Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World Annihilator

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> World Annihilator Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World Annihilator - 12/7/2011 3:38:34 AM   
balto

I repaired it at and sort of did not use it for a long time. I just hid it in my fleet. I saw that it had like 30+K firepower. I finally decided to attack the capital of the Roteans, I have never really been aggressive before in DW, I usually win by the victory conditions.

Anyway, the capital was loaded with defense platforms and my supporting fleet was massive, I think I had like 15 size 800 destroyers.., well, in about 30 seconds, the World Annilihilator hit its Area Weapon, blew every ship and Port (including my fleet) then vaporized the planet!!! Holy crap, did anybody know it could do that!!!

Everyone is pissed at me, but I do not care. When I get time to start up DW again, I am just going to fly around and blow everyone's capital up for the heck of it.

< Message edited by balto -- 12/7/2011 3:39:37 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: World Annihilator - 12/7/2011 4:17:01 AM   
Warspite3

World Annihilator?? Awesome! I never even knew they had anything like that in DW

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 2
RE: World Annihilator - 12/7/2011 4:49:53 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

lol, did you think the name was just for show? That sucker's NASTY!

However, it comes with a rep hit. Use carefully.

(in reply to Warspite3)
Post #: 3
RE: World Annihilator - 12/7/2011 11:36:09 AM   
jezwhywhy

in my epic 20hr game i have 2 world annihilators, found both the sites around the same time put 2 of my strongest fleets around them. [I still cant build them at my stations tho]  i autosaved and destroyed one of my mutual pact war enemies blew up there homeplanet  epic moment going through their stations and fleets to get to their planet    totally crippled them they never recovered. but I felt bad and went to a previous save this time i crippled them the honest way.      

I was playing on plentiful, settings i want to change me next game a bit more slower paced and change the galaxy settings (only thing i had on auto was troop management after i fowled up never doing it for first 10hrs, but i wasnt really play a war race)

< Message edited by jezwhywhy -- 12/7/2011 11:37:01 AM >

---;@

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 4
RE: World Annihilator - 12/7/2011 12:46:52 PM   
ehsumrell1

Just a comment....
I wonder, now that characters are in the game, what would happen if one
'retired' a World Destroyer at their nearest starbase for a research bonus?

I'd BETTER get a Stephen Hawking type Ultra-Genius scientist or something!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to jezwhywhy)
Post #: 5
RE: World Annihilator - 12/7/2011 7:21:35 PM   
martok

^  Ha!  That would be awesome. 

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 6
RE: World Annihilator - 12/7/2011 9:06:19 PM   
balto

As far as turning the World Annihilator in for Research, I might try that to see, but then again, I turn ALL of my alien ships into research (in fairness to the AI) and they take a long time to convert. The World Annihilator is the only Alien spacecraft I kept because I wanted to see what it could do., well, I guess I figured that out.

In that same scenario, I think I kicked the Legendary Pirate fleet, I think. And I think I got lots of research in many categories from that. Not sure, as you know, some things happen in DW and you cannot really figure it out because a lot of this is not written.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 7
RE: World Annihilator - 12/7/2011 9:10:52 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto
Blew every ship and Port (including my fleet) then vaporized the planet!!! Holy %$#@

Well, that is a little hard on the troops when you blow the snot out of your own fleet...
There is an old saying from Republic Commando: Friendly fire is a contradiction in terms...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 8
RE: World Annihilator - 12/7/2011 9:12:27 PM   
tjhkkr

I'd BETTER get a Stephen Hawking type Ultra-Genius scientist or something!
Or a boost in diplomacy for dismantling a superweapon!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> World Annihilator Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI