Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rockets

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Rockets Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rockets - 12/22/2011 10:23:40 AM   
SargeantTex

does the aircraft firing rockets model work in AE want to modify my aircraft to carry them does anyone know if they have a good track record in the game?
Post #: 1
RE: Rockets - 12/22/2011 3:09:06 PM   
packerpete

It does kinda. It is my understanding that he aircraft carriage limits (at present in game) are pretty much limited to what you see in the normal range and extended range frame when you pull up the aircraft data page. Other weapons do work but the game has massive problems pulling up other types of ordinance. Example: Curtiss Helldiver could carry rockets, torpedoes, mines, depth bombs and other types of ordinance but in game are limited to 3? types of load outs. Normal range bomb load, extended range bomb load, and normal range bomb load (possibly enhanced) dependant on the experience level of the squadrons commander?

In short: Many people have played with the editor to get all the other munitions as possible loaded and they do work but it raises all kinds of hell with the code. There are a couple of threads on the subject and I believe JWE was the main guru warning everyone not to do it. Hope this helps in the short term until someone smarter than I get you a better answer.

(in reply to SargeantTex)
Post #: 2
RE: Rockets - 12/23/2011 12:59:45 AM   
JeffroK

You can mod the 5" rocket easily and fit it to your chosen aircraft.
I drastically dropped the stats, made accuracy 1 and lowered the effect plus made them a ripple of 2 units so instead of 8 on a P47 you get 4 sets of 2 rockets and gave them a load of 125 (So that a FB that can carry 2000lbs can lift only 8 rockets).
My problem is my aircraft seemed to be able to carry the rockets in addition to a full bomb load.
Example, My F6F has a capacity of 2000lbs, Instead of carrying 2 x 1000lb bombs or 8 x 5" rockets (maybe ahistorical as the F6F seemed to carry 6 rockets) they carried 2 x 1000lb bombs and 8 x 5" rockets.
It seems the game will lift whatever you put in the slots instead of calculating weights.
If you could get the alternate load system working you could make a 1000lb bomb alternate to a 4 x 5" package.

Despite this they seemed fairly historical, lots of small damage to LCU and aircraft, I hit a DD but low damage.
PS I did a 60lb eqivalent for the RAF

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to packerpete)
Post #: 3
RE: Rockets - 12/23/2011 10:20:42 AM   
Iron Duke

Hi Jeffk,
Have you tried using the fields 'Alt Device' and 'Alt Use' in the Editor .... Alt device points to the alternatine bomb/rocket to use and the Alt use is the 'code' to when to use the alt device .. however .. I'm not sure what the various codes mean ..
example from the editor device 202 .. 250lb GP Bomb has alt device of 1887.. and alt use of 40
device 1887.. 250lb SAP Bomb has alt device of 202... and alt use of 4

just a guess but i think '40' points to naval type attack and '4' to ground type attacks but I'm just guessing

This only helps if you want different loadouts for different mission types .(I think).

Hopefully somebody who knows for sure will chip in the required info.

"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 4
RE: Rockets - 12/23/2011 11:33:42 AM   
JuanG

See here;

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2730610

(in reply to Iron Duke)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Rockets Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI