Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Great to be back!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Great to be back! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Great to be back! - 1/10/2001 1:28:00 AM   
LeibstandartePzD

Well I have finally returned home again. My time in the Army is rapidly drawling to a close. I'm impressed by all the changes and additions to the game since I left. Also glad to see the boards as active as ever. I'll be using this name from now on as somehow a problem developed with my old name. I hope all of you are well and I look forward to taking a more active part in the boards once again. On another note I'll have my hands full trying all these new/remade scenarios and campaigns. Especially Wild Bill's famously tricky campaigns. Talk to you all soon and I hope the New Year has been kind to you all thus far. ------------------ Former member of the 8th US cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker. Former name on these boards was Leibstandarte.

Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto
Former member of the 8th US Cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech
Post #: 1
- 1/10/2001 1:40:00 AM   
Grumble

Welcome back, Schones Neu Jahr. It sucks to be deployed over the holidays; I hope you stepped from the jet in time for at least a belated Christmas with the family.

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to LeibstandartePzD)
Post #: 2
- 1/10/2001 1:42:00 AM   
BlitzSS

Welcome home tanker. WB sure has gotten nasty in his old age. I just finsihed the 1st scen in Utah to the Rhine. Although I got a decisive victory I fear my fate; having had to spend too much repairing my core units.

"Nuts"

Post #: 3
- 1/10/2001 1:47:00 AM   
Warhorse

Welcome back, glad to see you made it ok!! How's everthing? ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 4
- 1/10/2001 1:50:00 AM   
Tankhead

Nice to have you back and hope everything is fine with you. So many new thing going on you will be a busy man trying to catch up Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead__1.tripod.com Squid "Unix" use the URL below. http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1

Tankhead

Post #: 5
- 1/10/2001 2:22:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Well, well, the Warrior has returned. We're delighted to have you back among us, Troop! Jump right in. We're just as crazy as ever Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 6
- 1/10/2001 3:11:00 AM   
LeibstandartePzD

Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen. To Blitz, hang in there, you ain't seen nothing yet. AS for me everything is going well. I'm due for discharge soon and accepted an offer for a company in NW Indiana. It will break my heart to leave the Army, but it's time I put more thought into what's best for my family. Besides I'd like to become more activly involved with Matrix and it's game. Even if that only means offering suggestions on the boards. Finally I'll be able to devote the time to finishing all the scenarios I've thought of as well as a campaign I've been story-boarding for quite some time. I pose a question to you all. I want to do a campaign centered around the Leibstandarte. Would in your opinion it be best to concentrate on one specific campaign (i.e. Kursk) or better to do the whole war? I'd want the same amount of detail in both so I guess it boils down to time. If in your opinion a full war campaign would be best how many battles should I limit it to and how many am I limited to with the game? Well that's all for now, I'm sure I'll have questions later. Thanks gentlemen for your insite on this. ------------------ Former member of the 8th US cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker. Former name on these boards was Leibstandarte.

Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto
Former member of the 8th US Cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech

Post #: 7
- 1/10/2001 4:17:00 AM   
Don Doom

Welcome Home. Glad you made it Home safe, now go see a doctor about radiation you might have pick up while over there, that has been in the news on the BBC and some us news stations. To do a campaign[see I learn how to spell it]on the ist SS panzer Div. would be interesting, seeing as how the division, was in almost every theater of the war eccept, North africa. You could start with poland or france then the balkans, then some in russia, then some with D_Day to bulge then finish in russia. Just a thought. Don

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

Post #: 8
- 1/10/2001 4:36:00 AM   
BlitzSS

quote:

Originally posted by LeibstandartePzD: Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen. To Blitz, hang in there, you ain't seen nothing yet. AS for me everything is going well. I'm due for discharge soon and accepted an offer for a company in NW Indiana.
NW Indiana??? Isn't that the South Side of Chicago! Atleast the cost of living is resonable, but you might want to wait until this winter is over. Best of luck and I'm sure we'll all be awaiting to hear how you're transisting. One thing for sure it sounds like you're a Matrix lifer.

"Nuts"

Post #: 9
- 1/10/2001 12:52:00 PM   
Randy

LeibstandartePzD, welcome home and job well done. Glad to see you're home safely. Once again thanks for serving our nation!! Semper Fi randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 10
- 1/10/2001 1:17:00 PM   
mogami

Hey Leib how are you. Something you should know first off, while you were away I staged a coup and took over the reins of power here at matrixgames. Now all posters must first send a check or money order to me before posting. The good news it's only 19.95 per post. The money is to be used for beer and motorcycle parts.... I mean developing new games and such. Welcome back ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction! [This message has been edited by Mogami (edited January 10, 2001).]

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Post #: 11
- 1/11/2001 7:12:00 AM   
Wild Bill

A long one is quite demanding, Troop! You might want to try a different smaller one first to get the feel of how campaigns go together. Then tackle the big one. I'll tell you now, doing Utah to the Rhine was the biggest single design effort I ever did and it took me nearly 3 months to complete it. Of course it was worth it, but it WAS a lot of work. Good luck with your project, Jason...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Great to be back! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI