Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/14/2011 8:25:10 PM   
SeanD

The acclaimed Eastern Front strategy masterpiece receives a significant tune-up, with many improvements and fixes

Matrix Games, Slitherine, and 2by3 Games are proud to release the comprehensive multi-language 1.05.45 update for their acclaimed WWII strategy mega game, Gary Grigsby’s War in the East. The update works for both the English and German versions of the game and includes many important AI and game balance improvements, bug fixes and scenario improvements. We strongly recommend that all owners of Gary Grigsby’s War in the East update to v1.05.45 for the best gameplay experience.

Also, for the first time ever, Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now on sale for 33% off!
Head over to our Holiday Sale and pick up at a rare, discounted price what Quarter to Three called “Almost certainly the most important wargame to come out in the past ten years.”

About Gary Grigsby’s War in the East

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is the spiritual heir to the great Eastern Front board and computer wargames of the past; a turn-based World War II strategy game down to the division and brigade level, stretching across the entire Eastern Front at a 10 mile per hex scale. Gamers can engage in massive, dramatic campaigns, including intense battles involving thousands of units with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results. As with all the award-winning titles made by the 2by3 Games team, factors such as supply, fatigue, experience, morale and the skill of your divisional, corps and army leaders all play an important part in determining the results at the front line. Gary Grigsby’s War in the East comes with 4 massive campaigns as well as many smaller scenarios all with different strategic and operational challenges.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East represents a truly epic representation of the Second World War on the Eastern Front and is unparalleled in its scale, detail, and ambition!

Get the update here. The update is comprehensive, will work with both English and German versions, and will bring all versions of War in the East to 1.05.45. Get more information on Gary Grigsby’s War in the East from its official product page.

< Message edited by SeanD -- 12/14/2011 8:27:59 PM >

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/14/2011 8:39:36 PM   
mmarquo

So where's the download? The link takes one to the product page where the latest update is 1.04.4

Marquo

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/14/2011 8:42:37 PM   
sanderz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marquo

So where's the download? The link takes one to the product page where the latest update is 1.04.4

Marquo

its not in the members area either

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 3
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/14/2011 8:43:06 PM   
Tac2i

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/WarInTheEast/GG-WarInTheEast-Update-v10545.zip

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marquo

Marquo

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 4
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/14/2011 9:01:18 PM   
catski

isint the same as the 1.05.45 Beta patch?

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 5
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/14/2011 9:19:49 PM   
gingerbread

It's under: Product Links - Reviews.

It will probably be moved very soon...

(in reply to catski)
Post #: 6
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/14/2011 9:34:03 PM   
catski

yes ive found it thanks

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 7
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/14/2011 9:44:26 PM   
Denniss

quote:

ORIGINAL: catski

isint the same as the 1.05.45 Beta patch?
No, at least the german version gets some files with minor updates.

(in reply to catski)
Post #: 8
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/14/2011 10:59:36 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Do we need this if we have the Beta????

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 9
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/15/2011 3:18:54 PM   
jwduquette1

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Do we need this if we have the Beta????

I was about to ask the same question. I have the 1.05.45 Beta installed already -- do I need this official 1.05.45 to achieve nirvana?

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 10
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/15/2011 3:22:15 PM   
Helpless

I think it is the same, but installer which removes word Beta from registry. It may look different for the PBEM+ servers.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to jwduquette1)
Post #: 11
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/15/2011 5:16:55 PM   
freeboy

and the answer is??????????????

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 12
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/15/2011 5:20:48 PM   
Joel Billings

You don't need to have the beta 1.05, just the official update. If you already have the beta 1.05.45, then you have everything except the official registry entry that you are up to date (this is true for English users only, German version users need to get the official update to have everything).

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 13
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/16/2011 3:19:23 PM   
jwduquette1

Thanks for the clarification about the official 1.05.45 and the beta 1.05.45

This is probably a dumb question as I probably missed an announcement somewheres’ about this. Has the Rules Book been official updated\revamped. Last time I checked into this, the rule book was the same as the one which was originally released but with a bunch of errata and addendum tossed into an appendix. Thanks.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 14
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/16/2011 5:09:21 PM   
Joel Billings

Leo, one of the testers, has been working on taking the readme items and getting them into the manual text. It's a huge job considering the number of changes, and the fact the rules keep changing while he's doing his work. The number of ourtight rule changes has been slowing (and should continue to slow), so eventually Leo hopes to be caught up. I can't give you a time on when his work will be done and a fully revised manual will be released.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Post #: 15
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/16/2011 9:38:04 PM   
Mac Linehan

Joel -

My sincere appreciation to the 2by3 Team and testers for the patch. The quality and immediacy of your support is absolutely First Class.

Well done, Gents!

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 12/16/2011 9:39:45 PM >

LAV-25 2147

Post #: 16
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/16/2011 9:57:56 PM   
elmo3

You're welcome.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 17
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/17/2011 12:34:24 AM   
jwduquette1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Leo, one of the testers, has been working on taking the readme items and getting them into the manual text. It's a huge job considering the number of changes, and the fact the rules keep changing while he's doing his work. The number of ourtight rule changes has been slowing (and should continue to slow), so eventually Leo hopes to be caught up. I can't give you a time on when his work will be done and a fully revised manual will be released.

Thanks Joel and thanks Leo.

Post #: 18
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/18/2011 10:00:49 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwduquette1

Has the Rules Book been official updated\revamped. Last time I checked into this, the rule book was the same as the one which was originally released but with a bunch of errata and addendum tossed into an appendix.

In updated manual you can find all new rules under Addendum.

I am in the process of moving them where they belong (it is big and tedious job).

Also updated manual has fully jumpable references which can make reading much more easier - just click on the related reference (for example "Chapter 1.2.3" and you are taken there - after you read it just press the "Back" button in your PDF reader and you are back from where you jumped - this way you can easily explore the manual)!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

Post #: 19
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 12/18/2011 10:49:30 AM   
Schmart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Also updated manual has fully jumpable references which can make reading much more easier - just click on the related reference (for example "Chapter 1.2.3" and you are taken there - after you read it just press the "Back" button in your PDF reader and you are back from where you jumped - this way you can easily explore the manual)!

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 20
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 1/2/2012 12:44:19 PM   
markwall06

I don't know if I've done something wrong or missed the totally obvious but although I've downloaded and installed the patch, my manual seems to be the same - I can't see an appendix containing an addendum. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 21
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 1/2/2012 1:22:33 PM   
Denniss

The US Letter manual should be the most recent version, it's in the manuals subfolder of your WitE installation.
It should be stated as manual version 0.32 on the title screen and has the addendums/appendix

(in reply to markwall06)
Post #: 22
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 1/2/2012 2:03:59 PM   
markwall06

Indeed it is - thank you very much!

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 23
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 1/2/2012 2:43:43 PM   
markwall06

Now - one last favour if anyone can help. I had my manual printed out, and rather than go through the new manual page by page comparing it with mine, does anyone know which of the rules have changed? I would like to update my printed manual by literally cutting and pasting the new bits in from the updated pdf version

Thanks again

(in reply to markwall06)
Post #: 24
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! - 1/2/2012 2:46:28 PM   
markwall06

Actually forget that last - I'm looking at the addendum now

(in reply to markwall06)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Gets a Major Update! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI