Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PayPal Disruption Question...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> PayPal Disruption Question... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/1/2011 8:24:45 PM   
Hanal

How about offering some type of pre-order for games that you are confident will be released in December, so that people who depend on PayPal for their purchases, can do so before the deadline? I know the window of opportunity is short, but it is better than nothing, especially with the Holidays approaching....

< Message edited by J P Falcon -- 12/1/2011 8:27:44 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/2/2011 12:14:11 AM   
Grim.Reaper

This does seem to be a bad time of the year in order to make this kind of switch. Although I have other means to pay if I wanted, I only typically pay with Paypal nowadays. Looks like this might have saved me a few bucks over the holidays:(

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 2
RE: PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/2/2011 1:11:21 AM   
Phatguy

Strange time for Plimus to be futzing around with Paypal........At least thats my opinion. Good thing that like GM I have other means of paying but its still very annoying...

My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 3
RE: PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/2/2011 2:56:38 AM   
poop17

I think they don't determine the time which they fix Paypal issue.
paypal will can use next year,next holiday sale

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 4
RE: PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/2/2011 3:39:15 AM   
jomni

Plimus hates PayPal (or the other way around).  Their FindMyOrder does not even have an option for PayPal.
Plus the funny foreign currency conversions. Never really liked the new Plimus arrangement.

(in reply to poop17)
Post #: 5
RE: PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/2/2011 8:17:24 PM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

Plimus hates PayPal (or the other way around).  Their FindMyOrder does not even have an option for PayPal.
Plus the funny foreign currency conversions. Never really liked the new Plimus arrangement.

Ditto, as much as people complained about DR I never had any problem and the transaction "felt" right. Not so with Plimus.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 6
RE: PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/2/2011 8:49:23 PM   
bairdlander2

Never had a problem with Digital River.Its also handy their call center is in the PI if any problems just get my wife to talk to them in tagalog

< Message edited by bairdlander -- 12/2/2011 8:50:09 PM >

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 7
RE: PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/2/2011 10:29:31 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We are obviously disappointed about this. We can't offer pre-orders at this time. If you were planning to purchase with PayPal, your best bet is to get your purchase in before December 9th or wait until January, or just use a credit card or other payment method (we accept orders by phone if you're more comfortable with that).

Hopefully when the new system is in place, we will also be able to allow order lookup based on PayPal ID, so there may be a silver lining.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 8
RE: PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/2/2011 11:29:47 PM   
LynnMc

Erik,
In the above note you wrote, "we accept orders by phone if you're more comfortable with that." Okay, call me stupid.  I admit it.  But I can't find a phone number anywhere on your website to call to place an order.

Signed
"Stupid"

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/2/2011 11:53:02 PM   
Hanal

quote:

ORIGINAL: LynnMc

Erik,
In the above note you wrote, "we accept orders by phone if you're more comfortable with that." Okay, call me stupid.  I admit it.  But I can't find a phone number anywhere on your website to call to place an order.

Signed
"Stupid"

When you place an order and select phone option, you will be provided with a number... see the link below...

http://home.plimus.com/ecommerce/shoppers/phone-orders

(in reply to LynnMc)
Post #: 10
RE: PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/3/2011 12:35:55 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We are obviously disappointed about this. We can't offer pre-orders at this time. If you were planning to purchase with PayPal, your best bet is to get your purchase in before December 9th or wait until January, or just use a credit card or other payment method (we accept orders by phone if you're more comfortable with that).

Hopefully when the new system is in place, we will also be able to allow order lookup based on PayPal ID, so there may be a silver lining.

Regards,

- Erik

You just get the games out Sir, and we'll find a way to purchase them. I'm merely a paying customer but, in my book your company is top notch and a great example for all others. Honesty and integrity are good traits.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: PayPal Disruption Question... - 12/3/2011 1:52:14 AM   
LynnMc

Thanks Falcon. After a few tries I got the number.  Unfortunately, $3 processing fee for manual orders.  Maybe they'll wave that because all this is their fault. Yeah right.  We're talking $$.  We'll see what happens when I call them.

Signed,
Still stupid but as much as before

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> PayPal Disruption Question... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI