Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Legendary Pirate Madness!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Legendary Pirate Madness! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/10/2011 11:49:57 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

Okay, so I've had over ten.. TEN legendary pirate groups show up in my colossal game. Could this be a result of constantly paying pirates off (yet not allying with them)? Or is it simply expected to happen on a big enough and rich enough map?
Post #: 1
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 12:06:22 AM   
Nedrear

They are an event... did you like more plagues and financial crisis' rather than legendary pirate?

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 2
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 12:07:59 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

They are an event... did you like more plagues and financial crisis' rather than legendary pirate?

I'm not complaining. By the time they started showing up in droves, the galaxy was strong enough to handle it. I just want to know if there are additional factors in their appearance: Do they spawn from old Pirate Groups who have become rich enough? Do they randomly appear? Are they affected by the total wealth of the empires in the galaxy? ect.

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 3
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 12:15:34 AM   
Erik Rutins

It might be worth taking a look if you can upload a save file to make sure they are appearing as intended.

For me the most challenging one was a single Legendary Pirate Group showing up in the early game at the same time as the Silvermist and with the effect the Legendary Pirates can have on the other pirates, they became very powerful indeed.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 4
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 12:17:55 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

It might be worth taking a look if you can upload a save file to make sure they are appearing as intended.

For me the most challenging one was a single Legendary Pirate Group showing up in the early game at the same time as the Silvermist and with the effect the Legendary Pirates can have on the other pirates, they became very powerful indeed.

Regards,

- Erik

Yeah, there were a few challenging ones in the earlier years. At this point in the game they're just free tech, though. I'll upload that save, so you can see if its working as intended!

But while we're on the subject, are they random or are there other factors? Or is it a secret? :p

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 12:32:59 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

So uh, this is embarassing... I cannot find the AppData folder. I see Users. I see my User name (So, User/Sam/AppData/ect... is what I'm trying to find) but none of the DW-related stuff is there. I go in game, I load it up, I *see* that the folder-tree exists, and then can't find it at the specified location.

This MUST be a Windows issue. If someone could tell me what setting I need to turn off or on so that Windows 7 will stop playing mindgames with me, I'd be much obliged.

Post #: 6
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 12:57:28 AM   
Nedrear

The AppData Folder is part of the hidden structure of windows, yes. I did never understand why DW saves there. Just enable the show of hidden objects and go in there followed up by /roaming/CodeForce etc.

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

Post #: 7
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 12:58:12 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

The AppData Folder is part of the hidden structure of windows, yes. I did never understand why DW saves there. Just enable the show of hidden objects and go in there followed up by /roaming/CodeForce etc.

How do I do that? I remember it was very easy in Windows XP, but this new rig has Windows 7.

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 8
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 1:01:16 AM   
Nedrear

Windows 7 is more simple. Just open your hardrive, click a folder - don't open it - and go in the top line of the window on organize.
There you take folder and search options and switch in the second sub menu. In this list there should be hidden folders and data to be unselected.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Nedrear -- 12/11/2011 1:04:08 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 1:03:59 AM   
Neotheone

I did it from Control Panel, Folder options Gelly. There's a tick box or circle rather that you check to "Show Hidden Files" and then in every folder all those hidden files will show up.

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 10
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 1:04:47 AM   
Nedrear

Neo yours seems ot be the old XP way. It does NOT apply for Windows 7!

(in reply to Neotheone)
Post #: 11
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 1:06:58 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

Thanks both of you! Yes, Neothene that was the method for windows XP. Thanks Nedrear for showing me that, I should be able to upload that save now.

Erik: The Save shows three legendary pirate bases currently in the galaxy, and I have previously destroyed 3 myself. The AI has destroyed several in places that were too far away for me to care about, as well. Savename should be BigWekkarusMARATHON.dwg, uploading now.

*Actually, after finding a very convoluted way of doing it kind of like Nedrear said, it turned out that Neothene's method also works. My dog, bad.

< Message edited by Gelatinous Cube -- 12/11/2011 1:14:28 AM >

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 12
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 1:13:04 AM   
cookie monster

to show the save games either load the game and open the load dialog box or search you computer files for a .dwg file, it finds the saves real quick.

Post #: 13
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 1:28:30 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

Also, can people download from that FTP Server? If so, that savegame is the same one I'm using for my Fleet Posture guide, and might be really helpful for people who want to take a peak. BigLongWekkarusMARATHON.dwg is what it is.

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 14
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 1:39:51 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gelatinous Cube
Okay, so I've had over ten.. TEN legendary pirate groups show up in my colossal game. Could this be a result of constantly paying pirates off (yet not allying with them)? Or is it simply expected to happen on a big enough and rich enough map?

I have yet to start playing since I am modding so much... but it sounds like I will need a MASSIVE CRASH ship building program the moment I start the game... WOW!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Post #: 15
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 1:46:59 AM   
Nedrear

In contrast to your claim Cube, my Windows 7 got no folder options in it's main control panel reached through the start up menu. Maybe you got another version between Home Premium and Deluxe... otherwise it would have been much easier to find it the first time.

Edit:

I take it back and call windows the most idiotic programmer house in the world. To see it you need to switch from category into the detailed view in the upper right corner. Seriously ALL ways of sorting should show it.

< Message edited by Nedrear -- 12/11/2011 1:50:14 AM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 16
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 1:55:41 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gelatinous Cube

I have yet to start playing since I am modding so much... but it sounds like I will need a MASSIVE CRASH ship building program the moment I start the game... WOW!

No, not too much more than usual. I find that one big strong fleet assault on their pirate base is the best way to deal with them. Also, sometimes you get their ships.. and they are powerful. Also, destroying the bases yeilds massive tech. I got all the phaser tech except for 2 from destroying three bases.

This is all on a very, very big game with 19 empires and abundant colonies. I haven't seen anything remotely like it on other settings, which is why I ask.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 17
RE: Legendary Pirate Madness! - 12/11/2011 3:02:07 AM   
Fideach

You can just go to start menu, click on run, type in: %appdata%

Which should open up your AppData\Roaming folder on your computer.

Saves are located in:
Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\Distant Worlds\1.7.0.#

Saves will be in whatever folder for the version you are currently playing in the SavedGames folder.

At least that is how I get to it, if it helps anyone.

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Legendary Pirate Madness! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI