Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multi Multi PBEM ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Multi Multi PBEM ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multi Multi PBEM ? - 12/2/2011 6:41:44 PM   
UdiHrant

Just getting into this beautiful game. Is there any reason I could not play this game with a group of friends via email - I mean more then 2?

Suppose one guy played the Reds and another played the German forces and a third played the Rumanian/Italian or some other logical seperation of armies. Could we pass the email save from person to person as the entered their orders?

This would break the size of the envolvement down to a more managable scale while retaining the grand beauty of the game...
Post #: 1
RE: Multi Multi PBEM ? - 12/2/2011 7:03:29 PM   
Blubel

You can do that. You can do your moves, save the game and then send it to the next guy on your team. The last guy gets to push the "end turn" button. I would however recommend to seperate the army groups. The guy playing only the Rumanians wouldn't have to much fun...

(in reply to UdiHrant)
Post #: 2
RE: Multi Multi PBEM ? - 12/7/2011 9:07:52 PM   
UdiHrant

I thought of that too - like maybe one team member plays Paulus and the 6th Army or whatever. But if we do 'pass the save file around' can each team member get some sort of 'action report' to see everything that happened last week?

(in reply to Blubel)
Post #: 3
RE: Multi Multi PBEM ? - 12/7/2011 9:32:28 PM   
Tarhunnas

There are a couple of team games going, one is here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2728540

It works fine, and is great fun, but I would say an army group is about the optimum force size for each player.

(in reply to UdiHrant)
Post #: 4
RE: Multi Multi PBEM ? - 12/7/2011 10:04:50 PM   
TulliusDetritus

I only can afford one PBEM game (+ a weird game vs Northern Star that we started in june... I am currently waiting for turn 4 ), but I am really thinking about such a game. Still, the ideal thing: 1 player per front + the Stavka clownish boss. It has to be real fun

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 5
RE: Multi Multi PBEM ? - 12/7/2011 10:10:04 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Or at least 1 player for each two fronts: Leningrad-Volkhov; Northwest-Kalinin; Western-Bryansk; Southwest-South.

The Stavka boss might take care of the fight in Crimea, etc.

That makes 5 players. Sloppiness should be encouraged, to see who makes the biggest catastrophic mistake though

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Multi Multi PBEM ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI