Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MCS UPDATE Poll

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> MCS UPDATE Poll Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
[Poll]

MCS UPDATE Poll

0% (0)
  0% (0)
1.02b
  5% (2)
  0% (0)
  95% (38)

Total Votes : 40

(last vote on : 2/25/2012 11:50:34 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/2/2011 3:52:07 PM   
Jason Petho

What UPDATE are you using?

Jason Petho

Post #: 1
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/20/2011 10:41:52 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Thought I'd bump this up so that the poll result could still be seen.

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 2
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/20/2011 11:06:53 PM   
marcbarker

I have 3 version install so how does that count?

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 3
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 12:38:59 AM   
Deputy

More important that the poll results is the actual number of respondents. You can't earn a profit with just 27 players.

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 4
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 2:19:30 AM   
MrRoadrunner

So reverting back to a version that two people want is a move forward?

Right!

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 5
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 9:49:39 AM   
marcbarker

When 1.05 comes out i will have 4 installs big whoop. I just love playing and seeing what i can do with the old girl

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

Post #: 6
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 10:22:20 AM   
kool_kat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deputy

More important that the poll results is the actual number of respondents. You can't earn a profit with just 27 players.

You realize that players responding to a JTCS poll on a Matrix forum are only a sub-set of the total world-wide number of players who have purchased and play JTCS?

Perhaps most JTCS players would rather play the game than post to forums?

Why would Matrix Games be concerned about a patch version response rate... of players who already have purchased JTCS? Matrix already has their money? I would think that Matrix would be more attentive to the world-wide sales numbers of NEW JTCS purchases?

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 7
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 10:26:23 AM   
marcbarker

if people were devious enough they could create bogus email accounts and reregister under those accounts and skew the numbers. Just a thought

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 8
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 10:33:45 AM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: barker
if people were devious enough they could create bogus email accounts and reregister under those accounts and skew the numbers. Just a thought

So you did not vote for a reversion back to version 1.02?

You do know that your account or accounts can be traced back to the IP address?

Or, is it the poll did not work out your way and you change the parameters of the discussion ... again?

RR

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 9
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 10:34:46 AM   
marcbarker

the poll states what version do you use not a reversion to a upgrade

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

Post #: 10
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 10:35:38 AM   
marcbarker

quote:

What UPDATE are you using?

Jason Petho

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 11
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 10:43:01 AM   
MrRoadrunner

Your point is ... ???

Or, is this another diversion?

RR

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 12
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 10:44:08 AM   
marcbarker

it is not about reverting to an update it is about what update are you using....der

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

Post #: 13
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 10:45:32 AM   
marcbarker

quote:

Or, is it the poll did not work out your way and you change the parameters of the discussion ... again?

RR

you did not read the header of the poll this is not a reversion

moving my comments to the gripe thread you?

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 14
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 1:29:26 PM   
Ashcloud

Hi Deputy,

I would like to invite you to play PBEM games, please consider it. You will find a vast chasm between what you thought the game entails and what it is actually capable of when you play against another human. The AI is really weak and can easily be beaten and manipulated, it is not capable of setting a real ambush, or running rampant behind your lines because your security is lacking. The AI does not suffer from over-confidence or a lack of confidence, it cannot judge your character or morale. I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone can own and play this game with the obvious dedication you have and not play against other people.

Please give it a thought, put opinions and ego aside and think what you would enjoy most - a real challenge that never stops and that builds relationships or playing a weak robot.

Regards,
Ashley

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 15
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 3:03:28 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: mwest

quote:

You realize that players responding to a JTCS poll on a Matrix forum are only a sub-set of the total world-wide number of players who have purchased and play JTCS?

Perhaps most JTCS players would rather play the game than post to forums?

Why would Matrix Games be concerned about a patch version response rate... of players who already have purchased JTCS? Matrix already has their money? I would think that Matrix would be more attentive to the world-wide sales numbers of NEW JTCS purchases?

I realize that that's the common excuse when we mention the total numbers voted. So where is this Matrix underground that you guys keep insisting exists? Is it part of that "vast right wing conspiracy" that is also talked about among fantasy buffs?

So what you are saying is why would Matrix be concerned about customer support? I think that is on the tombstone of every game company that went belly-up.

Squad Battles

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 16
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 3:04:33 PM   
Deputy

quote:

WOW! Hadn't thought about that!!! Good point! And I don't doubt that situation exists.

Squad Battles

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 17
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 3:05:48 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

quote:

RR

ROFLMAO...and you have never heard of IP spoofers? Geez...did you just get online last week?????

Squad Battles

Post #: 18
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 3:08:23 PM   
Otto von Blotto

quote:

I realize that that's the common excuse when we mention the total numbers voted. So where is this Matrix underground that you guys keep insisting exists? Is it part of that "vast right wing conspiracy" that is also talked about among fantasy buffs?

over 160 at the blitz club, true a few may be on the old talonsoft versions but the ones on matrix CS will be on 1.04

"Personal isn't the same as important"

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 19
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 3:13:35 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ashcloud

Hi Deputy,

I would like to invite you to play PBEM games, please consider it. You will find a vast chasm between what you thought the game entails and what it is actually capable of when you play against another human. The AI is really weak and can easily be beaten and manipulated, it is not capable of setting a real ambush, or running rampant behind your lines because your security is lacking. The AI does not suffer from over-confidence or a lack of confidence, it cannot judge your character or morale. I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone can own and play this game with the obvious dedication you have and not play against other people.

Please give it a thought, put opinions and ego aside and think what you would enjoy most - a real challenge that never stops and that builds relationships or playing a weak robot.

Regards,
Ashley

And I would like to respectfully decine your invitation. I am not in the least bit interested in playing against other players. That's not why I bought the game and not my style of gameplay. I've seen posts on the Blitz about "equalizing" competition so that both sides have "play balance" and get a "fair chance" to win. That is NOT what war is like. Most times there IS NO equality between the two sides. The Allies won the war by overwheling superiority in numbers and material. I play as the Germans to see if I can change that, even though I think that the game is slanted towards Allied victory no matter what (even if you win a campaign as the Germans, you still lose the war).

< Message edited by Deputy -- 12/21/2011 3:16:21 PM >

Squad Battles

(in reply to Ashcloud)
Post #: 20
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 5:09:15 PM   
Ashcloud

Hi Deputy,

I hear you on all things not being equal in war but believe me when you play against humans, no matter how they try and balance a scenario, you will get so badly beaten so often you will feel like it is not possible for the scenario to be balanced.

I respect that you have your own preference of playing. I also enjoy playing the campaigns and getting medals and outstanding performances on every outing - it is a good way to learn about the units and their capabilities but it has no real challenge. Your gripes about the versions mean nothing in real terms because you are playing against a weak AI, it needs way more than invisible stacked tanks to bump into and 50mm tank-killing mortars to give the AI a chance against a seasoned player - and against a human you face an opponent who has the same patch problems as you do. As I mentioned in my previous message, ambushes, confidence, morale, friendships all play a role an you are missing out on it all. There are world-class players (the best in the world) waiting to play against you.

If you want to play as the Germans and win the war then you should join The Blitz and take part in The Official World in Flames Tournament (it has two teams playing through the whole war). At the moment the Axis are leading and we are at the end of 1942, it takes place in all theatres and has players of all skill levels (you sure you are not just scared of being beaten badly - it happens to the best and worst of us).

Lastly, the game may be slanted towards Allied victory because the Allies won.

Regards,
Ashley

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 21
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 7:31:13 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ROFLMAO...and you have never heard of IP spoofers? Geez...did you just get online last week?????

Laugh all you want.
Spoofers? Not one will create an IP address that anyone running a server cannot trace back to it's original IP.
I worked for AOL a few years back. Spoofers cannot be so sophisticated that could fool a good tech or the FBI.

But, go on, laugh!
The funniest thing is that you think anyone would be so interested or invested that they would resort to spoofing on a simple web site poll that only you seem interested to make into a federal issue?

It's now, BTW, 28 to 2. Unless you spoofed a vote or two in favor of version 1.04?

RR

< Message edited by MrRoadrunner -- 12/21/2011 7:33:43 PM >

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 22
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 9:17:20 PM   
Hawk Kriegsman

Voted.

Post #: 23
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/21/2011 10:20:43 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ashcloud

Hi Deputy,

I hear you on all things not being equal in war but believe me when you play against humans, no matter how they try and balance a scenario, you will get so badly beaten so often you will feel like it is not possible for the scenario to be balanced.

I respect that you have your own preference of playing. I also enjoy playing the campaigns and getting medals and outstanding performances on every outing - it is a good way to learn about the units and their capabilities but it has no real challenge. Your gripes about the versions mean nothing in real terms because you are playing against a weak AI, it needs way more than invisible stacked tanks to bump into and 50mm tank-killing mortars to give the AI a chance against a seasoned player - and against a human you face an opponent who has the same patch problems as you do. As I mentioned in my previous message, ambushes, confidence, morale, friendships all play a role an you are missing out on it all. There are world-class players (the best in the world) waiting to play against you.

If you want to play as the Germans and win the war then you should join The Blitz and take part in The Official World in Flames Tournament (it has two teams playing through the whole war). At the moment the Axis are leading and we are at the end of 1942, it takes place in all theatres and has players of all skill levels (you sure you are not just scared of being beaten badly - it happens to the best and worst of us).

Lastly, the game may be slanted towards Allied victory because the Allies won.

Regards,
Ashley

Nope, sorry. Still not interested. And I have already "won the war" quite a few times as the Germans. Remember, I started on this game way back when Talonsoft first introduced it. I much prefer the "classic" version of the game that stopped with version 1.02B than the newer versions that introduced all kinds of mods that were mainly aimed at PBEM users. But thanks for the offer anyway.
Actually, I would like to see a mod that congratulates the German player for winning the war. Doesn't make any sense to win the war and then be declared as having lost it.
Oh yeah...and I have heard way too much stuff about "cheating" on the Blitz to ever play there.

< Message edited by Deputy -- 12/21/2011 10:23:18 PM >

Squad Battles

(in reply to Ashcloud)
Post #: 24
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 2:46:24 AM   
Otto von Blotto

quote:

I much prefer the "classic" version of the game that stopped with version 1.02B than the newer versions that introduced all kinds of mods that were mainly aimed at PBEM users. But thanks for the offer anyway.

Actually I think most of the controversial mods in 1.04 for example extreme assault and hidden under 50mm AT guns were aimed at the AI player as the game was to easy, only the better artillery chance to disable hard target changes were for both Ai and pbem players, and if the artillery against the hard targets improved play for pbem players is debatable but at least it's the same for both sides so it's even for both sides.

quote:

Oh yeah...and I have heard way too much stuff about "cheating" on the Blitz to ever play there.

Really care to back that particular bit of hearsay up with any actual proof at all.? http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=60428 think before you disrespect a well known and thought of gaming establishment. really the place is better off without your admittance, so believe me I am not trying to convince you to join.

I can say I have PBEM this game since the year 2000 first on the frontline club and since 2008 at the blitz and in all that time over hundreds of games have I only ever played against one player I considered was not playing within the spirit of the rules as they were checking out the map visibility at different elevations during the game but least they owned up to it before it came to public accusations.

"Personal isn't the same as important"

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 25
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 8:43:08 AM   
Ashcloud

Hi Deputy,

It is a shame, but each to their own (I guess some people play Battlefield only against bots too).

As for The Blitz, you have never met a nicer, friendlier bunch of people anywhere. Most of them play with honor and treat each other with respect. Should you get a reputation within the club as a cheat I am sure your opponents will dry up pretty soon. The club has the best CS players in the world and a more knowledgeable group of people about the 2nd World War and CS will be hard to find. Exclude yourself from them at your own loss. Go well.

Regards,
Ashley

(in reply to Otto von Blotto)
Post #: 26
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 10:52:08 AM   
MrRoadrunner

I've been a Blitz member since 2002. Reported almost 1,500 games against many ... many ... opponents. In all that time I have only come across one that was actually found to be cheating.

The canard of cheating and the inference from a non-member who only plays against the AI (where he could cheat at will, the AI does not care) is a simple drone from a person who wants to give "lift" to a weak argument about something else entirely?

You will never get proof from someone who only wants to smear?
My suggestion is to move on and let it go.

Keeping the thread up is gaining more votes? 30 to 2. 

RR

(in reply to Ashcloud)
Post #: 27
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 1:17:47 PM   
Hawk Kriegsman

I have been a Blitz member since 2003 and have reported nearly 1600 games and have never come across a someone cheating against me.

I would say more on this, but the main antagonist here is such a clueless schmuk that he is not worth my time or effort.

Thanx!

Hawk

Post #: 28
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 1:20:08 PM   
marcbarker

to all, This poll was intended to ask a very simple question what upgrade are you using...that is it. Not intended for anything other then that. Mainly I need that information for my scenario viewer and what scenarios needed to be included. For one thing I have issue with is the negativity and the propagation of this. No Need for it. Who cares about cheating...makes no difference to me. I f a person cheats and wins so be it...karma is a pain. but if you cheat and lose what does that tell you...the other person is just plain better then the cheater. That is all I have to say about that

Marc

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

Post #: 29
RE: MCS UPDATE Poll - 12/22/2011 1:36:45 PM   
Ashcloud

Hi Marc,

The poll shows that the latest patch is the most used and I think it will always be that way (as it should be - we hope). I think that the problem with this thread and all the others is when someone tries to impose their opinion on everyone else and things get personal. I try my best to welcome all opinions and respect individuals but I must jump to the defence of anyone who is unjustly wronged or unfairly slandered. The Blitz is composed of members of the highest calibre and honor. They do not deserve to be spoken of poorly and have careless accusations levelled against them.

Enough said.

Regards,
Ashley

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> MCS UPDATE Poll Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI