Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Japanese Militaria Book

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> New Japanese Militaria Book Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Japanese Militaria Book - 6/16/2011 5:11:23 AM   
Arditi

Evening Gents,
I hope this is appropriate to the forum, if not, please delete. Myself and my co-author have just finished our two volume book set on the Japanese Army of the 1930s and 40's. Over 650 total pages of uniforms, weapons, personal items, ephemera and equipment. This book was a community effort with some individuals from around the world providing information and items. All contributors are acknowledged within the book. We have already pre-sold the first 21 Deluxe Editions that have the author's signatures and a special book mark made for these volumes. I post now the copies I have received today. They are expensive as they are full color, digitized and privately published. The cost for us is $150.00 for the two volumes. We will tack on an additional cost for the weekends, and evenings after work we devoted to this project. Those of you that purchased my Italian militaria book last year will understand the close-ups of the items, period photos and emotional content that is inside to give the collector, historian, wargamer and modelor good insight to what the soldiery of the time period looked like and thought. Best to all.
In friendly Scholarship, Arditi(Russ)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Arditi -- 6/18/2011 8:17:29 PM >

Semper Fi
www.ironlegions.weebly.com
author of: Italy At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Japan At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera
Post #: 1
RE: New Japanese Book - 6/16/2011 8:14:04 AM   
ilovestrategy

Man, I wish I could get that. All I can do is dream. 

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to Arditi)
Post #: 2
RE: New Japanese Book - 6/16/2011 9:45:52 AM   
Josh

My highest respect Arditi, extremely well done.

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 3
RE: New Japanese Book - 6/16/2011 5:13:04 PM   
Arditi

Thanks for the kind words Gents!  I appreciate it.
  Best, Arditi

Semper Fi
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Equipment and Ephemera

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 4
RE: New Japanese Book - 6/16/2011 5:15:45 PM   
SLAAKMAN

On my wishlist (up to 20,000+ now, doh!). Good job guys!

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Arditi)
Post #: 5
RE: New Japanese Book - 6/17/2011 4:40:20 AM   
Arditi

UPDATE AS OF TODAY.......
Thanks for the kind words Gents!  I believe you guys will be pleased with the final product.    The first 21 volumes have already sold out(reserved) in five days time.  Gunnar and I will start sending them out next week after I figure out postage with the final price.  I talked with my co-author today and we will charge $195.00 per set.  Yes, I am embarassed(sp?) except that each set costs us $152.00 to make and I would like to ask a bit for the long hours we put in...that would be the $43.00 extra per set.  Again, $195.00 total for the set and I will figure out postage within the United States on top of that.  Some of our European brothers have expressed interest as well...I will have to think hard about this and hope our brothers have contacts within the United States to send to as I lost a couple of Italian Militaria volumes last year sent out of country.  I paid the price in sending others.  I don't want to go through that again.  We'll try to work an arrangement out to get volumes to our overseas friends.
These volumes are packed with SOME never before seen wartime photos.  The wartime Japanese artwork is stunning and we are priviledged to have this in as well.  Rare proto-type rifles are also paged(thanks Roy!).  We know there are many who only collect firearms, so we went heavy in that area as well.  Personal items, charms, Yosegaki, paperwork, un-published Japanese diary, mannequins with full period uniforms(thanks David and Rick!), close-ups of equipment/headgear, machineguns, sniper items, postcards and many articles that explore the Japanese Youth movement(thanks Chip!), the training-thinking of the heitai and rifle history and information is included.  Myself and Gunnar are proud of these volumes.  I think you will be pleased.  I will dispense half the books from Texas and Gunnar the other half from Patagonia or the North Pole I think...sorry Gunnar...Oregon. ;)
I'll keep all posted on developments.  More information tommorrow.
   In Friendly Schorlarship, Ardire(Russ)

Semper Fi
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Equipment and Ephemera

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 6
RE: New Japanese Militaria Book - 6/18/2011 8:16:38 PM   
Arditi

I have the book-markers in hand and my portion of the bookplates signed. I will overnight them to Gunnar Monday and get them back soon after he signs them. I checked on Rick and Don's shipping suggestions and they are spot on. As I did with the Italian Militaria book I will also wrap the books in the $2.29 bubble envelope and put the volumes in the $10.95 box. To make it easier for me, let's round the shipping up to $13.50. So with the shipping the total for one set of books will be $208.50. $195.00 plus &13.50=$208.50. Ouch. I will take checks from Gunboards folks, though I prefer a US Postal Money Order. I will contact the first 8 buyers as they constitute 10 books total. Gunnar will handle the other 11 volumes and we will reorder a small additional Deluxe Set grouping after both our initial stock sell. Thereafter we will make a less expensive grouping with Don's help. I think you guys will enjoy these. For those that have seen my library, I am crazy for militaria reference books and I have made these books as I prefer militaria reference books to be. Closeup shots of various angles of items; propaganda artwork, magazines, weaponry, personal items, religious/charm items, uniforms, equipment, period photos, articles and the emotional element. It does not have every item, but a solid/good sampling of amost all the more common ground trooper items with some rare items included. Socks to headgear, common weaponry to proto-types, letters to charms/magazines, personal pocket-knives to razors, postcards to propaganda artwork, some unpublished period photos and some great articles. Enough said. Contact me or Gunnar. I will send out pm's today. I'm anxious for reviews! Again, thanks for the outstanding collector support with articles, suggestions, information and items.
In Friendly Scholarship, Arditi(Russ)

Semper Fi
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Equipment and Ephemera

(in reply to Arditi)
Post #: 7
RE: New Japanese Militaria Book - 7/8/2011 5:13:58 AM   
Arditi

Ciao Gentlemen,
The second, and last, deluxe printing(of 21 sets) will be sold through the printer's physical office and online mail order service. A customer can pay through money order or credit card and get the set faster. These will be the last Deluxe Editions printed. Again, they are signed, have a special book-mark and have had a pretty lady handling them. That office is filled with pretty, young Texas ladies. The internet order site is supposed to be up this weekend. I'll post the site tommorrow. Get em' while you can. I think the last 21 sets will disappear fast. Gunnar(my co-author) has received his copies as of this evening and is mailing them off to the last on the initial list. All of my copies are gone.
Thanks to those that have found value and have shown interest in our work!
Best to all, Russ(Ardire)

Semper Fi
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Equipment and Ephemera

(in reply to Arditi)
Post #: 8
RE: New Japanese Militaria Book - 1/20/2012 5:38:42 AM   
Arditi

Evening Gents,
Don has indicated he has told the printer to begin making the Japanese books(third printing) and says they may be finished at the beginning of February sometime. 30 sets are being printed. Roughly, half are spoken for with the other half available for purchase. Contact Don(donvoigt@hotmail.com) and he'll let you know what is available(thank you Don ). Thanks to all for your patience with this and the delay in printing. I think you'll enjoy the product.
Best to all, Russ

Semper Fi
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Equipment and Ephemera

(in reply to Arditi)
Post #: 9
RE: New Japanese Militaria Book - 1/23/2012 3:13:34 AM   
Arditi

As of this eveing there are 6 sets left out of 30 of the Japanese Militaria Book Set(Japan at War). Email Don at donvoigt@hotmail.com if you want one of the remaining sets.
Best to All, Russ

Semper Fi
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Equipment and Ephemera

(in reply to Arditi)
Post #: 10
RE: New Japanese Militaria Book - 1/23/2012 1:08:15 PM   
parusski

I too can dream.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Arditi)
Post #: 11
RE: New Japanese Militaria Book - 1/23/2012 11:52:30 PM   
Terminus

Congrats on this, Arditi!

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Arditi)
Post #: 12
RE: New Japanese Militaria Book - 1/24/2012 1:32:15 AM   
Arditi

Thank you Gentlemen!  I appreciate the kind words.  The two book set is $148.00 shipped within the United States.  3 sets left as of today.  This third printing is selling out quickly.  The reviews have been positive...check them out on my website.
Best to all, Russ(Arditi)

Semper Fi
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Equipment and Ephemera

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> New Japanese Militaria Book Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI