Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Grey Screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Grey Screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Grey Screen - 10/10/2011 6:28:33 PM   
rebelmswar

Every time I get half way or so into a battle in this game, my screen goes completely grey. I can hear things still happening yet I can not even Ctl Alt Del out of it, nor does the Windows button work.

I have updated my graphic card driver, installed the patch for the game, installed all updates for windows and shouted a bunch but nothing seems to work.

Is there a soloution to this problem?

Sorry needed to add, no mods or anything similar.

Running Windows 7.

< Message edited by rebelmswar -- 10/10/2011 6:40:28 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Grey Screen - 1/3/2012 5:29:31 PM   
Semachus

Hi all,
I see this was posted in October 2011, and no response. Anyway...I was given this game as a gift and installed it a few days ago. I have the same issue...a grey screen. It has happened when I hosted a campaign or when I was a visitor. It did not seem to matter what stage of the battle..sometimes it would happen after the game loaded up and I was moving my troops around. A few times I was able to get into the start of the battle and then it would happen. I have the newest patches for my video card. I have a Nvdia GT220. Just to let you know, of all the games I play...this grey screen issue is with Arnhem only. I have never seen this issue with Paradox games, AGEOD as well as well as previous CC games. I have never had this happen before on any programs on my PC in fact. This is a bit strange. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks...

(in reply to rebelmswar)
Post #: 2
RE: Grey Screen - 1/7/2012 7:10:16 AM   
Andrew Williams

Yeh...not much support currently... mainly because very few people know how it is supposed to work... all hush hush these days.

(in reply to Semachus)
Post #: 3
RE: Grey Screen - 1/7/2012 5:08:04 PM   
Semachus

Thanks for your comment...

Meanwhile in playing the game solo the same thing happens. It is triggered I believe, so far as by my tests show, when I move the mouse. I have the game running a battle is starting..and then I click and move some squads...and after a minute or so..when I move the mouse again..poof..the gray screen pops up. The game is still running..but not seen anymore.

I am surprised by the lack of comments for support.

Anyway...will continue to see on my own how I can resolve this.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 4
RE: Grey Screen - 1/7/2012 7:01:57 PM   
Tejszd

Given that you still hear the sounds the game is still running which points to Direct X and or your video card drivers. go to the direct X website to install the latest version of Direct X and then check your video card drivers. You may even have to downgrade the video card driver version....

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 1/7/2012 7:02:21 PM >

(in reply to Semachus)
Post #: 5
RE: Grey Screen - 1/7/2012 8:15:24 PM   
Semachus

Hello...many thanks...I had installed a new driver for the video card but then discovered a newer one... Installed it and so far no more problems... Many Thanks..

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Grey Screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI