Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Combat results

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Combat results Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Combat results - 12/4/2011 1:26:17 AM   
lparkh

My guess is folks not noticing weather is where a lot of this comes from. I don't remember the initiative effect to weather from the old PG. Makes sense as a mechanic, just not expected :-)

(in reply to EisenHammer)
Post #: 31
RE: Combat results - 12/8/2011 5:56:44 PM   
Lord Zimoa

Especially for those who really wanted exact combat result predictions:

quote:

In 1.05 there is a new cheat code "chess" which makes all combats play exactly as they were predicted (unless rugged defense happens - that is still a random factor). This is by no means a solution to RNG problems some people complain about, but players who like to plan everything from beginning to end and have everything under control might want to try this mode.

Who says we don`t listen to you bunch of whiners!

(in reply to lparkh)
Post #: 32
RE: Combat results - 12/27/2011 2:00:39 PM   
jonpfl

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

On battle results hot keys, this screen shot shows right unit stats but wrong unit designations, should infantry and cavalry.

EDIT: Ah dopey me, thought Ctrl click and the "L" key did the same thing.

Can someone elaborate on the detailed combat screen for me?

What does "Dice roll: +X" mean?

And why is does it show Attack and Defense for both units? Isn't one unit attacking and one unit defending? Or do they swap rolls in combat?

Why is it showing 20th Pioneiere vs 14th French Inf but on the screen to right it is show 4th Wehmacht Inf vs 8th Light Cavalry?

Thx
jonpfl

Attachment (1)

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 33
RE: Combat results - 12/27/2011 4:08:31 PM   
Rood

quote:

And why is does it show Attack and Defense for both units? Isn't one unit attacking and one unit defending? Or do they swap rolls in combat?

Unless the initiave of the attacking unit is 5 higher than that of the defending unit, the defending unit will always shoot back.

quote:

Why is it showing 20th Pioneiere vs 14th French Inf but on the screen to right it is show 4th Wehmacht Inf vs 8th Light Cavalry?

On the right side of the screen the currently selected unit and 'moused over' or attacked unit is shown.
The Combat Details screen shows the result of the previous combat.

(in reply to jonpfl)
Post #: 34
RE: Combat results - 12/27/2011 4:23:30 PM   
jonpfl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rood

quote:

Unless the initiave of the attacking unit is 5 higher than that of the defending unit, the defending unit will always shoot back.

quote:

On the right side of the screen the currently selected unit and 'moused over' or attacked unit is shown.
The Combat Details screen shows the result of the previous combat.

Oh ok, thanks

So if a unit has a 5 or greater initiative and attacks, the defending units doesn't get a shot back?

(in reply to Rood)
Post #: 35
RE: Combat results - 12/27/2011 6:45:55 PM   
Rood

To be precise if the difference in initiative between the attacking unit and the defending unit is greater than 5 then the defending unit doesn't shoot back.

That is because for every point that the attacker has more 20% of the defending unit (based on his strenght level) doesn't shoot back, and 5 * 20% = 100% .

The above is for ground combat, it works a bit different in air combat (don't know the precise numbers for that).

(in reply to jonpfl)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Combat results Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI