Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/11/2011 12:19:56 AM   
HintJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: popllt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

The current list:

19. A command system that is bit more straight forward when one wants give individual orders.

Hi! MR

I strongly recommend "A command system that can give individual orders".

I played "Operation Spring Awakening (1) March 9, 1945- hungary" just now. My platoon sneaked into the villiage for scouting. The leader squad mounted into the house first, and I wanted another squad far away to rush into the house. But first I must give RUSH ORDER to the leader squad which had mounted into the house, then the other squads could RUSH.

The current command system is "the squad act what the leader is acting", but sometimes the squads need the action themselves independently.

Thanks!

I'm playing a random campaign using dazoline II's mod that allows for easy use of custom units. In the campaign, I have each unit as an separate platoon. By doing this, I have full order menus available in each turn for each unit, and I have no need for a reaction phase, as I play at 40:0 turn structure. I've also played a 60 second turn game for more of a CMBB feel.

It worked great!

I also removed all the "1/2/1-2" style naming and gave each unit a unique common name. For example, my three halftracks have the names of famous preachers: I have "Oral Roberts," "Jimmy Swaggart," and "Robert Tilton" commanding them. This makes the message box very personal and immediately relevant. It is also more fun, especially if Oral Roberts achieves veteran driving status or if Robert Tilton earns a War Merit Badge.

I must say that this campaign so far has been the most deeply satisfying experience playing PC, of any version.

But I seriously want the command view back for buttoned tanks!

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower

(in reply to popllt)
Post #: 301
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/15/2011 7:08:05 AM   
Ratzki

I think I would like to see the gun penetration to be represented by mm at a range chart like in CMx1 or with a circular chart where you can scroll through and select your target tank and have the penetration data represented. Something like what Mobius posted way back in the STuG thread. I find that what is shown now takes away from the immersion factor of the game. Might be nice to have a button so that when you have one of your own guns/tanks selected and you hover over the target you would bring up this chart.

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 302
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/18/2011 7:43:08 PM   
7thcav

I would like to have the ability to restrict visibility height when creating a pbm , such as locking it to the commanders view. This I believe would add considerably to the challenge and realism of pbm battles. I realize a lot of folks won't like that idea but I believe ( hopefully )some will.

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 303
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/19/2011 1:26:16 AM   
bairdlander2

One thing that drives me nuts is the mini map doesnt move right with the camera.

(in reply to 7thcav)
Post #: 304
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/19/2011 2:56:22 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

One thing that drives me nuts is the mini map doesnt move right with the camera.

the mini-map is fixed with north to the top. this way the random battle briefings have a point of reference. the camera cone should follow the cam view reasonably close. though I think it was reported that it can be slightly off.

thanks
rick

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 305
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/29/2011 5:10:18 PM   
Owl

Wish list addition (if it's not already in here someplace)

Ability to click on spotted enemy unit and have some indication of what friendly units are can see it.
When I click on one of my units, only enemy units it can see appear on the map. I would like a toggle or something so that if I click on an enemy unit, only units on my side that are in visual contact appear (or some other way to see who sees what).

(.) (.)

...V...

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 306
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/29/2011 6:57:29 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Owl

Wish list addition (if it's not already in here someplace)

Ability to click on spotted enemy unit and have some indication of what friendly units are can see it.
When I click on one of my units, only enemy units it can see appear on the map. I would like a toggle or something so that if I click on an enemy unit, only units on my side that are in visual contact appear (or some other way to see who sees what).

That' a popular wish. I wanted as far back a PCK.

(in reply to Owl)
Post #: 307
... - 6/29/2011 8:00:38 PM   
LeadMeister

< Message edited by LeadMeister -- 7/13/2011 5:55:44 AM >

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 308
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/29/2011 8:29:03 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: LeadMeister
.. this one particular missing feature "transport AT/Infantry guns" is a game stopper for him.
This is on some to-do list, but I'm not sure which one.
Towing AT guns into postion and setup would be nice but it isn't in every show.

(in reply to LeadMeister)
Post #: 309
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/30/2011 2:39:33 AM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: LeadMeister
I'm trying to convince my brother to get PCO so we can do some PBEM'ing. He's hardcore Combat Mission, and this one particular missing feature "transport AT/Infantry guns" is a game stopper for him. Sure hope it's included on the "to-do" list.

Tell him to just try the demo and then decide. If you look at the % of time in combat that an AT gun was moved, vs the % of times they weren't, I don't see the big deal. Of course, I'd like to move them too.

The main issue with them, for me, is campaigns.

Towing guns is on the list to be fixed but I wouldn't consider it even a speed bump let alone a deal breaker.

To each his own.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 6/30/2011 2:40:16 AM >

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to LeadMeister)
Post #: 310
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/30/2011 7:03:43 PM   
sztartur2

It would be much better if the infantry would enter buildings automatically (like CM)instead of mount/enter. Same for trenches/foxholes/vehicles.

One example. Yous squad is in a position that is very close to the house but cannot enter yet. Withinn 10 seconds they could enter automatically to cover.But no it ha s to pass another 40 seconds and during that the quad is mowed down after reaching the entry point and staying put. It is also not possible to enter a house from one direction and exit from another. something very basic in urban warfare!!! this is very painful as it is now...

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 311
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/30/2011 9:47:28 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: sztartur

It would be much better if the infantry would enter buildings automatically (like CM)instead of mount/enter. Same for trenches/foxholes/vehicles.

One example. Yous squad is in a position that is very close to the house but cannot enter yet. Withinn 10 seconds they could enter automatically to cover.But no it ha s to pass another 40 seconds and during that the quad is mowed down after reaching the entry point and staying put. It is also not possible to enter a house from one direction and exit from another. something very basic in urban warfare!!! this is very painful as it is now...

You can order your units to move and mount. if it moves close enough to the building, it will mount automatically.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 312
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 6/30/2011 11:16:55 PM   
HintJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

You can order your units to move and mount. if it moves close enough to the building, it will mount automatically.

Thanks
rick

Sometimes they do; sometimes they don't.

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 313
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 7/1/2011 4:42:09 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: HintJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

Thanks
rick

Sometimes they do; sometimes they don't.

I'm not sure what you mean HintJ. You should be able to plot a movement and if the movement path ends on a building the rubberband should turn pink. When the unit executes the movement, it should automatically mount when it reaches the building, unless the building is already occupied up to it's capacity.

Is that not happening?

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 314
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 7/1/2011 4:27:30 PM   
sztartur2

What I experienced is that they dod not. they stood there in the open. I might have to try it some more times.

The proble of entering one side and leaving at the other still exists. I am also an airsoft player and in "urban" scenarios we often enter/exit through the windows...

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 315
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 7/1/2011 5:10:27 PM   
rickier65

quote:

The proble of entering one side and leaving at the other still exists. I am also an airsoft player and in "urban" scenarios we often enter/exit through the windows...

Yes, that is one issue we will need to look at in future releases. There are a number of issues to be looked at when we work toward more combat in urbanized areas.

If you have a saved game where the unit doesn't enter the building please upload and we can take a look.

thanks
rick

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 316
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 7/1/2011 6:50:04 PM   
Mobius

quote:

Yeah, I can see someday that if you press dismount for a unit you would get a rubber band to string out from the house position to the direction you want to dismount. Seems do-able.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 317
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 7/1/2011 9:22:49 PM   
sztartur2

Why not just enter/exit automatically like in CM?

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 318
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 7/1/2011 9:51:40 PM   
Mobius

quote:

Why not just enter/exit automatically like in CM?
I don't know what that is. Is it unlimited occupancy?

panzer

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 319
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 7/1/2011 10:29:17 PM   
sztartur2

No. You just make a new go/run/crawl whatever moving order into a building and the squad automatically enters. Same with exit. You just set the squad to go somewhere and they exit the building in the shortest path to the destination.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 320
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 7/2/2011 12:50:53 AM   
Mobius

quote:

No. You just make a new go/run/crawl whatever moving order into a building and the squad automatically enters. Same with exit. You just set the squad to go somewhere and they exit the building in the shortest path to the destination.
There's a big difference in just being inside a building and being in a position to defend from it. You can stack people in there like sardines but it doesn't do the defense of the position any good. Mounting gets men into defense positions.

But it would be good to unmount in different directions.

panzer

(in reply to sztartur2)
Post #: 321
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 7/2/2011 3:33:29 PM   
Mad Russian

It would also be good, if you were assaulting, to forgo the stacking limits. As you said, men can be stacked in a building like sardines and attackers are more worried about numbers than they are good defensive firing positions.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 322
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 11/1/2011 8:46:50 PM   
dazoline II

Bump and can we sticky this?

Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 323
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 12/2/2011 11:38:43 AM   
Jafele

This is my favourite game (specially now with a new computer . However, a few small changes can improve the playing experience:

1-it would be good to show an explanation of the special abilities (by medals) of an unit passing the cursor over it or in unit specifications. In this way we don´t need to consult the manual during a battle.

2-The "Boot Camp" 1st scenario is pretty hard for a beguinner IMHO. This is one of the first games everyone play, because of this some people could have a bad impression of PCO.

3-The orders Engage-hold=Defend stay and Engage-Facing=Defend-Facing are the same. It can be simplified.

4-A right click on an unit should be possible to show the orders menu.

Thanks

(in reply to dazoline II)
Post #: 324
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 12/2/2011 2:54:05 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele
3-The orders Engage-hold=Defend stay and Engage-Facing=Defend-Facing are the same. It can be simplified.
Not exactly. With Engage you get egg-roll. With Engage you can order that unit and the others in the unit to move further or engage selected targets. With Defend other units can move, but slower and cannot choose their own targests. There is more of a difference in these two orders for Soviets than Germans because changing base orders causes the Soviets to delay a half phase.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 325
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 12/2/2011 5:00:57 PM   
rickier65

quote:

This is my favourite game (specially now with a new computer . However, a few small changes can improve the playing experience:

1-it would be good to show an explanation of the special abilities (by medals) of an unit passing the cursor over it or in unit specifications. In this way we don´t need to consult the manual during a battle.

We're glad you're enjoying this game. we like it too. I agree this would be good information. I still have to dig out the manual and read these too. adding this info when cursoring over the medal would be a good addition.

quote:

4-A right click on an unit should be possible to show the orders menu.

Thanks

if the unit is selected already, a right click will bring up the orders menu. But you're right, if the unit isn't selected the right click does not select the unit. In the back of my mind, I thought there was a reason for this, the unit not getting selected with a right click, but I don't recall what that reason was right now. But if you do select a unit (for example in the HUD at bottom, or using the NEXT UNIT key, then a right click will bring up the orders.

It's been a little quiet here, but the team is still working on making some improvements for the next patch.

Thanks!
rick

< Message edited by Rick -- 12/2/2011 5:01:19 PM >

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 326
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 12/2/2011 8:48:33 PM   
Jafele

Another interesting addition would be to show the type of terrain were a selected unit is located. I know you can do it with LOS or key 5, but a small symbol (wood, light forest, etc) close to the unit description would be faster and useful in some circumstances.

At the moment it´s not possible to make random maps, though I still remember the old times when I used to play quick battles with ramdom maps in CMX1. Every game was totally different . You know what I mean. Maybe one day in the future... Who knows. That´s something I will always miss.

Happy to know you´re making some improvements . Personally I consider the graphics are good enough. The game is close to perfection: needs small changes and specially more maps.

Thanks

Javier

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 327
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 12/3/2011 12:28:26 AM   
junk2drive

There are HUD symbols, the tree and house.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 328
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 12/3/2011 10:18:39 AM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

There are HUD symbols, the tree and house.

I know. But I mean one different for every specific type of terrain: Light woods, heavy woods, brush, etc.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 329
RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game - 12/3/2011 6:19:03 PM   
ruixilyy

Is it possible that someone add an opening video for PCO?

(in reply to TheRockSal)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Ok WISHLIST TIME after seeing & playing game Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI