Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE Page: <<   < prev  187 188 [189] 190 191   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 8:28:50 AM   
CaptBeefheart

This might be a golden opportunity for a para-shock attack since your troops look to be in good shape (maybe put 43ID in reserve, the rest on shock) . However, I don't have any experience with that so will defer to someone who does.

All I can say is bold moves in this particular game seem to be well rewarded and definitely add to the entertainment value.

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 5641
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 8:29:42 AM   
obvert

If the infantry aren't being touched by the bombing of them directly, then maybe the bombers should concentrate on attacking the airfield and port instead of the troops. If those are damaged each turn to 100 the forts shouldn't build, right?

Post #: 5642
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 8:38:51 AM   
CaptBeefheart

Obvert: I would agree. Some bombers should be directed at the airfield and port to keep him from being able to rebuild his forts.

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 5643
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 10:08:02 AM   
Miller

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Greyjoy, I just don't get it. If not kamikazes now, when? He should have had a 1,000 suicide aircraft of all types in the air that turn. I am not sure if Rader is planning to use them at all. But I can't figure out why.

He lost nearly 200 D4Y4 Judys in conventional attacks that turn, these should be reserved solely for kamikaze work due to their 800kg payload.........

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 5644
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 10:33:38 AM   
DTurtle

You will not be able to throw him out of Aikita with one or two attacks. He has way too many forces and his forts will be too high in order to achieve that. You now have two places which he has to strongly reinforce in order to be able to hold. A shock attack will just mean that you will take that much longer to recover from the attack, and that much longer for him to reinforce. You were able to lower the forts at your first landing site against a much larger enemy force. After looking at the results of your first deliberate attack, you will be in a position to know if a shock attack is worth it in the second attack.

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 5645
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 10:46:23 AM   
Canoerebel

DTurtle is right. Deliberate attack here.

Use your paratroops.

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 5646
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 10:56:45 AM   
EUBanana

If he lands more supplies arent the CD guns going to have another pop on him unless he's captured the base?

How long can he maintain his beachhead without resupply/reinforcements?

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 5647
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 10:58:11 AM   
EUBanana

If this turns into a seriously protracted affair I guess bombing the armaments factories flat is the way to go.

Does that influence Japanese reinforcement divisions, if IJ has no armaments in their pool? or is it only replacements?

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 5648
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 11:04:49 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

DTurtle is right. Deliberate attack here.

Use your paratroops.

Sorry i don't understand. If i use my paratroops they will cause a shock attack...so how can i deliberate and shock at the same time?!?!

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 5649
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 11:06:26 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

If the infantry aren't being touched by the bombing of them directly, then maybe the bombers should concentrate on attacking the airfield and port instead of the troops. If those are damaged each turn to 100 the forts shouldn't build, right?

Damages is being already caused by my Navy...no need to use bombers for that at the moment...

Last run i caused nearly 1500 casualities with my LBA bombers...not a lot, i know...but surely some distruption is created and every drop matters in this case...

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 5650
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 11:08:03 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DTurtle

You will not be able to throw him out of Aikita with one or two attacks. He has way too many forces and his forts will be too high in order to achieve that. You now have two places which he has to strongly reinforce in order to be able to hold. A shock attack will just mean that you will take that much longer to recover from the attack, and that much longer for him to reinforce. You were able to lower the forts at your first landing site against a much larger enemy force. After looking at the results of your first deliberate attack, you will be in a position to know if a shock attack is worth it in the second attack.

I know but in 2 turns (4 days) he will be able to strongly reinforce Aikita with endless divisions...i made a huge mistake not understanding the movement system on contested hex...i thought, once contested, the movements were forbidden...boy how wrong was i....

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 5651
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 11:13:18 AM   
GreyJoy

...and next turn it will be a slaughter in the air...i bet he will throw everything and the kitchen sink against me...so the next one will probably be a decisive run...statlemate or victory...

...i'm tempted, very tempted, to play all my cards now in a shock attack...

Let's say i deliberate attack and i get a 1-1 with forts down to 6 (hoping they are not above 7) and a 1-2 the following day...then i'll have to rest for more than a week probably...a week will be enough for Rader to send some 100k men from Hachinoe to Aikita (at the moment there are 400k men at Hachinoe, 4500 guns and 5000 vehicles)...which will clearly stop any further operation...

what's the scenario you're imaging in suggesting to deliberate now and shock in two days from now?

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 5652
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 11:26:49 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

If he lands more supplies arent the CD guns going to have another pop on him unless he's captured the base?

if only supply is unloaded then he can do that in the face of CD guns as long as he wants to. I have never seen CD guns actually firing at ships only unloading supply even though a combat replay pops up to be finished instantly. Don't know if it's a bug or just my version of he game but all those invasions my opponents and me have done has the CD crews just watching the enemy happily unloading supplies.

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 5653
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 11:29:47 AM   
EUBanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

if only supply is unloaded then he can do that in the face of CD guns as long as he wants to. I have never seen CD guns actually firing at ships only unloading supply even though a combat replay pops up to be finished instantly. Don't know if it's a bug or just my version of he game but all those invasions my opponents and me have done has the CD crews just watching the enemy happily unloading supplies.

Ah yes, I remember seeing this myself. I think you only see Invasion Support Action events rather than actually unloading I think?

Post #: 5654
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 11:31:09 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

...and next turn it will be a slaughter in the air...i bet he will throw everything and the kitchen sink against me...so the next one will probably be a decisive run...statlemate or victory...

Let's say i deliberate attack and i get a 1-1 with forts down to 6 (hoping they are not above 7) and a 1-2 the following day...then i'll have to rest for more than a week probably...a week will be enough for Rader to send some 100k men from Hachinoe to Aikita (at the moment there are 400k men at Hachinoe, 4500 guns and 5000 vehicles)...which will clearly stop any further operation...

what's the scenario you're imaging in suggesting to deliberate now and shock in two days from now?

others sure disagree with me but IMO a shock attack will wreck your units and a deliberate attack will have the same effect as at Hachinoe, wrecking your units only to some degree. In both places, I don't see a way to break through which brings me back to my thinking right before all the invasion of Japan started, the Allied land, are bogged down and that's it and it pretty much mirrors all invasions I have seen so far, if the Allied aren't able to land at halve a dozen places in short order to take some bases and exploit that the invasion has failed.

Can only hope the other posters in your great AAR are right and I am wrong.

< Message edited by castor troy -- 1/18/2012 11:32:49 AM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 5655
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 11:53:24 AM   
jeffs

Shock only works once you have weakened him...I agree with Castor..It would be a panic move that would then give him the chance to slaughter you.
Dont give into temptation Stay away from the darkside Luke!

To quote from Evans/Peattie`s {Kaigun}
"Mistakes in operations and tactics can be corrected, but
political and strategic mistakes live forever". The authors were refering to Japan but the same could be said of the US misadventure in Iraq

Post #: 5656
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 11:57:18 AM   
Itdepends

As my opponent can attest- shock attack on 2 day turns can be very nasty. I've had a number of occasions in China where FatR has shock attacked and achieved 1:1 on the first day and then (due to disruption) achieved 1:2 or less on the second day (shock attack) that makes a mess of the attackers.

(in reply to jeffs)
Post #: 5657
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 11:59:02 AM   
Canoerebel

Shock attack will almost certainly have catastrophic results for you.

Deliberate attack might weaken the enemy enough - bringing down forts and causing disruption - to make further attacks in the near term effective.  There's even an outside chance that the first attack will be successful enough that you could follow up with a shock attack next time.

But failed shock attacks are disastrous and would probably ruin your army.  And this attack would almost certainly fail.

Rader's got more problems than you may realize.  In addition to needing to reinforce Akaita, he also has to worry about Hachinoe, where he has his hands full with a good Allied army that already brought forts down.  He can't just shift everything to Akaita, though undoubtedly he will reinforce as soon as possible.  Set bombers to hit the road in between to slow the transfer of troops. 

I thought you could shock attack with paras and deliberate attack with your ground troops.  I know I've ordered this combination before and it seemed to go off without a hitch.  But it's been awhile and I can't swear that the ground attack wasn't converted into a shock attack when the paras dropped.  But I'm pretty sure that didn't happen.

Good luck!

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 1/18/2012 12:00:25 PM >

(in reply to jeffs)
Post #: 5658
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 12:18:36 PM   
GreyJoy

I can shock with paras and deliberate with the rest of my troops? Will it work that way? Does anybody know for certain?

Thx guys...

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 5659
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 12:21:05 PM   
beppi

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

quote:

Canoe, we disagree on the outcome of a prolonged fight, but this is nothing bad. I would really like to have a turn with the passwords just to run the turns with everything turned off and have the Allied doing a deliberate attack every 7th day for the next 10 weeks. I would bet the Allied would get wiped out, you would bet they would take the base. Would be a nice bet.

Well, there are many factors. Air support and naval bombardments will eventually make a difference. If GJ can keep the Japanese disrupted then the casualtie rate can eventually change. I don't see were GJ can continue to take losses such as his first whack but he has both superior and more numerous guns and tanks and I have seen that combined air support make the difference over a prolonged fight. However, I do agree that it will take a very long time and if Rader can reinforce and more important maintain his flow of supply, then he can hold that spot for a very long time if not forever. If this is all GJ has then I am not sure he can win. If he can crack open another base then that is different. All of us who worship the genius of the Greyjoy....have faith.

yes, but guys, don't you realize that GJ's air attacks are do next to nothing??? He sends hundreds of bombers on ground attack and the 250.000 defending Japanese take 12 disabled squads. You actually know what that means? That means they also take next to no disruption! Why? Because they are sitting behind enough forts to make this happen. Ok, you might say now take down the forts but with such a force even the Japanese are able to build forts at an unbelievable pace. That's why I said it's a hopeless undertaking to go through the wall here.

Anyway, GJ lands at another place now, which is the way to go.

Last two 4E attacks on Hachinoe where logs are available resulted in 233 and 312 disabled squads/veh/guns. So i still do no see a problem there. And if you want to soften up something you have to use 2E/4E and not carrier strikes.

And the last concentrated naval bombardment resulted in > 100 disabled in 1 day squads too.
I do not know where you get your numbers from ....

< Message edited by beppi -- 1/18/2012 12:22:52 PM >

Post #: 5660
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 12:21:46 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

quote:

Sorry but i'm 100% sure it doesn't work this way.

I had several only supplies convoys (reported in the combat report) composed only of xAKs that were targetted by CD guns both here at Aikita and at Hachinoe... and they got wrecked!

Post #: 5661
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 12:22:05 PM   
kfsgo

Interesting situation. A few thoughts:

- While the timetable for this occupation is very tight, conceptually it shouldn't be. For example:

Normandy landings took place on June 6. They reached Paris August 25 (if the internet isn't lying to me). Distance from Caen to Paris is about 120 miles. So, speed of advance was about a mile and a half per day, on average. Not much to a WITP mindset, is it? Hachinohe to Akita obviously is about 90 miles, though the terrain is actually very rugged.

I guess rather than writing out a whole wall of text I would pose these questions, predicated on the idea that you won't capture either of the bases in the short term (I would hope that you will get at least one of them, in practice, but as a thought exercise) - I have no idea what the answers to them are, but maybe someone will:

- What is the daily supply usage of your units currently ashore, in combat and in bombardment?
- How long can you meet that need for, assuming no excessive losses in transport?

- What is the daily supply usage of the Japanese army presently engaged, in combat and in bombardment?
- How long can Japan meet that need for, assuming fuel and resource shipments to Japan remain fairly stable (since Japanese control of the Japan-NEI corridor remains pretty good)?

You can probably guess what I'm thinking about in asking them. You're worried about 60+ new Japanese divisions; it seems to me that they don't mean so much much if they don't have anything to eat or shoot - and, obviously, they're going to need a much greater amount of supplies to operate in combat than sitting around waiting for combat. Is it in Allied or Japanese ability to support a long-term fight logistically - and if it is, is there anything you can do that will change that?

Post #: 5662
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 12:22:46 PM   
GreyJoy

Beppi what do you think about the "para shock and Inf deliberate" option? Will it work?

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 5663
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 12:31:17 PM   
beppi

quote:

Beppi what do you think about the "para shock and Inf deliberate" option? Will it work?

Wait a few minutes, i am doing right now some heavy number crunching

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 5664
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 12:37:57 PM   
kfsgo

Ok, in thinking about this I had a look around. I guess Japan at this point should control something like 10,000LI and 8000HI centers, so I guess supply production will be about 30,000t per day once you factor in oil refineries. Think you're burning up more than that per day?

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 5665
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 12:54:57 PM   
castor troy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry but i'm 100% sure it doesn't work this way.

I had several only supplies convoys (reported in the combat report) composed only of xAKs that were targetted by CD guns both here at Aikita and at Hachinoe... and they got wrecked!

could never make it happen in my games, neither me nor my opponents. And looking at your Akita landing I also can't find what you are saying above.

< Message edited by castor troy -- 1/18/2012 1:00:48 PM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 5666
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 2:00:25 PM   
beppi

So,

so thoughts about the situation at Akita:

We know from the last bombardment that the raw non adjusted numbers are:

Attacking force 107396 troops, 1373 guns, 260 vehicles, Assault Value = 4073
Defending force 170682 troops, 3421 guns, 4216 vehicles, Assault Value = 6366

so the allies have a solid lead with 2300 AV at the situation. They have a big lead
in artillery and they have a very big lead in armored vehicles.

So now lets take a look at the filtered units. So decisions should not be done on just the raw amount of units cause there are a lot of engeneering stuff/AA units and so on.
I have removed all AA Units, Base forces, HQs and so on:

We have a:

77th Division
4th Tank Division
Karafuto Mixed Brigade
47th Division
42nd Division
70th Ind.Mixed Brigade
50th Ind.Mixed Brigade
19th Division
10th Ind.Mixed Regiment
18th Division
81st Division
86th Naval Guard Unit
4th Amphibious Brigade
2nd Depot Division
6th Ind. Field Artillery Battalion
11th Ind. Field Artillery Battalion
10th Ind. Field Artillery Battalion
1st Mobile Field Artillery Regiment
15th Ind.Medium Field Artillery Regiment
3rd Ind. Mountain Gun Regiment
31st Mountain Gun Regiment
2nd Ind. Mountain Gun Regiment
21st Medium Field Artillery Battalion
11th Field Artillery Regiment
2nd Ind. Field Artillery Regiment
2nd Mortar Battalion

vs

3rd Marine Division
5th USMC Tank Battalion
31st Infantry Division
93rd Infantry Division
34th Combat Engineer Regiment
29th Marine Regiment
I Corps Cmbt Engineer Regiment
2nd USMC Amphb Tank Battalion
671th Tank Destroyer Battalion
632nd Tank Destroyer Battalion
77th Infantry Division
2nd British Division
22nd Marine Regiment
754th Tank Battalion
711th Tank Battalion
4th USMC Tank Battalion
3rd USMC Tank Battalion
762nd Tank Battalion
4th Marine Division
18th Canadian Brigade
193rd Tank Battalion
IV Corps Engineer Battalion
7th Infantry Div /2
82nd (West African) Division
33rd Infantry Division
41st Infantry Division
1st Marine Division
43rd Infantry Div /3
134th Field Artillery Battalion
10th USMC Field Artillery Battalion
198th Field Artillery Battalion
251st Field Artillery Battalion
4th USMC Field Artillery Battalion
XIV Corps Artillery
XI Corps Artillery
205th Field Artillery Battalion
7th USMC Field Artillery Battalion
181st Field Artillery Regiment
2nd USMC Field Artillery Battalion
148th Field Artillery Battalion
168th Field Artillery Regiment
225th Field Artillery Battalion
97th Field Artillery Battalion
2/13th Field Regiment
147th Field Artillery Regiment

So the allies have a massive lead in armored units and a massive artillery lead. Which is quite important.

I assume that the two partial allied units are finally unloaded prior to the attack. We do not know any forts but lets assume there are lvl 6+ forts. As the biggest drawback this position is not open terrain. We have forest which gives a x2 modifier (i cannot crosscheck that in game right now, at least i hope it is not a x3 forest).

From the first japanese bombardement went quite well for the allies loss wise.

So as the reader wants he can skip the following thoughts as they are just some number crunching and theory crafting. As always that information might be right or might be wrong.

Some scenarios is tested to show how a shock attack works and especially what is important for it.

I will shortly describe how from my point of view a shock combat round works. First each side bombards each other. Then with a shock the defender combat units get a free fire round on the attacker. Then the combat units attack each other in a random way. The engine has some massive limits as it tends to concentrates the normal combat attacks on some units which get hit very massive and often with large stacks even a division can become completely disabled while other divisions only suffer 15 or 20 disabled squads.

Scen 1:

Defender 4 divisions = 1600 AV, some HQs, everything prepped and nothing else and level 6 forts. Open terrain.
Attacker 6 divisions = 2400AV, some HQs, everything prepped and nothing else.

So we assume a shock attack from the attacker. From my testing i would assume the adjusted AV around 4000 against 3500 or so, so just a 1:1. Attacker will bring a fort down, maybe two and will suffer around 2:1 disabled squads. If it is the first attack with fresh units usually there aren't many destroyed squads. If we take a deliberate attack it is even possible that you get better odds as the free firing passes disrupt a lot of units and your adjusted AV suffer.

Scen 2:

Defender: as Scen 1
Attacker: as Scen 1 + 30 different artillery units

So lets assume a shock here too. What happens now ? During the initial artillery phase the attacker hits much much harder. It suppresses a lot of combat power of the defender during the initial bombardment phase. (That does not mean the units are disabled after the combat, just suppressed during the combat as there is always some recovery). From my testing i would estimate the final adjusted odds as around 1500 - 1700 AV for the defender and as there isnt't as much disabling during the free firing pass around 5000 AV for the attacker which leads to around 3:1 for the attacker. Now if you do a paradrop too i would estimate the adjusted numbers to up to 7000 : 1600 which is a solid 4:1. That 4:1 does not mean that you will cause much more losses to the defender but usually the disabled squads drop down to 1:1 or even better for the allies AND you take down much more forts.

So end of theory crafting back to Akita.
What is the situation now?

- You have around 4 days unit reinforcements come in
- You have an advantage in artillery and a very big advantage in armor
- You are in good supply.

So if you do a deliberate attack now you might get a 2:1 or 3:1, if you do a para deliberate you might even get a 3:1 or 4:1. But the chances are low that you will get a high enough modifier to overcome the forts during the first attack. You will bring down the forts by 1 maybe 2 (and i am still no sure if it is possible to bring down forts more than one with a deliberate attack which does no capture the base, but as always i might be wrong). You will suffer quite a lot of disabled squads, as the enemy does maybe even lower than him. But you will accumulate disruption, usually more than your enemy. Then after the two turn round you can either continue to deliberate which can be quite close to cap the base then, try a shock which will be deadly as disrupted units take massive losses during a shock or just rest.
If you do a para deliberate your paratroopers will get completely mauled. I assume the other posters are right and you get a double attack value, but as the paras shock alone they will suffer most of the free firing pass. And i am quite sure cause i experienced it on my own, a single unit shocking with the rest deliberate is deadly. And then the paras are gone, which means no more shock drops in the future (if you dont drop a bde to get the drop bonus).

So if you do a classic shock drop. What will happen ? You have the edge on artillery and a big lead on armor (quantity and quality), you have a 2k AV advantage. So during the initial assault i expect quite a lot of disabled squads but not that much destroyed. But you play two day turns which sucks with shock attacks. On the second day it massively depends on the first day. If you get good odds like 3:1 or 4:1 you might bring 3 or 4 levels of forts down which help quite a lot during the second assault. You do not fight in open terrain which is quite a drawback as you can always assume and organic fort of level 3 which you cannot bring down. If the first day goes bad and you only get a 2:1 the second day will become deadly and you can easily suffer a 1500+ disabled squads.
You paras in that case will only suffer like the rest of your force, so you can pick them up again and drop them somewhere else in a few days/weeks.

So lets take a look at the close future. You have 2 very good positions (Hachinoe and Akita) and a weaker a little bit endangered blocking force. Whatever you do you will not lose the war in the next two days. You units are in good supply, you have naval superiority and you have your 2E/4E to cause havoc. Even if a combined bombardment with multiple BB Tfs, your 4E and your troops on bombardment attack only cause a 100 - 150 disabled combat squads each day, after 10 days it still are a 1000. Your units will build organic forts up to level 2/3 which helps quite a lot getting not pushed out of a hex. And if everything goes wrong you still can to a naval evac. It will get easier and easier as more of the combined fleet is sunk.

What is in addition important, if you recover your units, put them into reserve if possible and split them. Raeder is doing the same (look at some of the 4E bombing a 15 or so pages ago) where he splitted all his combat units for faster upgrade/recovery. This matter was discussed quite often and i do not see any gaminess in that.

So in the end, as always during the war there are hard decisions. It is your turn to either be a Patton („May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.“) or to be an Italian ship captain which leaves the ship prior to the rest of the crew or you might end with your own little big horn because you underestimated your enemy.

So in the end (and accept my little sarcasm)
- deliberate attack -> lower losses, lower chances of capture,
- deliberate + paras -> lower losses, higher chances of capture, dead para units
- shock attack -> quite stupid without paras, highest losses, higher chances of capture
- shock + paras -> highest losses, highest chance to capture
- doing nothing -> no losses, no chances to achieve anything
- reembark the troops and shuttle them to east coast USA -> you cannot lose any unit anymore
- raise the white Italian battle flag (white cross on white background) -> no more decisions to make

I doubt that any decision may bring you in an situation where you do not have any more options and lose all your units.

As always you are the high command, you have to do a decision. I personally would try a shockdrop and even if it fails whenever i look into the mirror i would say -> "But at least i tried it". But listening to me in that case may not be very wise.

< Message edited by beppi -- 1/18/2012 2:06:43 PM >

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 5667
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 2:03:01 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

That would be a bad move, GreyJoy.

The others are right. You've got to take it slowly and surely. Deliberate infantry attacks after they recover disruption, air attacks on the a/f and port to keep damage up and prevent forts from being rebuilt by the engineers.

A few more days like you had in the air today and his air force will be completely shattered. Can you rope-a-dope him in the air with some CAP traps perhaps?

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 5668
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 2:14:00 PM   
jeffk3510

Youre the big man here calling the shots GJ... but a shock attack WITH two day turns could leave you sick to your stomach for years...

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5669
RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE - 1/18/2012 2:18:17 PM   
jeffk3510

Simple math tells me his IJN is wrecked other than KB...

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 5670
Page:   <<   < prev  187 188 [189] 190 191   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: HAIRY TO THE BONE Page: <<   < prev  187 188 [189] 190 191   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI