Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/15/2012 1:49:43 PM   
Red Prince

I full intended to leave both of the TERR units in Damascus, giving them as many factors as possible with which to defend, but I decided to take a page out of Centuur's book. Leaving one in Damascus and sending the other toward Amman, Italy is now forced to react. Damascus is going to fall, one way or another, but France might be able to win Transjordan for its own for a short while. There are a bunch of options, and it will depend on the length of the turn, but at least now Italy has to react.

Attachment (1)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it!
-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1051
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/15/2012 1:58:55 PM   
Red Prince

Similarly, I've decided to abandon Mogodor. The Germans will get the port, but they'll also have to chase the French CAV down the coast. If they don't get that done before the USA enters the war, there will be some nice hexes that can be used as landings for HQ units . . . and then others. Of course, Germany isn't going to waste a bunch of ARM or MECH units on this task, since they need to cross North Africa to be ready for Barbarossa. But it still means committing 1 or 2 other units to the cause. Those hexes need to be German, so that the USA is forced to DOW Germany before Italy. That means this task can't be left to the Italians in the region.
-----
Edit: What this also means is that Italy is going to have to get a substantial naval force into Cape St. Vincent soon to make sure supply can get through to these hexes . . . at least until an HQ unit is available for that purpose.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Red Prince -- 1/15/2012 2:01:31 PM >

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it!
-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1052
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/15/2012 2:26:51 PM   
Red Prince

Other things that happened during the Allied impulse:

The USA sent 3 TRS into position to be able to deliver HQ-I Nimitz, a quality FTR, and a MAR to Pago Pago at the end of the turn.
The USSR began its efforts to form a defense, screening Odessa (as suggested) and rebasing some more of its airforce into safer locations.
France and the CW sent out most of the Convoys needed to sustain CW production levels.
The CW once again failed to find those sneaky Germans in the N. Atlantic, but the Germans were so busy hiding that they couldn't find the CW either.
Due to the poor weather, an attempt to win back the North Sea was put on hold. I probably won't attempt it until more of the fleet has arrived (next turn).
The Indian INF debarked into Suez and wil hopefully be able to hold on for the rest of the turn.

And, that crafty AOI Territorial -- the one that has been galavanting across E. Africa with so much freedom -- has finally been halted in his tracks! Though it's now OOS, the South African TERR was able to get into position to isolae the AOI devil. That means it will be out of commission until at least J/F '41, since it won't be able to reorganize at the end of this turn. If Wavell does survive long enoughto be evacuated, I can't think of a better place to send him than Beira, Mozambique. That's where the Cape Town ML is now (after a rail move). Granted, he won't be leading "real" units into battle, but he'll be out of harm's way and might even be able to reclaim some of the lost E. African territories.

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1053
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/15/2012 3:53:11 PM   
Red Prince

A slight change of plan for the Italians. Instead of a Land Action, they went ahead with the Combined Action and got fresh units into Tel Aviv and Beirut. The sooner they can finish off Damascus, the better. As for Japan, I decided I've been taking risks all game anyway, so what's one more?

The attacks for impulse #5:

And the results:

Attack on Sian: Assault, Fractional Odds .513 (Yes), Roll = 8 = -/1S (Converted to Retreat, GARR destroyed, INF retreated NW of Mao, attackers disorganized) USE-9 (no chit)
Attack on Damascus: Assault, Fractional Odds .217 (Yes), Roll = 1+1 = 2 = 1/1 (4-5 MOT destroyed, attackers disorganized)

Deep sigh of relief for the Japanese troops. They got the job done. And, although they are now disorganized, 2 of the units I moved into Sian were the MAR units that I'll want to rail to Canton for later invasions. Now that Mao and his few remaining troops are all disorganized and isolated, it's mop-up time (except for that MTN unit). Of greater benefit is that this now puts almost the entire Northern Front back into supply so that it can actually do the mop-up work.

My luck finally ran out for Italy (sort of). I grabbed Damascus, but at the cost of a Motorized Corps and 2 disorganized Oil-dependent units. Depending on how France chooses to move the remaining TERR next impulse, I may have even lost my shot at aligning Iraq this turn. I'm not too disappointed, though. That TERR will vanish when the turn ends, and it shouldn't be too difficult to regain Transjordan. It might mean postponing attacks on Suez, but that's okay by me. I still see this as "Mission Accomplished". [And not the way Bush meant it, either!]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Red Prince -- 1/15/2012 3:56:02 PM >

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1054
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/15/2012 4:12:15 PM   
Red Prince

To finish off the impulse, Germany rebased 2 LND to Alexandria and Italy rebased another LND into the area for a total of 11 factors of Ground Support. I was extremely eager to use HQ-I Yamamoto to reorganize 4 of the land units used in the attack on Sian, but forgot that it was a Combined Action. When I realized this, I decided not to "waste" him just yet.

After the victory at Sian, this is all that remains for the Chinese . . . Kunming. They can almost certainly hold out for the rest of this turn, and might even be able to hold the city next turn, too. Surrender is not an option! (Or is it?)

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1055
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/15/2012 4:22:13 PM   
Red Prince

The new weather rol doesn't really help anyone, and it doesn't really hurt anyone. The North Sea is now a better playground for the RAF, but should I dive in to that fight? The CVPs available are very weak. However, Germany probably can't get any FTR support into anything higher than the 2 Box, and maybe not even that, so it might be worth taking a shot at the German fleet.

I suppose the weather roll does help Japan a bit, since the HQ in the above post is now able to move again.

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1056
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/15/2012 7:15:16 PM   
Taxman66

I don't see a ground unit under the GE bomber. I think the French TERR should overrun that first/instead.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1057
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/15/2012 8:27:23 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

I don't see a ground unit under the GE bomber. I think the French TERR should overrun that first/instead.

"Italy ... fresh troops into Tel Aviv ...". A.k.a., Jaffa.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 1058
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/15/2012 9:59:28 PM   
Red Prince

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

"Italy ... fresh troops into Tel Aviv ...". A.k.a., Jaffa.

What Steve siad.

(Re-used image -- too lazy to take another shot)

Now, pretend the French have lost Damascus and the 2 units beside it are unavailable for further attacks. Also pretend there is a 5-3 INF in Jaffa/Tel Aviv (where the German LND is).

Being OOS, the French TERR get to make one more move this turn. That's going to disorganize it, but France doesn't care because with Damascus lost, the TERR is going to be taken off the map at the end of the turn anyway. So, the best move I think it can make now is through Amman to the hex SE of Jerusalem. The 5-3 Italian INF will be forced to move to Amman, and the MTN unit in Port Said will be ZOCed so that it can't reach Tranjordan. Even the inevitable 10:1 Assault on the poor TERR won't let it get into Tranjordan, which means that unlsess there are two more Axis impulses after that attack, Italy won't be able to activate Iraq this turn.

It's very unlikely that the turn will last that long, so this simple move means that something Italy was hoping to do in J/A '40 will have to wait until N/D '40. That's a clear victory, as I see it, and was only made possible by Italy rolling a '1' in the attack on Damascus. Any other roll, and there would still be a 3rd unit in Syria.

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 1059
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 10:58:32 AM   
Red Prince

ATTN: warspite1 (and all other CW fanatics out there)

You can stand proud, now! I decided to take a risk with the RN. Now that my CVs are loaded and eager to deploy, I chose to risk battle in the North Sea. And, guess what happened! Good rolls for the Commonwealth! In fact, the rolls were so good that I decided to take a somewhat unorthodox approch to the situation. Instead of selecting the Naval Air Combat that would be completely "safe" for the CW fleet, I chose to let my CVP remain on their CVs and let the fleet itself take care of business.

My reasoning for this odd choice? Well, here goes: Either way, as a Naval Air Combat or a Surface Combat, I'd start with the same Column on the CRT. However, since the German AA vs. 4 enemy aircraft gets the worst of 2 die rolls, I'd be forced to move down 1 column at a minimum, and at worst I might lose some aircraft! At the moment, I don't have any aircraft to spare, so why not let the navy take the beating? I can move up 4 columns, which absolutely gauruntees that at least 2 of the enemy ships will end up destroyed and the rest either damaged or aborted. At the same time, any RN ships that end up damaged in this action can eventually be repaired by that wealthy ally "across the pond".

So, prepare for the North Sea to be retaken! Here's what things look like after spending all 8 Surprise Points to Increase Columns. Check out the difference between the Original Result and the Expected Axis Losses.

I didn't happen to notice the change in power (typical American, aren't I?), but it looks like Chamberlain is out and Churchill is in.
-----
Edit: I rechecked, and it isn't absolute that 2 units will end up destroyed. If Germany is willing to take some risks (and we know that they are), it's more likely that all 5 units will end up in the Damaged Pool. As Germany, I'm still decideing which is the better option to attempt.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Red Prince -- 1/16/2012 11:02:41 AM >

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1060
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 11:15:27 AM   
Red Prince

Damaged ships come back faster, if you are willing to spend the BP on them. That was the deciding factor when it came to choosing the order to apply the Damage Risks to the German Navy. However, after the first roll, I started wondering if I was doing the right thing or not. After the second roll, I was sure that I'd chosen unwisely (those rolls were in favor of Germany, but way too close to being very bad for my tastes).

In the final tally, 4 of the 5 German ships ended up Damaged, and the 5th got Aborted. With the odds against them, there's no reason for the Germans to stick around.
The CW, on the other hand, lost the CL Dauntless (but that's what Light Cruisers are there for, right?) and couldn't maintain complete luck, seeing the BB Nelson suffer some damage (but that's what the Americans are there for, right?)

It is as close to a resounding victory as the CW has acheived all game.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Red Prince -- 1/16/2012 11:16:40 AM >

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1061
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 11:53:36 AM   
Red Prince

With 2 units now in Suez to occupy the Italians, and the French Syrian TERR causing some minor trouble in Transjordan, I took the opportunity to find some good defensive ground for HQ-A Wavell. It is a tactical retreat . . . he would never abandon his post! From this vantage point, high in the coastal desert mountains, he can watch the progress of the Italians near Suez, feel safe with his doubled defense factors (for now), and prepare to evacuate if N/D '40 sees Suez in enemy hands.

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1062
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 12:19:10 PM   
Red Prince

The Soviets rebased the last of their FTR force to "safe" locations behind the future front lines to end the impulse. This image uses the "low resolution" option. It gives you a better view of the units and is particularly useful for Zoom Levels 1-4 (this image uses Zoom 4). Now that the Communist Chinese are out of it, all future land moves before Barbarossa can be put toward building a defense that might actually hold the German forces at bay . . . for a while, anyway.

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1063
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 12:43:15 PM   
Red Prince

If you take a look at post #1062 above, you'll see that Italy has a bit of a decision to make. There are 8 factors in Suez, and these can be doubled with Shore Bombardment. Italy can put together a 2:1 attack against that, and has a 30% chance of HQ Support bumping the odds up a bit. With HQ-A Graziani involved, this can be made a Blitz attack (Suez isn't a city), and that gives 40%-50% odds of taking Suez. It would be higher, but the Combat Friction rule is in play, and they'll need those German Ground Support factors. This can be offset if I try a Ground Strike on the last unit, but the odds of success are low.

What to do, what to do. If I don't take Suez now, the CW might be encouraged to reinforce Wavell. If I do, he'll probably flee. I don't expect the odds to get much better -- this is Axis impulse #9, and the Allied impulse #11 will have a 50% chance of ending the turn. If that happens the disorganized unit in Suez gets re-organized. But even if I do take Suez now, both HQs are likely to be disorganized (80%-90% chance) and that is a full Oil Point used up to reorganize them. Italy is a little short on Oil right now . . .

Well, you know me. I like to take risks. At worst, I might lose a unit and fail to take Suez. So, the Cairo MIL can be destroyed and rebuilt. (Actually, at worst 2 units could die, but I'm hoping not to get another '1' roll, and even if that happens, it only removes 3 attack factors . . . and I can get 2 of those back at the start of next turn.

Looks like Italy is going to move up for the attack . . . beware, Suez, we're coming for you!
-----
I tried the Ground Strike, but rolled too high.

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1064
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 2:37:36 PM   
Red Prince

The risk might yet pay off, with Balbo successfully providing HQ Support to the attack on Suez. The other attack this impulse is just "mop-up" detail near Sian:

And the results:

Attack on China [74, 136]: Assault, Roll = Automatic
Attack on Suez: Blitz, Roll = 5+1 = 6 = -/R (attackers disorganized, defenders Retreat to the East) USE-2 (+1 chit, 226 [2]) Ja

I actually forgot that Italy would get a +1 to the die roll for an attacking HQ-A unit. Techinically, it is a +0.5 (as you can see) that gets rounded up. So, the odds were better than I thought they were. However, in my zeal to win Suez for the Italians, I missed something . . . I forgot the INF Division does not produce a ZOC, so 2 units that I thought would die are alive and well -- on the other side of the canal, and still able to trace supply for reorganization purposes. Can you see Wavell laughing up there in the desert mountains?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Red Prince -- 1/16/2012 2:38:39 PM >

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1065
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 2:48:01 PM   
Red Prince

Now, though, I can finally reorganize those 4 units in and near Sian that I wanted to get done last impulse. With my luck (Japan's actually, where reorganization is concerned), the Allies will end the turn after their next impulse and this will be 2 turns in a row of wasted reorganization.

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1066
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 2:53:01 PM   
Red Prince

So, we move on to impulse #11, and something tells me it's going to be a short winter:

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1067
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 3:22:19 PM   
Red Prince

And finally, finally, finally . . . the North Atlantic fleet comes out victorious, and the Commonwealth is rid of a pesky German CA. It was a semi-failed mission. The enemy cruiser should have been obliterated, but the rolls only resulted in a damaged ship. Doesn't matter. It won't be bothering the RN for a while, and combined with the earlier victory in the North Sea, most of the German fleet is sitting in the Repair Pool. How much do you think the Germans are actually going to spend on repairing those ships?

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1068
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 4:41:36 PM   
Red Prince

The turn didn't end, and so Axis impulse #13 began in the miserable weather. Italy made a feeble attempt to finish off the last CW ship in the W. Med, but failed to find it, and even in this Stormy Weather (no singing, please ) I managed to put together an attack that ought to eliminate Mao for good. The reason this is important has less to do with Mao and more to do with Partisans. You see, even Isolated and disorganized, he's got a ZOC that prevents some of the Japanese units from acting as Garrisons in China. This attack has a 70% chance of solving that problem, and a 90% chance of getting rid of Mao and his buddies:

And the results:

Attack on China [75, 136]: Assault, Roll = 9+2 = 11 = */2S

Ever hear of overkill? Anyway, the tactic worked. Aware that I couldn't mount an attack on Kunming this turn, I moved 3 of the 4 units there out of enemy ZOC. That brought the chance of a Partisan appearing down to 18% which is pretty good. Now, though, with Mao and his ZOC gone, there is only a 3% chance of a Chinese Partisan showing up.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Red Prince -- 1/16/2012 4:42:37 PM >

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1069
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 4:59:55 PM   
Red Prince

With a 70% chance to end the turn, the Allies really wanted it to happen. They needed the first impulse this turn, but also wanted to preserve the initiative. Lucky for them, the die roll was a '6' and the S/O '40 turn is at an end, each side getting 4 impulses to try to screw with the other.

Here's the weather report for Turn #7:

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1070
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 5:10:09 PM   
Red Prince

For all that happened this turn, very few units were actually destroyed in S/O '40 (Turn #7):

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1071
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 5:20:30 PM   
Red Prince

The USA got a wonderful draw for its Entry chit, a '3' in the Ja Entry Pool. I'd love to take the Option to Repair Western Allies Ships, but I don't want to move a chit, being so close to the numbers I'll need to Pass War Appropriations.

With only Kunming remaining for the Chinese, and probably a short winter on the way (+2 to the next weather roll), I'm starting to wonder if China should consider a Surrender after all. A Chinese surrender gets a chit for the USA (at least?) and forces Japan to attempt to build up to its next attacks during the short winter months. Also, if Japan decides to DOW the USSR quickly, that gives the Soviets free reign to set up its defenses as it pleases, has a 70% chance of adding yet another chit (thus bringing the USA that much closer to war), and forces at least some of the Japanese troops and an HQ to move off to Siberia.

Without a Chinese surrender, the USA gains nothing, the Soviets remain limited in their Actions, and Japan is free to move into position for its next phase of the war. In this case, of course, it still needs to keep some units around the Sian area to keep that MTN unit under control, and it will probably also want to try to finish off Kunming in order to open up a land route to Southeast Asia.
----
Edit: I suppose I could also take a chance at Re-opening the Burma Road (10%) but it seems pointless, and if I do need tension later, I can always use this by boosting the value up.
-----
Anyway, here are the US Entry Options available (I'm going to pick Chinese Build Aircraft, just because I can):

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Red Prince -- 1/16/2012 5:35:17 PM >

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1072
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 5:32:10 PM   
Red Prince

I forgot to add the Entry Pools to the previous image:
-----
Edit: I'm taking a break that may or may not last until tomorrow, so any thoughts are likely to be considered when I complete the End of Turn sequence.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Red Prince -- 1/16/2012 5:39:05 PM >

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1073
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 6:19:02 PM   
Orm

I would not surrender China at this point. But I suppose you already know how I feel about this.

Lots of fun stuff happened this turn as well. Keep up the good work.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1074
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 6:32:35 PM   
Centuur

I wouldn't surrender China in this turn or the next, since chit value in 1940 is low. Apart from this: Kunming is a defense of India at this moment and it's in the mountains. So no surrender. Also: are there still any Nationalist/Communist cities in China? That might give the Japanese problems, since reinforcements can go there. Ankang comes in mind (nice, a city in the mountains. Double defense...). The Japanese cannot move units out of China, before it is conquered or before they have taken all cities still under Chinese control, if they don't want to conquer China.
To bad you didn't reopen the Burma Road for a resource to be send to China. It would have been nice to put a cheap Chinese unit on the spiral, just to keep the Japanese a little nervous. Where is that unit going to appear (especially if it is a Communist...).

By the way: did Wavell move further south in Egypt in the last Allied impulse (if there was a combined or land impuse)? Did the Syrians capture Amman in that impulse? Are the Germans chasing the French CAV in Morocco (and with what)? I'm just curious, you know.

Peter

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1075
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 6:32:45 PM   
Red Prince

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

I would not surrender China at this point. But I suppose you already know how I feel about this.

Lots of fun stuff happened this turn as well. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I'm thinking J/F if at all. Better chit values at that point. It's a balance, though, between 2 winter turns of hindering Japanese movement vs. or trying for the better chits . . .

Japan need only take one more city in order to get the full resource potential out of China, and may not think it's worth it. We'll see what the weather looks like come November, I guess.

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1076
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 6:41:45 PM   
Red Prince

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

I wouldn't surrender China in this turn or the next, since chit value in 1940 is low. Apart from this: Kunming is a defense of India at this moment and it's in the mountains. So no surrender. Also: are there still any Nationalist/Communist cities in China? That might give the Japanese problems, since reinforcements can go there. Ankang comes in mind (nice, a city in the mountains. Double defense...). The Japanese cannot move units out of China, before it is conquered or before they have taken all cities still under Chinese control, if they don't want to conquer China.
To bad you didn't reopen the Burma Road for a resource to be send to China. It would have been nice to put a cheap Chinese unit on the spiral, just to keep the Japanese a little nervous. Where is that unit going to appear (especially if it is a Communist...).

By the way: did Wavell move further south in Egypt in the last Allied impulse (if there was a combined or land impuse)? Did the Syrians capture Amman in that impulse? Are the Germans chasing the French CAV in Morocco (and with what)? I'm just curious, you know.

To try to answer the questions, I still can Re-Open the Burma Road if I want to (saved it before closing the form). Thing is, the Japanese can close it physically in a mere impulse or two.

Yes, Wavell is working his way south.

They Syrian TERR took Amman and moved beyond, to prevent Italy from activating Iraq. Since it went beyond, the Italian INF retook it (which it could easily have done anyway, with the TERR isolated and disorganized.

The Germans sent an ARM Division down the coast, chasing the French CAV away. The Italians now have a NAV in Cape St. Vincent, so an HQ wasn't necessary. I'll post images of all of this onece I've done my usual reports. At the moment HQ-A Guderian is halfway across Algeria, with 3 MECH/ARM Corps and another division. I've sort of counted it out, and it should take about 4-5 more impulses to get this group over to Egypt/Palestine.
-----
Edit: Actually, I'm going to change my standard . . . I usually post images after reinforcements arrive, but I'll go through the areas of note and post a few now instead.

< Message edited by Red Prince -- 1/16/2012 6:43:47 PM >

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 1077
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 6:50:14 PM   
Red Prince

Here's what is going on in Morocco:

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1078
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 6:52:22 PM   
Red Prince

And the crossing of Algeria:

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1079
RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) - 1/16/2012 6:56:10 PM   
Red Prince

The big "oops" at the Suez Canal (not to be mistaken with the shootout at the O.K. Corral):

Attachment (1)

-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 1080
Page:   <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: MWiF Global War Hot-Seat (AAR) Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI