Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stuck In v1.4, Can't Download 2.0, and Matrix I am willing to pay for a disc

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Stuck In v1.4, Can't Download 2.0, and Matrix I am willing to pay for a disc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stuck In v1.4, Can't Download 2.0, and Matrix I am will... - 11/13/2002 12:24:15 AM   
Gary Gossett

I give up!

After 5 attempts to download via True Update. 7AM Sunday, 1PM Sunday, 7PM Sunday, 3:15AM Monday and 6:30 AM Monday (all times Pacific TZ) I get the message after several hours.

"Failed to receive FTP File (#15 Line2)'

Then after reading about the direct link I tried that three times

1:30PM Monday, 5:30PM Monday and finally 9PM Monday and get the message.
That the download is complete after 24.5MB and 1 hr 59Min.

But when I try to get in to unzip to see what was received, I get message.

" End of Central Direction signature not found"

We hear a lot about Matrix customer service and as a frustrated customer I am looking forward to experiencing it again.

Here is what I expect.

I would like Matrix to send me a 2.0 patch disc.
I am willing to pay whatever they think is fair to cover the expense and distribution costs of the disc. I have seen other gamers offer to do this but I really think Matrix should be responsible for this.

So, Matrix please provide we a link and the cost of the patch disc and I will send payment.

Looking forward to getting on with my PBEM games.

Thanks in advance.

ps In the future if all this is caused by having too many folks trying to download at once, I would hope that a message would pop up AT THE BEGINNING that the server is maximized not after being into it several hours. Its like standing in line for several hours only to be told when you get to the door that the room is full-NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY.
Post #: 1
- 11/13/2002 8:08:57 AM   
Ross Moorhouse

Gary : I am on the pone to David Heath right now and he is looking at the servers as we speak. There are only 2 people downloaing the patch and none using TrueUpdate. So if you cant get on or the d/l drops out can i suggest you contact your ISP and see if their is a problem at their end.

We also can't make CDs of the patch sorry. If someone wans to do this and mail it to you that is fine.

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

(in reply to Gary Gossett)
Post #: 2
- 11/13/2002 1:17:56 PM   
Don H

I have been trying for days to download 2.0 I'm using Getright and got to 75% complete now for two days I'm getting server busy message I'm trying as I write this reply. I can download other things from other sights, but not yours so maybe the problem is on your end.

Post #: 3
- 11/13/2002 4:24:08 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

Ok we will have another look at the server.

Cheers

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com

Post #: 4
- 11/14/2002 1:50:18 AM   
Don H

Ross I don't know what you did but was able to connect this morning 10:00am PT and I'm up to 96%. Now only if my copy of UV I ordered last week would show up today everything would be perfect. Thanks for your quick response.

Post #: 5
- 11/14/2002 4:09:31 AM   
Gary Gossett

I have two additional questions:

For those of us on the outside of 2.0 looking in and wanting to re-join the party.

1. Which version are new UV discs? If they are in fact v2.0 I would be willing to pay to get the 2.0 update by purchasing a new game.
2. Has any thought been put into to spilting the monster upgrade into two more palatable pieces? In my case I get to 25.4MB or 2 hours and the process shuts down. If there were 2-20MB pieces as an option that might help.

From the lack of feedback on this issue I am beginning to think that I may the only guy on the planet that can't get upgradeed to 2.0

And yes Ross, I thried to update at 5:30 PM yesterday via True Update and got the same message as before.

Post #: 6
FTP blocked - 11/14/2002 5:02:11 PM   
msaario

My employer seems to block FTP downloads so I cannot access the v2.0 update. I was able to download the previous patches, so they must have been http downloadable??

Is there any chance to download the patch through http? I cannot use the True Update as my gaming rig has no internet connection!

Now I am stuck with 1.40...

--Mikko

Post #: 7
Re: FTP blocked - 11/14/2002 5:25:42 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

[QUOTE]Originally posted by msaario
[B]My employer seems to block FTP downloads so I cannot access the v2.0 update. I was able to download the previous patches, so they must have been http downloadable??

Is there any chance to download the patch through http? I cannot use the True Update as my gaming rig has no internet connection!

Now I am stuck with 1.40...

--Mikko [/B][/QUOTE]

Its on the downloads page now. Has been for a few days .. :D

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com

Post #: 8
Ver 2.0 download - 11/16/2002 10:11:46 AM   
Terry Kelly

I have also tried a number of times to dowload Ver 2.0. I have in the past been able to download without a problem. Now I get a error 503 No Anonomous FTP allowed out of Netscape 7.0. With IE 5.5 I get a server error. As I have said I have never had a problem in the past and do not believe that my ISP is the problem. If need be I can hook up a sniffer and send you folks a trace. Up to now you have provided 1st rate support. I hope I can continue to say that in the future.

Post #: 9
- 11/17/2002 12:34:49 AM   
Paul Vebber

I just tested the downloads page from IE and had no trouble (5 for 5 downloads started immediately) if it were our server then problems would occur for everybody...

If you go to our web page, go to downloads, go to the UV sections and click the link, the download will start.

We do have a connection limit so there may be times when you get an "internet busy signal" which could appear as you describe, but a few tries should get you to an "open line".

As I write this, plenty of "lines" appear open.

Check your firewall, or Netscape settings (I personally hate netscape as it has given me all sorts of problems in the past..) I have Norton INternet security running and have designated Matrix site as a "low security risk". Never have a problem.

Post #: 10
- 11/20/2002 7:34:22 AM   
Terry Kelly

Thanks for the reply to my post. I was able to download Ver 2.0 a few days later with no changes needed to Netscape 7.0. This seems to point to a problem on your end. I have also had problems with Netscape in the past (6.0 was a dog.) but have had no problems with 7.0. In fact last week at work the only way we were able to download a fix for IE 6 from MS was to use Netscape 7.0 since our Co. standard IE 5.5/6.0 was unable to access it on the MSDN site.

In any event I look forward to WITP when it comes out.

Post #: 11
- 11/22/2002 4:31:26 PM   
m10bob

I too am unable to get TrueUpadate to secure the upgrade.It will download,but it gives me an error #16,line 2 mssg.(failed file verification)..I have also downloaded the entire upgrade using "Getright",but it fails to open on it's own and locks up my cpu....I posted the details of this problem last week in the "TECH SUPPORT FOR GAMERS" area,but with at least 17 "viewers" to my thread,have actually recieved no "TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR GAMERS".......
I can live without the upgrade because the game is great "as is",but while an "improvement" is out there,I'd like to have it too.(Just trying to keep up with the Jones's,yuh know?).....
Keep up the good work....:p

Post #: 12
- 11/23/2002 10:23:57 AM   
David Heath

Those errors you stated are all bad downloads. There is nothing we can do for you. Try downloading it at a friends.

David

Post #: 13
- 11/23/2002 3:26:54 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

[QUOTE]Originally posted by m10bob
[B]I too am unable to get TrueUpadate to secure the upgrade.It will download,but it gives me an error #16,line 2 mssg.(failed file verification)..I have also downloaded the entire upgrade using "Getright",but it fails to open on it's own and locks up my cpu....I posted the details of this problem last week in the "TECH SUPPORT FOR GAMERS" area,but with at least 17 "viewers" to my thread,have actually recieved no "TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR GAMERS".......
I can live without the upgrade because the game is great "as is",but while an "improvement" is out there,I'd like to have it too.(Just trying to keep up with the Jones's,yuh know?).....
Keep up the good work....:p [/B][/QUOTE]

We look in at the Tech Support but "Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers
Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware." it's there for you all to help each other.

As David said can we suggest that you try to d/l via a friends PC if they have a CD Burner so you can then get the patch to your match. Or even better extract the patch into a folder of your choice and then burn the contents of the patch to a CD. Then just copy and paste the patch into your UV game.

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com

Post #: 14
- 11/24/2002 2:56:54 AM   
m10bob

Cognizant of the last two responses to my post..........
I'm using a stock Compaq (off the shelf) CPU,and my "carrier" is AOL...I have tried the download AND "Trueupdate" each approx 10 times.....Every single time I have gotten exactly the same results..
While I do not feel having purchased the game gives me any particular rights to "running the company",I was hoping for a more viable alternative..
I am also aware the "Tech support for gamers by gamers" is not an "official" Matrix tech support thread,but in the past Matrix had gone out of it's way to be receptive to problems....
While you have stated you feel there is nothing Matrix can do to help,I hope this feeling is not final..........
ANY help I might get with this problem would be greatly appreciated..My e-mail address is on file,and I have been a Matrix supporter a long time.(Please do not be mis-lead by the current "recognized" number of postings,nor the "sign up date"......I'm an "old-dog" in more ways than one........Bob

Post #: 15
Re: Re: FTP blocked - 11/24/2002 3:58:17 AM   
msaario

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse
[B]

Its on the downloads page now. Has been for a few days .. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

I have tried to download the patch several times now and it fails every time. I have tried at various times and days of the week. The error I get is "the site is unavailable or cannot be found". Strange.

It used to work before. I guess I have ask a friend?

--MIkko

Post #: 16
- 11/24/2002 5:06:19 AM   
msaario

Patience pays :)

It works after the umpteenth try, so you guys are just busy serving files, aren't you?

--Mikko

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Stuck In v1.4, Can't Download 2.0, and Matrix I am willing to pay for a disc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI