Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 12:26:10 AM   
Halsey

My first line of defense is a mean protective dog (Belgian Malinois).

While I stand at the door with my Walther in my hand, I open the door and say "get em girl"!
My dog has flushed a few trespassers out of my yard without firing a shot.
They don't come back.

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 31
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 1:54:02 AM   
bradfordkay

I llike to keep a wakizashi by my bed. I figure that the sight of it alone might scare off an intruder...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 32
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 2:59:00 AM   
sabre1

I fenced in college, and along with my weapon I keep a 1917 US Patton sabre.

There is something frightening to most people of bare steel being inserted into strange places.

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 33
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 8:13:51 AM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I llike to keep a wakizashi by my bed. I figure that the sight of it alone might scare off an intruder...

quote:

wakizashi

Thats something we can get here...though I'd prefer a gun rather than close combat stabbing...Most gangs here carry knives and are not afraid to use them. In the area I used to live there have been 5 fatal stabbings since November all around the street I lived...same gang as the one I was getting grief from for 8 years..

They last attack they machettied a lad in the face and head in broad daylight, on a a road full of shops in Anfield. A fire engine was going by and two firemen got out, to help the lad. The gang faced off the firemen with the machette so the firemen got off...thats what inner city Britain is like these days.

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 34
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 8:50:27 AM   
2ndACR

You guys need to really allow the people to arm themselves with guns and clean the streets up. Or at least let all the cops pack guns. That is just plain crazy. I could not live there. Of course, there are A LOT of places in the US that I would refuse to live in. Both cities and states. I just cannot fathom living someplace where my life is in peril and I have no means to defend myself. Legally that is.

Break out that broadsword I know all you Brits have and start lopping off some heads.

P.S. Those firefighters should have broke out the fire hose and let the thugs have it.

< Message edited by 2ndACR -- 1/25/2012 8:51:31 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 35
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 10:17:29 AM   
Anguille

What about a taser?

< Message edited by Anguille -- 1/25/2012 10:22:04 AM >

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 36
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 12:11:53 PM   
wodin

Tazers are illegal to own in the UK.

I've often contemplated getting in touch with some friendly American to somehow send me a Tazer at least!! Gun would be lovely but I'm sure will be nabbed by customs and a whole world of sh1t.

(in reply to Anguille)
Post #: 37
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 12:44:49 PM   
2ndACR

Dude, air soft is legal in the UK I think. Buy one of those. Light up the thugs with it.

Okay, it is legal but very restrictive in nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft#United_Kingdom

< Message edited by 2ndACR -- 1/25/2012 12:59:05 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 38
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 1:56:35 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halsey

My first line of defense is a mean protective dog (Belgian Malinois).

While I stand at the door with my Walther in my hand, I open the door and say "get em girl"!
My dog has flushed a few trespassers out of my yard without firing a shot.
They don't come back.

My first line of defense is Cato Fong-hiding in various closets and armoirs.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 39
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 2:57:00 PM   
JudgeDredd

The last thing we need in the UK is relaxed gun laws. They're fine as they are. Gun crime (whilst perhaps has climbed over the years in the UK) is very low...bring a gun to a fight, someone brings a bigger gun. It solves bugger all.

Besides - I wouldn't trust half the plebbs in this country with a cap gun, nevermind letting them loose with real guns.

And I love the UK. There's alot to be proud of.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 40
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 3:13:17 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Brother Wodin,
quote:

Tazers are illegal to own in the UK.

I've often contemplated getting in touch with some friendly American to somehow send me a Tazer at least!! Gun would be lovely but I'm sure will be nabbed by customs and a whole world of sh1t.

Brother Wodin, I The Mighty Slaakman am your Quartermaster for all things security. Converting the enemy to Christianity is always the best defense. However if that fails, I recommend this; next time gangbangers make a fuss, offer them a delicious "elixir" laced with a pinheads dose of Atropa BellaDonna. Its relatively easy to find & might even be growing in your own garden;

quote:

Recreational drug
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atropa_belladonna

Atropa belladonna, along with related plants such as jimson weed (Datura stramonium), have occasionally been used as a recreational drug because of the vivid hallucinations and delirium that it produces. These hallucinations are most commonly described as very unpleasant, however, and recreational use is considered extremely dangerous because of the high risk of unintentional fatal overdose.[34][35][36] In addition, the central nervous system effects of atropine include memory disruption, which may lead to severe confusion.[37]

Poison

The tropane alkaloids of A. belladonna were used as poisons and early humans made poisonous arrows from the plant.[38] In Ancient Rome it was used as a poison by Agrippina the Younger, wife of Emperor Claudius, and Livia, who is rumored to have used it to kill her husband Emperor Augustus.

Macbeth of Scotland, when he was still one of the lieutenants of King Duncan I of Scotland, used it during a truce to poison the troops of the invading Harold Harefoot, King of England, to the point that the English troops were unable to stand their ground and had to retreat to their ships.

Pinhead doses (literally) are rumored to be as powerful as LSD but not usually fatal. More research could be helpful.

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 41
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 3:44:05 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

I fenced in college, and along with my weapon I keep a 1917 US Patton sabre.

There is something frightening to most people of bare steel being inserted into strange places.

Thus the bayonets on my Mosin-Nagant 91/30s.

Came in handy one day.

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 42
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 4:02:31 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

I guess the culture is what is is depending on where you live and at what time. When I was in school (I'm 42) we brought our rifles with us for rifle club and in case we were hunting afterwards. Always had to keep them unloaded of course and there were NEVER any instances. Many people around here pack either in the open or concealed carry and there are never any shootings. You have to go to the areas of the government plantation mentality where life is for the taking and laws are a barrier not a moral compass. You know, watch the news for the first 5 minutes and you'll see where the loss of liberty is coming from. A culture of perpetual underachievers that no amount of money thrown at it will ever change supported by people who claim to champion their betterment but would never be caught dead living near such 'disadvantaged/Under served/At Risk' or any other copout label used on people. Makes em feel better though from their ivory tower view. I grew up poor as did most of my neighbors and we weren't animals. It is just a nation in decline is all. Nothing new.

But to the first poster it is funny the fear you put in yourself at times. I get that way if I'm deep in the woods by myself at night.

mo reb

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 1/25/2012 4:06:12 PM >

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 43
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 4:11:13 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

wakizashi

Thats something we can get here...though I'd prefer a gun rather than close combat stabbing...Most gangs here carry knives and are not afraid to use them. In the area I used to live there have been 5 fatal stabbings since November all around the street I lived...same gang as the one I was getting grief from for 8 years..

They last attack they machettied a lad in the face and head in broad daylight, on a a road full of shops in Anfield. A fire engine was going by and two firemen got out, to help the lad. The gang faced off the firemen with the machette so the firemen got off...thats what inner city Britain is like these days.

Have you ever considered emigrating to some more civilized place?

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 44
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 4:21:43 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

I think in a nutshell that is what has happened to his beloved Brittan. The handlers will not be happy with the Proles when final dissatisfaction is displayed at their experimental social engineering. Maybe some time in Room 101 would do everyone a bit of good.
Just don't expect to move near the policy makers. They're plenty safe far removed from the policies they'd have you live under.

**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 45
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 4:26:15 PM   
wodin

Well I don't think relaxed Gun Laws would cause any trouble at all. As anyone wanting to do harm or is a criminal can already get them...which means we can't defend ourselves. It's the same as saying if you legalise drugs everyone would become a drug addict. When anyone who would become one already is one. You'd just cut down on shed loads of crime.

Anyway a well regulated Gun law where you have to eb a certain age and no criminal record etc, or even have to have a criminal record check before buying would be in my opinion a godsend.

It's like Nuclear Weapons..we all had them but no one would use them because we all had them. Let your civilians protect themselves thats what
I believe. After seeing what I've seen and have had to put up with on a near daily basis for eight or nine years my opinion changed radically. I'd quite happly shot at least two of them and if I had been able to then at least 5 other young people would still be alive.

As for emmigrating..I would in a heart beat. Sadly being disabled I'm useless to any other country. So it's a no go. Or if you want to goto Australia or something you have to pay 20 grand and have so much in the bank if you don't intend to work or haven't got the skills their looking for.

I've always fancied Canada, I have a cousin who lives there (she went over at age 18 as an aupere (can't spell it), ended up getting married etc etc. She is now early fifties I think. Lives near Vancouver. Lovely.

< Message edited by wodin -- 1/25/2012 4:31:41 PM >

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 46
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 4:30:02 PM   
2ndACR

Judge, you can have those restrictive laws in the UK. I could not fathom being hounded by machete wielding gangs that even scare off civil servants.

I prefer to have the right to own guns and the right to use them in self defense of myself and family. When I held the 3 criminals at gun point, my wife called the police the moment I went out the door, it still took them 6 min to arrive even though they were told I had my M4 and would shoot if threatened in any way.

Police don't prevent crime, they try to catch the bad guy AFTER the crime is committed. Sorry, I refuse to be a victim. I have my concealed carry permit and I dang sure use that right. Luckily, I live in a state where it is legal to carry a concealed handgun with a permit or I can carry a long arm (rifle) anywhere in the state as long as it is carried in a non threatening manner. Does not mean you won't get hassled by the police, but you are legal.

http://www.texasgunlaws.org/

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 47
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 4:32:57 PM   
wodin

Thats the way it should be.

Got a job:)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Judge, you can have those restrictive laws in the UK. I could not fathom being hounded by machete wielding gangs that even scare off civil servants.

I prefer to have the right to own guns and the right to use them in self defense of myself and family. When I held the 3 criminals at gun point, my wife called the police the moment I went out the door, it still took them 6 min to arrive even though they were told I had my M4 and would shoot if threatened in any way.

Police don't prevent crime, they try to catch the bad guy AFTER the crime is committed. Sorry, I refuse to be a victim. I have my concealed carry permit and I dang sure use that right. Luckily, I live in a state where it is legal to carry a concealed handgun with a permit or I can carry a long arm (rifle) anywhere in the state as long as it is carried in a non threatening manner. Does not mean you won't get hassled by the police, but you are legal.

http://www.texasgunlaws.org/

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 48
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 4:38:44 PM   
2ndACR

You need to move to Texas Wodin. 

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 49
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 4:46:56 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Besides - I wouldn't trust half the plebbs in this country with a cap gun, nevermind letting them loose with real guns.

'A government that fears arms in the hands of it's people should also fear the rope'

Hamilton and Jefferson didn't agree on much, but they were both resolved as far as the 2nd Amendment was concerned. There could be no doubt.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 50
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 5:15:20 PM   
wodin

Love to. Though the heat may get to me. 13th Floor Elevators are one of my favourite bands funny enough. I love Texas Psych. Though psychedelic music and a thread on guns doesn't seem to fit somehow:)

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 51
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 5:21:31 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Brother Wodin, apply for political asylum in the US. I offer you sanctuary. (Dunno if I can get away with it but the offer still stands if need be). 

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 52
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 5:22:47 PM   
2ndACR

Ah, it only averaged 100 up here in Dallas from Late May to Aug of last year. Dang near the entire summer was 100+. Just spend as much time outdoors as you can and your body will adjust to it pretty quick.

Last year was a fluke. We average about 25 days or so above 100 most years. Not sure of the exact count, but I quit counting at 75 days of over 100.

Never heard of them. LOL But I am mainly country now a days. But grew up listening to the 80's hair band era.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 53
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 5:26:34 PM   
wodin

2ndACR..they where out in the sixties mate.

Slaakman be careful what you say..you could end up with a man and his 10 year old daughter refugees at your doorstep.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 54
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 5:32:01 PM   
2ndACR

If he cannot find you a place to stay, I know I can. But it will take you a while to get permission to legally own a gun.

My bad, you have to have a green card, be a legal resident. So once you have that, you are good to go for a gun.

< Message edited by 2ndACR -- 1/25/2012 5:35:08 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 55
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 6:01:16 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

There's always room in the beautiful Ozarks of Missouri

Eminence

Should we expect this?

mo reb

Added a singsong for your trip

Wish We Were Back In Missouri

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 1/25/2012 6:04:50 PM >

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 56
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 6:16:10 PM   
Titanwarrior89

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

There's always room in the beautiful Ozarks of Arkansas.

Eminence

Should we expect this?

mo reb

Added a singsong for your trip

Wish We Were Back In Missouri

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

Post #: 57
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 6:20:25 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Now you dang tootin it, hog grubbin hillbilly, this here's my brit. Get your own.

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 1/25/2012 6:43:22 PM >

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 58
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 7:20:59 PM   
wodin

Hehe...Listen I'd love to just get up and go...but I have a feeling I'd be booted back here again due to being of little use to your country.

Lovely thought though.

If I win the lottery I will be over in a shot..bang bang..

Post #: 59
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/25/2012 7:27:20 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Hehe...Listen I'd love to just get up and go...but I have a feeling I'd be booted back here again due to being of little use to your country.

Lovely thought though.

If I win the lottery I will be over in a shot..bang bang..

wodin, I too grant you political asylum. If any government chooses to ignore me, then just take a vacation to Wyoming(I will move there shortly) and I will hide you in my basement(guns included)!!

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI