Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Torn to pieces Sea Lion 1940

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Torn to pieces Sea Lion 1940 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Torn to pieces Sea Lion 1940 - 11/24/2011 3:20:42 AM   
marcus1870

Is there a way to get a decisive victory on the first go at Sea Lion? I have two 109E/F and one 110D, one Ju-88, and one Ju-87D.

I spend a lot of time trying to get both aerial and naval superiority (otherwise my air and landing units get shredded). The problem is that after that, I barely have enough time to get a Marginal victory.

Also, what, if any, are the consequences of only getting a Marginal victory during Sea Lion 1940?
Post #: 1
RE: Torn to pieces Sea Lion 1940 - 11/29/2011 2:57:00 PM   
Der Kuenstler

I was unable to win Sealion on "General" level in 1940. Historically I think the British were mostly standing on the beaches with pitchforks and the only thing that stopped the Germans from rolling over them was lack of navy and transports. I found Britain in PC bristling with AA guns, artillery, and armor - they still had three tank units to my four, although their heavy equipment was supposed to be lost after Dunkirk.

A more realistic scenario would be giving the British only a few infantry but huge navy and allowing the Germans only a few transports.

I ended up just taking a loss so I could go to Greece. With a Marginal victory I think you go to Barbarosa.

(in reply to marcus1870)
Post #: 2
RE: Torn to pieces Sea Lion 1940 - 12/14/2011 2:13:46 PM   
MisterMax

I did win marginally on FM level 4 turns before the end, and I might have squeezed the decisive victroy too if I judged the situation correctly. That would have costs me probably half my core force though...escpecially on the London attacks so i didn't go for that (better to save a good core force for the attack on Russia).
The ensuing story line is ridiculous though...(after a marginal victory). So I am also very curious what will happen if you score the decisive...

Wargaming keeps you on your toes ;)

(in reply to Der Kuenstler)
Post #: 3
RE: Torn to pieces Sea Lion 1940 - 12/14/2011 2:56:04 PM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: MisterMax

I did win marginally on FM level 4 turns before the end, and I might have squeezed the decisive victroy too if I judged the situation correctly. That would have costs me probably half my core force though...escpecially on the London attacks so i didn't go for that (better to save a good core force for the attack on Russia).
The ensuing story line is ridiculous though...(after a marginal victory). So I am also very curious what will happen if you score the decisive...

If you get a DV in Sea Lion the Brits are out of the war and it becomes possible to go to the USA scenarios if you manage to knock out Russia in 41.
If you don't knock out Russia then you only go o East Front scenarios, there is no West Front.
A similiar thing will happen if you fail at Sea Liopn in 41 but manage to knock out Russia. Then you get a second chance to knock out Britain in Sea Lion 42. If you get a DV there it's on to the USA. If not then it's West Front for the rest of the game.

(in reply to MisterMax)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> The War Room >> Torn to pieces Sea Lion 1940 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI