Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix games are worth supporting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Matrix games are worth supporting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/13/2011 11:19:29 AM   
wozza

I haven't played DW for awhile due to other commitments however i plan to play it soon. I also have purchased the box version of Legends.

Though i might not be playing the game right now but i always like to support Matrix and the developers. And the reason why i support Matrix and other companies like them they treat you like a customer this is something that is lacking from the big gaming companies like EA, 2K, and activision Blizzard who make flash bang games but don't treat you like a customer or don't offer you support or make you jump through hoops with there wasteful DRM so you can play the game. No hassle gaming no Steam and no activations from Matrix.

I will continue to support Matrix in the future.
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/13/2011 11:22:50 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

I concur.

(in reply to wozza)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/13/2011 11:25:52 AM   
J HG T

We concur.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/13/2011 1:48:29 PM   
mbar

I concur vehemently!!

One thing you notice when you're done playing a matrix game is how much fun you had learning how to PLAY the game. I don't very often need to learn how to install the game, activate the game, or get the game running.

DW got me here but Matrix games keeps me here.

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/13/2011 2:41:55 PM   
Bison36

Yes. And then you wake up one day and realize that you have purchased half of their game catalogue. Next you realize that you do not have enough time to play them all in this lifetime. Great company. Great support. Great community.

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/13/2011 3:43:09 PM   
Grotius

I concur.

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/13/2011 9:41:14 PM   
Manzikert

I have been very happy with all of my Matrix games purchases, which is not something I can say for many other places.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/13/2011 11:58:50 PM   
StarWolf

Amen!

(in reply to Manzikert)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 3:01:45 AM   
the1sean

Great products, amazing support and updates, and a real connection with the community combine to produce a stellar gaming experience. Thanks again!

(in reply to StarWolf)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 3:12:25 AM   
jomni

Great company despite my gripes about the new distribution system and website features / limitations.

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 3:14:57 AM   
tjhkkr

I have never seen customer service like this... that is the amazing part of this company.
I would be curious to know how many employees are actually a part of Matrix.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 6:15:11 AM   
HectorOfTroy

I concur with the above concurments made by other fine and distingushed members of the forum.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 6:31:14 AM   
wozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I have never seen customer service like this... that is the amazing part of this company.
I would be curious to know how many employees are actually a part of Matrix.

The way the developers and Matrix interact with users on the forums is second to none. Also the support is fantastic with the devs listening the users what should be put into patches. One thing you never have to beg for patches and they come out fairly quickly and with the big gaming companies you will be lucky if you even get a patch and if you do it will take them months to do it.

I would be interested to know what the piracy rate is on Matrix compared to the big gaming companies i imagine it would be pretty low. There are all sorts of reasons why we have piracy including the DRM. Because Matrix look after there customers and make good games and no DRM i think the Piracy would be a lot lower.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 7:20:23 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

Only from Pirates who don't do it for a living. The vast majority of pirates aren't gamers just looking to get a free game, but instead they're people who make a living selling these pirated games. If you're ever travelling in the middle east, you can see TONS of pirated movies and video games in every shop, dirt cheap.

(in reply to wozza)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 8:34:17 AM   
adecoy95

i would totally support distant worlds right now if they accepted paypal atm, but they dont.

i wish they used steam, using your own system is cool and all, but your companies bank suddenly rejecting paypal during the holiday season with almost no notice? that is downright destructive.

< Message edited by adecoy95 -- 12/14/2011 8:35:33 AM >

Post #: 15
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 10:21:14 AM   
Keston

Yes, Matrix is worth supporting.

quote:

ORIGINAL: adecoy95

i wish they used steam, using your own system is cool and all, but your companies bank suddenly rejecting paypal during the holiday season with almost no notice? that is downright destructive.

Having used Steam for a number of games and having suffered from infuriating repeated failures of their settings to NOT automatically update my games (kept resetting itself to auto-update, so mods/savegames were rendered useless), I classified it as a malicious application in order to play those games. I won't get games any longer through Steam even at huge discounts or if they are the sole source.

Here I can update as needed - just need to know if the update is savegame compatible.

(in reply to adecoy95)
Post #: 16
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 2:01:25 PM   
MisterBenn

I am new but have to concur based on what I've seen so far. I confess that the original trailers for Distant Worlds didn't pull me in (they confirmed it was a 4X but IMO didn't realy communicate any distinguishing features at the time), it wasn't until Legends came out and I saw some of the YouTube videos that I realised I had to sign up. In a genre where all entrants have similar scope and features, the value lies in the details - the chief selling points of Distant Worlds are the ambitious scope (the amount of detail in the game mechanics along with how well conceived and implemented they are) along with flexibility in the level of automation to keep things managable. Add to that the stability and quality of support I've seen and this is a delightful purchase. These things weren't apparent from the trailers, DW needs as many engaging Let's Play and AARs on YouTube as can be mustered!

(in reply to Keston)
Post #: 17
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 2:52:19 PM   
Grotius

That's a good point, MisterBenn. The Let's Plays and the AARs in this forum all "grabbed" me more than the game's official trailers. The trailers are nicely-done, but watching a gamer like Das grapple with the game made me realize: whoa, there's a ton of decision-making here. I like games with interesting decisions.

And yes, the customer support here is outstanding. Does Erik ever sleep? :)

(in reply to MisterBenn)
Post #: 18
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 3:21:11 PM   
WoodMan

I agree, Matrix has the best customer support from any gaming company I've ever come across, also the friendliest, most helpful and mature forum community too.

And Keston I share your gripe with Steam auto-updating even when you tell it not too.  This recently happened in Skyrim, i can't believe they added DRM in a patch after release, and forced you to DL it even if you had auto-update off

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 19
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 6:36:46 PM   
Keston

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

also the friendliest, most helpful and mature forum community too.

You're right! It's so civilized that I did not even notice the absence of forum barbarism.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 20
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 7:52:09 PM   
wozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gelatinous Cube

Only from Pirates who don't do it for a living. The vast majority of pirates aren't gamers just looking to get a free game, but instead they're people who make a living selling these pirated games. If you're ever travelling in the middle east, you can see TONS of pirated movies and video games in every shop, dirt cheap.

Piracy has increased a lot because of the DRM just look at Spore while a lot of gamers had Spore a lot of them pirated the game to get around the DRM. The major gaming companies don't get it if you have drastic DRM this will encourage piracy by people who don't normally do such a thing.

But really what i am trying to say if you make a good game and look after your customers then the piracy should be reduced.

< Message edited by wozza -- 12/14/2011 8:03:23 PM >

Post #: 21
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 8:00:22 PM   
wozza

quote:

i would totally support distant worlds right now if they accepted paypal atm, but they dont.

Matrix will never use Steam. Steam charges the devs a premium to use the service and also a lot of people here including myself don't like Steam. Why don't you look at buying the game from Paradox Gamersgate.

(in reply to adecoy95)
Post #: 22
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 8:50:16 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi adecoy95,

quote:

We're not happy about the Paypal situation. We normally support it and will again in January, so if you want to purchase the game directly from us and can wait, please do.

However, there are also two dealers that we worked with to make sure there was a way to get physical copies of our games (not downloads though, unfortunately) with Paypal during this interruption. You can find the info on those here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/announcement.asp?id=17

I believe both carry the full Distant Worlds series.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to adecoy95)
Post #: 23
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/14/2011 10:14:13 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: wozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gelatinous Cube

Piracy has increased a lot because of the DRM just look at Spore while a lot of gamers had Spore a lot of them pirated the game to get around the DRM. The major gaming companies don't get it if you have drastic DRM this will encourage piracy by people who don't normally do such a thing.

But really what i am trying to say if you make a good game and look after your customers then the piracy should be reduced.

I completely agree with you. However, if you made a pie chart and divided it into two parts: 1.) Copies of Games Pirated For Personal Use and 2.) Copies of Games Pirated for Profit, then you would have a pie chart in which 1.) is just a barely visible sliver. Matrix Games' awesome customer service is sure to prevent the first kind of piracy, but there's really nothing you can do against the 2nd besides DRM. Which is a bummer.

(in reply to wozza)
Post #: 24
RE: Matrix games are worth supporting - 12/15/2011 12:36:58 AM   
adecoy95

quote:

ORIGINAL:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/announcement.asp?id=17

I believe both carry the full Distant Worlds series.

Regards,

- Erik

yea i saw that, their shipping is pretty high, i am looking into prepaid visa gift cards to see how much they cost instead

< Message edited by adecoy95 -- 12/15/2011 12:37:05 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Matrix games are worth supporting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI