantry and nothing more. I think a company with 3 platoons for each company. Maybe even everything symmetrical.

Victory conditions could be something like capturing the opponent's city. This would be something like a middle-ages situation. Auto and semi-auto weapons would be anachronisms, but so what -- it's the concept that counts. This would be a "protect your

Soooooo... what do you think?

If something like this has been done already, please tell me where I can find it, and forgive my ignorance. THANKS!

TOAW isn't a tactical game. Far from it.

A 3 platoons comp. vs another 3 platoons comp. will not suit TOAW system at all, not even on a theoretical exercise.
But i can't remember any other game that can simulate - on a playable or interesting way - a single infantry company capturing a city...

TOAW is a wonderfull system on operational level simulations (sometimes, when the scenario designer is really good, it can even reach basic strategical level) and to take full advantage of it you'll have to "risk" going deeper.

And if you do it i'm sure you'll not regret...

< Message edited by Sekadegas -- 11/30/2011 11:37:01 PM >

(in reply to rfrizz)
Post #: 2
RE: Req: Idea for newbie teaching scenario - 12/1/2011 11:14:38 AM   
l0ww

I think your idea is impressive, cause TOAW has one of the most steep learning curves in the strategy games.
Simple introductory Scenarios would be great, still, In TOAW, a company vs another one is little bit too small for the smallest map that you could create in TOAW Editor. TOAW is designed mainly for operational Front line battles, so you'd better avoid to make scenario which isn't able to form the front line.
However, you can create say, 2 battalions vs 2 battalions with few artillery and Engineer units battles in an fairly small island with 2.5km hex scale and half a day turn, with platoon or company individual units if you'd like to make tactical scenarios.

(in reply to rfrizz)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Req: Idea for newbie teaching scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI