Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Time problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Time problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Time problems - 12/29/2011 6:09:49 PM   
gregwil

Loaded Harpoon Commander's Ultimate Edition on desktop and laptop. On desk top when playing game the computer will slow down and stop movement when I advance the time from +10 to anything faster. On laptop it isn't affected. Laptop is able to run game ok. Desktop had to add file to show complete message windows. Message windows ok on laptop. Laptop and desktop both running windows 7. Desktop is two years newer than laptop. Can not play game on laptop as it is wife's business computer.
Post #: 1
RE: Time problems - 1/5/2012 3:06:04 PM   
TonyE

Can you tell me more about the desktop computer?  What operating system is it running?  What CPU does it have?

If you can describe what you mean by Stop Movement too it would be appreciated.  The game is not multithreaded so when it needs to do a lot of computation it will stop accepting input and look frozen until the computation is finished.  As you increase time compression the bundles of calculations the game has to do each real life second increases, the game does not skip or shortcut computations as you increase the time compression. 

Most scenarios on most computers won't have any big lag until you are at 30:1 or greater time compression but that depends upon the particular computer and scenario combination. 

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to gregwil)
Post #: 2
RE: Time problems - 1/5/2012 5:11:46 PM   
gregwil

Working with Windows 7 and the cpu is over 2ghz. The damn game works fine on my wife's laptop, but I can't use that because it is her business computer.

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Time problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI