Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stargate, SG1 years

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Stargate, SG1 years Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stargate, SG1 years - 1/14/2012 9:43:21 AM   
Pete76

Looking into maybe starting a MOD to make a Stargate variant. Since SG1 all took place in the Milkyway it won't be including the Wraith or other Pegasus Galaxy factions. Maybe do a variant for the "Atlantis Years" if this one goes well and people like it. I haven't really done any real work on this yet, but have a list of nine factions and a general idea of how I would like to set them up. Of course as with all things MODed feedback and ideas would help. Any images you think would work well here as well. I can already see a lot of difficulty getting it at least somewhat balanced and staying true (as much as possible) to the show.

Factions:
Tau'ri(Humans) Will likely be the hardest faction to play....
Asgard
Free Jaffa
Ori
Replicators
Tok'ra
Goa'uld
Anubis
Apophis
Ba'al
Post #: 1
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 1/14/2012 10:48:56 AM   
Pete76

Found the perfect images for most of the ships, and I'm sure he probably has more he doesn't have posted on his page. I would encourage anyone interested in 3D art to have a look. He truly has some beautiful artwork.

http://mallacore.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0

(in reply to Pete76)
Post #: 2
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 1/14/2012 1:39:16 PM   
Nedrear

Just leave out the "Goauld" faction if you already started to split them. All leaders are known, so just make all of them.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to Pete76)
Post #: 3
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 1/14/2012 4:29:28 PM   
Pete76

Yeah I did have some spaces there for indents at the names of the Goa'uld Names to show they were just there as the same race, different faction. Wasn't really planning on making any generic Goa'uld faction to encompass the lesser system lords. I was considering adding the Lucian Alliance though as a smaller race, and as the only faction that could be used as pirates.

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 4
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 1/14/2012 4:38:19 PM   
Igard

Great idea, Pete! This should be very cool when done.

Question, will there be a 'Ra' faction, or is this set after Ra's death?

(in reply to Pete76)
Post #: 5
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 1/14/2012 4:44:59 PM   
Pete76

I'm not sure, maybe run an alternate reality story line where Ra escapes the nuke? To be honest I loved the Stargate TV franchise, but there are so many inconsistancies I find it so freaking frustrating....

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 6
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 1/14/2012 4:54:19 PM   
Igard

It would make more sense to set it after Ra's death. I just feel that Ra could be a great character to have in the game, however his death did pave the way for the Free Jaffa to rise up.

(in reply to Pete76)
Post #: 7
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 1/14/2012 5:13:47 PM   
Pete76

Yea, and allowed Apophis free access to his territory to come and check out Earth setting off the whole SG1 series. For as strong as the Goa'uld were they were killed off pretty fast all things considered, seeing as we were the backwater world just starting out. The explaination why Earth wasn't directly attacked but a couple of times is understandable. Though offensively I don't see how a few small four man missions could have really upset the balance as much as it did in the show with out visiting it more. Seemed like they went from being many to all but a couple of them pretty quickly. The last two seasons of the rushed Ori just seemed like them getting in a hurry to end the series.

Anyway, off track, just leaving the other factions of Goa'uld in there anyway with the Ori coming about for better game play. Kind of boring to just play with 3-4 factions. Just need to work out how to make the Tau'ri playable but believable in the back story with out getting kicked around by the Goa'uld or Ori the whole time.

Though I would likely be tempted to run the Asgard most of the time myself . Think the death ray would work best for the Asgard beam weapons .

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 8
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 1/15/2012 9:45:02 PM   
adecoy95

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pete76

I'm not sure, maybe run an alternate reality story line where Ra escapes the nuke? To be honest I loved the Stargate TV franchise, but there are so many inconsistancies I find it so freaking frustrating....

i am curious about this comment, i honestly found the stargate series the least inconsistent of any other sci-fi show i have watched before. i cant think of many things that were ret-conned or a serious plot hole to the show, except for maby the fact they never, in a whole decade one aquired a sarcophagus, but that would have changed the dynamic of the show pretty fast.

and it was pretty easily explained why they did not attack earth early one, before apophis attacked, the ships would have taken months to get there, it was just not practical to care enough at the time, untill it took only days to get there that is

< Message edited by adecoy95 -- 1/15/2012 9:47:08 PM >

(in reply to Pete76)
Post #: 9
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 4/1/2012 7:46:29 PM   
Ingo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pete76

Found the perfect images for most of the ships, and I'm sure he probably has more he doesn't have posted on his page. I would encourage anyone interested in 3D art to have a look. He truly has some beautiful artwork.

http://mallacore.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0

I've used the link today to make four images of the SG vessels by that guy (man, he is really a gifted genius) - I would have embedded them in this post, but it turned out I'm too stupied to get them uploaded.
So if you are interested in them please tell me how to get them on the web.

(in reply to Pete76)
Post #: 10
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 4/1/2012 8:43:11 PM   
Igard

Hey Ingo, you cant' upload png files to the forums, so you'll have to zip them. Use winzip or winrar for that, both have free versions.

Then use the 'Reply' button in the top right of a post. A window will open, at the bottom of the text box, you'll see a link 'Click here to upload!'. I think there is a 5MB limit, which should be more than enough for 4 ship images.

Hope this works.

(in reply to Ingo)
Post #: 11
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 4/5/2012 3:59:04 PM   
Ingo

So,
here are the ships I made - ok, to be honest I've just used pictures designed by others and turned them transparent, but that I did all on my own.

Ingo

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 12
RE: Stargate, SG1 years - 4/5/2012 9:18:40 PM   
Igard

Nice job, Ingo.

(in reply to Ingo)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Stargate, SG1 years Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI