Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Large Wargame Collection for Sale (S&T, AH, etc.)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Large Wargame Collection for Sale (S&T, AH, etc.) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Large Wargame Collection for Sale (S&T, AH, etc.) - 1/20/2012 5:20:56 PM   
jfpOne23

In a nutshell: Amazing paper game collection for sale, tragically cheap.

I have a paper game collection of close to 100 mostly pristine condition S&T Issues with their game inserts that I wish to sell off cheap, and in bulk. There are also some 25+ boxed games (AH, S&T, GDW to name a few). Only very few of them are "Punched". The Issues are all in their original paper packaging, or individual plastic preservation ziplock bags. I accumulated these games over many years, but also many off of EBay and various gaming BB's in the mid-90's. Some date back to the late '70's, up to the mid-90's. They cover the whole gamut of history, from Ancient to American Civil War to WWII to Alternate History/SciFi. The majority are WWII though.

There are several collectibles in there, including a complete "War in the Pacific" game (Punched, but plastic sealed, and never opened since I bought it at auction).

The Catch: Had to be one right? The collection is in Germany, just outside Dusseldorf.

I'm an American who lived in Europe for some 10 years, and I shipped these games over from the States years ago. I planned on staying in Prague for the rest of my life. But I moved back here some 5 years ago (work purposes, computer gaming industry), but the game collection stayed at a friends place for this entire time as I thought I'd be headed back there someday fairly soon after I left. Well, for various reasons, I never went back. And at my age, 5 years happens in the blink of an eye. So there the collection still sits at my friends place near Dusseldorf.

But now she's moving next month, and the games need to go get donated to a proper establishment in Dusseldorf.

Small Details: The collection is worth easily over $2500:

But -- The lucky individual who can get to her place with $500 can take the whole collection. It is stored in many boxes, so you will need a large car/mini van to move them. A Smart Car won't cut it.

Any interested parties can contact me directly at "JfpOne23@gmail.com". We can Skype/Phone as necessary, and should you wish to proceed, I will provide you with the phone number and address of my friend where you can view the games, know that the price is a "Gift from the Gods", and see if your transportation can handle the bulk, etc., (She's in Haan, outside Dusseldorf). She will be happy to give you some size estimates over the phone and read some boxed titles, but the issues in the manila envelopes will probably not be read to you. She speaks German of course, but her English is often better than my own :-)

Game On:

So first come, first served. I welcome any inquiries...and to whomever gets there first, know that your Kharma is working for you :-) Please don't post questions on the forum, just drop me a mail and we can speak on the phone or do a Skype as need be.

Cheers,

jfpOne23@gmail.com
Post #: 1
RE: Large Wargame Collection for Sale (S&T, AH, etc.) - 1/20/2012 5:44:18 PM   
Phatguy

I hate my life........I just came back from Poland three weeks ago...Drove to Dusseldorf from Wroclaw with family....Cant afford to go back now....sigh....

Why couldn't your friend live near Buffalo?

< Message edited by apathetic lurker -- 1/20/2012 5:55:49 PM >

My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....

(in reply to jfpOne23)
Post #: 2
RE: Large Wargame Collection for Sale (S&T, AH, etc.) - 1/20/2012 6:26:31 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Ill be in Germany in about 2 weeks so give me the details plz.

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 3
RE: Large Wargame Collection for Sale (S&T, AH, etc.) - 1/22/2012 3:15:45 AM   
wodin

Blimey that sounds like one hell of a big wargame collection...

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Large Wargame Collection for Sale (S&T, AH, etc.) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI