Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any body Home????????????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Any body Home???????????? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any body Home???????????? - 1/13/2001 7:09:00 AM   
Cadd43

All I need is a simple yes or no answer, do ya have to be here a year before you are considered worthy of a reply??????If it doesnt involve playing the game Im **** outta luck huh??????????? I didnt get a response on the first post will I on this one????? Any brains in here?I tried to install the game server program that came with the game. All went well until I tried to execute it. Came back with message that my OCX file was older than version of the game.I did reboot as informed before trying to execute it. So I tried to download the patch at Matrix's site, but couldnt due to the fact that the file is no longer on the FTP server that provides it. Any suggestions or Ideas?

Post #: 1
- 1/13/2001 7:45:00 AM   
Joe Osborne

Cadd43, I'm sorry if we didn't answer your plea within the first micro seconds of your travail. The guys at Matrix (of which I'm proudly one) have always prided ourselves with a quick reply to folks questions, and have dedicated ourselves to helping out our players. Not to mention the incredible support of the wargamers who grace these forums who spend a lot of their OWN time and I might add money (CD burns) to help out players. I'm sorry that the gameserver client didn't load for you .....really I am. As far as the quote "Any brains in here?" My response would be if you were the only person on these boards I would have to say obviously not. We regret that the game client didn't load as you and we both would have liked, but if you'd lighten up, and be a bit more civil you would certainly get a helpful response I'm sure. Seeing as you say "All I need is a simple yes or no answer" to the question posted by you "Any suggestions or ideas?" My answer is ..."no". I apologize to the many wonderful people who visit these forums and support Matrix, but as Popeye once said..."I've taken all I can stanz and I can't stanz no more". Joe Osborne
quote:

Originally posted by Cadd43: All I need is a simple yes or no answer, do ya have to be here a year before you are considered worthy of a reply??????If it doesnt involve playing the game Im **** outta luck huh??????????? I didnt get a response on the first post will I on this one????? Any brains in here?I tried to install the game server program that came with the game. All went well until I tried to execute it. Came back with message that my OCX file was older than version of the game.I did reboot as informed before trying to execute it. So I tried to download the patch at Matrix's site, but couldnt due to the fact that the file is no longer on the FTP server that provides it. Any suggestions or Ideas?

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 2
- 1/13/2001 7:45:00 AM   
WW2'er

Yes. WW2'er

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 3
- 1/13/2001 8:21:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

Maybe it's because you're from Philadelphia.

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 4
- 1/13/2001 8:25:00 AM   
Cadd43

And your Point?????????

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 5
- 1/13/2001 8:25:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

Seriously, you have just dissed what I have found to be the most responsive wargame company I have ever dealt with. That doesn't mean that they sometimes fail to immediately jump when someone posts, but their responses are in general incredibly rapid. So, chill.

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 6
- 1/13/2001 8:34:00 AM   
Cadd43

ummmm I am chilled Ok? I apologized twice.... yes they are a good company and all i want to do is try to play the game on the net is that asking to much?????? I would say were i am from but that is besides the point. I dont need any stereotyping that has nothing to do with my post to begin with........ I waited for 4 hours for a response I dont think that is being impatient do you?????? Evidently there is a bug in the program maybe? dunno but thats why Im asking to begin with. Ok Im chilled..... :P

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 7
- 1/13/2001 8:56:00 AM   
Gurney Halleck

"I waited for 4 hours for a response I dont think that is being impatient do you??????" Yes it is being impatient.. the proper etiquette is waiting till the next day before "Politely" bumping the topic back to the top of the forums... Gurney

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous is never get involved in a land war in asia"

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 8
- 1/13/2001 9:06:00 AM   
Reg

There are people from all over the world watching this forum so it would not be unreasonable to wait 24 hours to allow others in different time zones to consider your request. Also remember that technical problems may take a bit of thought or research before a solution can be proposed. Give everyone a chance to reply. Reg. [This message has been edited by Reg (edited January 12, 2001).]

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 9
- 1/13/2001 9:07:00 AM   
Joe Osborne

quote:

Originally posted by Cadd43: ummmm I am chilled Ok? I apologized twice.... yes they are a good company and all i want to do is try to play the game on the net is that asking to much?????? I would say were i am from but that is besides the point. I dont need any stereotyping that has nothing to do with my post to begin with........ I waited for 4 hours for a response I dont think that is being impatient do you?????? Evidently there is a bug in the program maybe? dunno but thats why Im asking to begin with. Ok Im chilled..... :P
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH... now this room is feeling a bit cooler! No more heat. Very comfortable...I can almost feel the love You have to have the newest version....go to Combat Net section of Matrix and go to bottom of page and download from site 2...... site 1 is not working....our apologies... Regards and basking in the aura of love, Joe Osborne

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 10
- 1/13/2001 9:27:00 AM   
Cadd43

Thank you first of all Joe!!! Im kinda new to this forum thing. Matter of fact, Im new to the city of Philadelphia in reference to an earlier remark as to my location. Im just an old country boy. I enjoy war games immensely, I suppose after spending a decade in the 101st Airborne which just so happens to be my place of birth. Might be why I am a tad edgy at times. I didnt mean any disrespect in any shape, form or fashion. So to all that post here I humbly apologize for my impatient attitude. So let me try to reinstall the software,and see what happens then we can do our fighting in the game and not here. Again I apologize.

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 11
- 1/13/2001 10:18:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

I tell you ..this forum is one class act .. style ya got style ... well to help offset the negative waves always with those negative waves ... I just had to say class act and Thanks again to the Matrix staff and all that ya do ..

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 12
- 1/13/2001 6:19:00 PM   
Warhorse

Cadd43, from Philly, eh? I'm about 35-40 minutes from you, live in Compass, PA, near Gap, and Lancaster. Welcome on board man!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 13
- 1/13/2001 9:25:00 PM   
Panzer Capta

quote:

Originally posted by Cadd43: All I need is a simple yes or no answer, do ya have to be here a year before you are considered worthy of a reply??????If it doesnt involve playing the game Im **** outta luck huh??????????? I didnt get a response on the first post will I on this one????? Any brains in here?I tried to install the game server program that came with the game. All went well until I tried to execute it. Came back with message that my OCX file was older than version of the game.I did reboot as informed before trying to execute it. So I tried to download the patch at Matrix's site, but couldnt due to the fact that the file is no longer on the FTP server that provides it. Any suggestions or Ideas?
I am afraid that you have a terrible misconception of the lads in this forum. They are all extremely helpful and friendly....as you will learn if you give it a chance.

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 14
- 1/14/2001 3:25:00 AM   
jwarrenw13

Airborne, that explains it. As a retired "leg" officer, I can say I always hated to deal with the aiborne types. They were always in the "make it happen mode" no matter how trivial the problem. I mean, as the old saying goes, "Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" Now, I was just kidding, just like the Philly comment. As one of the non-expert posters here (Please NEVER ask me to answer a question.), let me welcome you aboard, even if you are airborne.

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 15
- 1/14/2001 4:17:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

quote:

Yes; calm down. Take a deep breath. (a whiskey Manhattan does it for me) Stick around. There is more knowlege and info here than you can assimilate in a year. All will be revealed if you're patient. Personally, I've gotten more for free from this company than a fist full of cash ever bought me from others. If you like military sims --and history, you're in the right spot. In time... maybe you'll be moved to contribute. ------------------ Greg. 37 mill AA... can suddenly ruin your day.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 16
- 1/14/2001 4:20:00 AM   
David Heath

Cadd44 Send me your e-mail address and I end you the new version to try and see if that fixes your problem. David

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 17
- 1/14/2001 5:06:00 AM   
Wild Bill

A little late, but I'm here. Cadd43, apology accepted. If you have ever dealt with gaming companies you will find as a rule you never get an answer at all. But we don't work that way. We have always prided ourselves on helping when and however we can. We do that because we too are gamers first and foremost. So no need to rehash all that has already been said. I hope you realize that we are on your side and we do care. As for "brains," I'll leave that alone. We sometimes feel lobotomized with so much to do, but I think a few marbles are still rolling around in the hallways of our minds Welcome to the group! Best group of gamers you'll ever find, right here on this forum, where civility and common courtesy RULE! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 18
- 1/14/2001 9:14:00 AM   
Kernel Klink

To all new recruits, I am a new recruit.We had problems with the game locking while on net play. my buddy posted the question and received a reply from Paul almost immediatly,about 24 hours. Also we are very honored that the patch for this was given a high priority for ver 4.6 NO gaming co. would ever do this. We still cant beleive our good fortune for this fine game and great people.

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 19
- 1/14/2001 9:47:00 AM   
orc4hire

Cadd43, You really will get better responses from people if you don't start out by insulting them, and if you give people a chance to answer you before you escalate your complaints. And before complaining about Matrix' service, think on this; they've spend god only knows how many hours, and how much money (well, okay, there are probably a few people who know how much money....), just to provide you with a great game free for the downloading. And they've put more work into patching and upgrading this free game in response to user input than pretty much any company out there puts into maintaining a game that would cost you $50. A 4 hour wait for an answer isn't much compared to that, now is it?

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 20
- 1/14/2001 10:13:00 AM   
Tankhead

Well I was going to say my 2 cent but somebody stole my bag of marbles. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1

Tankhead

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 21
- 1/14/2001 1:46:00 PM   
k1w1

You wont find a more knowledgeable or helpful bunch of people than in this forum. These guys/gals live for wargamming and are only too ready to help if than can.

They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old Age shall not weary them nor the years condem At the going down of the sun & in the morning we will remember them.

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 22
- 1/18/2001 3:09:00 AM   
Wild Bill

To explain carefully to all who do not know. We don't have a resident guru on call 24 hours a day for the forum. That is just not possible. Paul, Warhorse, Brent, Figmo, David, Redleg, Tom P. and I, and others try to get here every day and read every new post and many that have received replies. But none of us have the time to sit here continously and immediately answer any question. We do what we can. Sorry we can't do more. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 23
- 1/18/2001 5:56:00 AM   
BlitzSS

Hey, JW where are you from? I was just reading this thread and trying for my own edification what the solution is. Is it to DL the lastest Ver from Combat Net (is that V1.2?)and wait unil patch ver 4.6 comes out? I've always heard that you met the nicest people in a tank.

"Nuts"

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 24
- 1/18/2001 11:29:00 AM   
Tsknrdr

In the short months I have had the pleasure of watching this board I have learned more about military life and history, specifically WW2, than I could have in years of personal study. There is probably more assembled knowledge here than in most major university history departments. I know for a fact that my current school, UVa (Go HOOs), has no resource, faculty or otherwise, that even approaches this board. Guys, I don't normally say much, but know that it has been, and will continue to be an honor to learn from you.

The unexamined life is not worth living.

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 25
- 1/18/2001 12:30:00 PM   
USMCGrunt

Just wanna throw my 2 cents in. I have never in my 12 years of computer gaming run across such wonderful tech support as with SPWAW. About 2 weeks ago I was trying to download scenarios from the Depot and couldn't get on to it. I emailed Wild Bill with my frustration. Within 24 hours, he had not only replied to my email, but sent me a list of scenarios and offered to email me any I wanted. I was utterly stunned. He even took the time to answer a question I had about Tank Destroyers (Remember me now WB?) The SPWAW team is a credit to the entire PC game industry. I look forward to enjoying their games and scenarios in the future. ------------------ USMCGrunt -When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.

USMCGrunt Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll! -Rudyard Kipling-

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 26
- 1/18/2001 9:16:00 PM   
Panzer Capta

quote:

Originally posted by USMCGrunt: Just wanna throw my 2 cents in. I have never in my 12 years of computer gaming run across such wonderful tech support as with SPWAW. About 2 weeks ago I was trying to download scenarios from the Depot and couldn't get on to it. I emailed Wild Bill with my frustration. Within 24 hours, he had not only replied to my email, but sent me a list of scenarios and offered to email me any I wanted. I was utterly stunned. He even took the time to answer a question I had about Tank Destroyers (Remember me now WB?) The SPWAW team is a credit to the entire PC game industry. I look forward to enjoying their games and scenarios in the future.
Amen my friend!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 27
- 1/19/2001 6:15:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I remember you Grunt! Who can forget meeting a Marine ! Semper Fi, guys! Thanks for the endorsement! WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 28
- 1/19/2001 6:17:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Cadd has apologized and made things right. Nothing more to be said, so I think it is time to lock this one up and move on. Thanks, Cadd! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Any body Home???????????? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI