Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

what CVs to expect, and when ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> what CVs to expect, and when ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
what CVs to expect, and when ? - 1/19/2012 7:33:35 PM   
frankycee

Hi again

I'm in may 1942 in my PBEM game. I've sunk (i'm pretty sure...) the 3 american CV that are present at game start.

Now I'm wondering what CV the allies can expect to have present in the next 6 months to a year.

I've allready spotted one or 2 British CVL or CVE in the indian ocean, but no sign of any american CVs in the pacific...i'm getting worried because i've split my KB...

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: what CVs to expect, and when ? - 1/19/2012 7:40:27 PM   
sanderz

just load up a game as the allies and look at their ship list

(in reply to frankycee)
Post #: 2
RE: what CVs to expect, and when ? - 1/19/2012 8:06:46 PM   
HansBolter

Even with 60 day swings in the reinforcement arrival schedule that I routinely use the Yorktown and Hornet have both entered long before May and the Wasp arrives sometime around May.

Hans

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 3
RE: what CVs to expect, and when ? - 1/19/2012 8:11:25 PM   
dr.hal

After May the allies have a long dry spell, except of course for the super carrier; USS Long Island.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 4
RE: what CVs to expect, and when ? - 1/19/2012 8:17:50 PM   
Cavalry Corp

IF you have sunk 3 ( well done) you can go on a careful rampage well into 43- Is this scn 1 or 2?

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 5
RE: what CVs to expect, and when ? - 1/19/2012 8:22:00 PM   
frankycee

Well its scenario 2... I've split my KB to send some CV to cover my OPS near Upper Sumatra and the Indian Ocean...

Maybe I should regroup in and around Rabaul and do some raiding south to catch some convoys... he could have 3 CV right now right... Hornet, Wasp and Yorktown... I dont wanna meet them with just 3-4 CV of my own, i'd rather have a full KB...

Any good rampage targets ? Australian coast, or Pearl Harbor, or SOuth Pacific sealanes...

< Message edited by frankycee -- 1/19/2012 8:24:25 PM >

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 6
RE: what CVs to expect, and when ? - 1/20/2012 4:39:29 AM   
Knyvet

The editor program is a great way to see target dates for ship arrivals - but don't be fooled into relying on it if you playing with optional arrival variation (e.g., 60 days + or -).

(in reply to frankycee)
Post #: 7
RE: what CVs to expect, and when ? - 1/20/2012 5:05:52 PM   
Cavalry Corp

quote:

ORIGINAL: frankycee

Well its scenario 2... I've split my KB to send some CV to cover my OPS near Upper Sumatra and the Indian Ocean...

Maybe I should regroup in and around Rabaul and do some raiding south to catch some convoys... he could have 3 CV right now right... Hornet, Wasp and Yorktown... I dont wanna meet them with just 3-4 CV of my own, i'd rather have a full KB...

Any good rampage targets ? Australian coast, or Pearl Harbor, or SOuth Pacific sealanes...

Rampage means secure DEI quick then move on a place he cannot suspect and suits your purpose.

The Jap CV could go anywhere BUT I advise you be careful in the rstricted DEI waters as surface TF prowl about and there are or could be a lot of subs. In my game PBEM 2 DAY TURNS SCN 2 the allied played has had 4 sub attacks on my CV lucky all have missed - all in the DEI. In future after about Jan I would be very cautious about using CV there . Having said that mine are there now covring taking Batavia and PBG ( APRIL42) . I have one CVE just with 20 ASW planes ( trained) plus 3 ASW TF In the same hex as well as a surface TF in case an allied cruiser decides to try and Kmikaze.

(in reply to frankycee)
Post #: 8
RE: what CVs to expect, and when ? - 1/20/2012 5:38:39 PM   
HansBolter

Do most PBEM players routinely mine the restricted waters of the DEI? Should new players looking for advice be warned against traversing the straits between Java and Sumatra as a result?

I play against a heavily beefed up AI in the Ironman scenario and I have to refrain from mining obvious locales like the straits mentioned above or the AI kamikazes the entire KB on my minefields.

Hate to see an unsuspecting newbie get his clock cleaned because he wasn't warned.

Hans

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 9
RE: what CVs to expect, and when ? - 1/20/2012 5:52:14 PM   
crsutton

The Allies will have three more carriers to play with until about May 43 and that is all. All of the British carriers are withdrawn after a few months, plus their airgroups are not big enough to pose much of a threat. As long and you do not do anything radically dumb , you should be able to split KB and be resonably safe.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> what CVs to expect, and when ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI