Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What ever happened to PayPal

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What ever happened to PayPal Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What ever happened to PayPal - 1/26/2012 1:54:05 AM   
jomni

I never noticed any update from Matrix but can we pay using PayPal again?

Post #: 1
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 1/26/2012 10:32:12 AM   
IainMcNeil

It was supposed to be working from Monday but we've been testing it and there are still bugs with some browsers and until they fix them we're not turning it back on. We're hoping to get it resolved any day. Sorry for the delay.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 2
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 1/26/2012 11:08:26 AM   
jomni

Thanks for the update. Hope it's fixed when the new HTTR is released.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 3
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 1/26/2012 10:04:57 PM   
JudgeDredd

Oh dear - HTTR released and no Paypal.

Not that happy tbh

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 4
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 1/27/2012 8:09:42 AM   
iAM.stormer

Ahh! There is no PayPal. Then I have to wait. I only use PayPal now a days when ordering online. Never using a CC anymore. Now I must resist using CC. Thats hard, I have been waiting so long for this

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 1/27/2012 10:57:52 AM   
Grim.Reaper

It would be interesting to know how much sales was lost over the last two months because of this and how plimus could have remotely thought the busiest time of the shopping season was a good time to do it. Head scratcher.

(in reply to iAM.stormer)
Post #: 6
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 1/27/2012 5:02:17 PM   
JudgeDredd

It's back in case you are interested (paypal that is!)

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 7
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 1/27/2012 6:42:08 PM   
Phatguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

It would be interesting to know how much sales was lost over the last two months because of this and how plimus could have remotely thought the busiest time of the shopping season was a good time to do it. Head scratcher.

At least three sales......

My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 8
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 1/28/2012 11:53:17 AM   
jomni

I bought using Paypal. Thanks Judge. But why is there no announcement in Matrix?

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 9
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 1/28/2012 12:14:39 PM   
JudgeDredd

What - like this

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3021125

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JudgeDredd -- 1/28/2012 12:16:19 PM >

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 10
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 2/20/2012 9:54:05 PM   
RealChuckB

Hi,

Trying unsuccessfully to purchase HTTR with PayPal - have to watch the stupid Plimus loading circle for 30 minutes now ...

Seriously, how do you guys keep up with a company like Plimus? ESD is more or less your only sales channel and after the more than mediocre DR now ... Plimus? I don't think that you have money to throw away in your market segment. Hope this can be resolved and let me know if you are interested in finding a ecommerce provider that can do a much better job ...

Chuck

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 11
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 2/21/2012 1:19:50 PM   
IainMcNeil

Hi Chuck - sorry you are having probelms. Obviously the vast majority of people are ordering without any issues, but we don;t want anyone to have problems. Can you give us any mroe information such as an order ID, what browser you are using etc? If you could mail any useful info to info@slitherine.co.uk we'll check it out and hopefully get you up and running ASAP.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to RealChuckB)
Post #: 12
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 2/22/2012 9:16:43 AM   
RealChuckB

Iain,

Thanks for your message. Finally, it worked for me .I tried it on different systems, all of them running Windows (XP or 7) and the latest Firefox version; I'm sure it wasn't a technical issue on my side.

You might want to look into this because some of your customers may not be that persistent ... overall, the Plimus order process is rather painful and awkward. Apart from some oddities (the "tab" key doesn't reliably switch to the next field; the "PayPal" graphic is cut off; after the order I'm left on a very bland webpage with no redirect; customer doesn't get a separate e-mail) there are also some real headaches (the price initially shown is higher than the one finally charged; after entering all my data, I'm informed that my customer e-mail address has to match the e-mail I use for PayPal (there is no reason for this requirement) and after I click on "edit", I'm send to the very beginning of my order process and all my entered data is lost ...)

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 13
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 2/22/2012 9:48:50 AM   
IainMcNeil

Once we're on the paypal page there isn't a lot we can do other than change teh grpachis. This is all down to PayPal as far as I understand. We're going to customize the look and feel but have to sort out some technical issues first.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to RealChuckB)
Post #: 14
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 2/22/2012 9:58:42 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chuck B.
I'm informed that my customer e-mail address has to match the e-mail I use for PayPal (there is no reason for this requirement)

How come I can use different email addresses?

(in reply to RealChuckB)
Post #: 15
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 2/22/2012 11:25:21 AM   
RealChuckB

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

quote:

I'm informed that my customer e-mail address has to match the e-mail I use for PayPal (there is no reason for this requirement)

quote:

You certainly should be able to use different email addresses for your order and for your PayPal payment but the order process tells you that you can't, probably leading some customers back into editing their orders which restarts the whole order process.
As far as I know, authorization of your PayPal payment is not tied to the e-mail you provide as part of the order process to receive your license code etc., just like you could use a third person's credit card to pay for your order.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 16
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 2/22/2012 1:51:14 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Chuck,

quote:

Thanks for your message. Finally, it worked for me .I tried it on different systems, all of them running Windows (XP or 7) and the latest Firefox version; I'm sure it wasn't a technical issue on my side.

Do you know what finally got it to work for you? If you can e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order number, that would help us investigate this.

quote:

Apart from some oddities (the "tab" key doesn't reliably switch to the next field;

This should work, we'll check on this.

quote:

the "PayPal" graphic is cut off;

This is a known formatting issue that is on the store's list to fix.

quote:

after the order I'm left on a very bland webpage with no redirect; customer doesn't get a separate e-mail)

That's not correct in my experience. The final page is within an iFrame, so all the navigation bars should still be there. In addition to the final page, an e-mail is absolutely sent with the order information (there are multiple e-mails if you ordered a physical copy). Please check your spam filter.

quote:

there are also some real headaches (the price initially shown is higher than the one finally charged;

I have not seen this either - if you could send me your order information that might help figure this out.

quote:

after entering all my data, I'm informed that my customer e-mail address has to match the e-mail I use for PayPal (there is no reason for this requirement) and after I click on "edit", I'm send to the very beginning of my order process and all my entered data is lost ...)

I agree the last should not work that way, it should not lose all the information. As far as the e-mail matching, that is a requirement right now because the store uses that information to pass the order on to PayPal and do verification to prevent fraud.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to RealChuckB)
Post #: 17
RE: What ever happened to PayPal - 2/22/2012 2:32:04 PM   
RealChuckB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Chuck,

quote:

Do you know what finally got it to work for you? If you can e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order number, that would help us investigate this.

quote:

Apart from some oddities (the "tab" key doesn't reliably switch to the next field;

This should work, we'll check on this.

quote:

the "PayPal" graphic is cut off;

This is a known formatting issue that is on the store's list to fix.

quote:

after the order I'm left on a very bland webpage with no redirect; customer doesn't get a separate e-mail)

That's not correct in my experience. The final page is within an iFrame, so all the navigation bars should still be there. In addition to the final page, an e-mail is absolutely sent with the order information (there are multiple e-mails if you ordered a physical copy). Please check your spam filter.

quote:

there are also some real headaches (the price initially shown is higher than the one finally charged;

I have not seen this either - if you could send me your order information that might help figure this out.

quote:

after entering all my data, I'm informed that my customer e-mail address has to match the e-mail I use for PayPal (there is no reason for this requirement) and after I click on "edit", I'm send to the very beginning of my order process and all my entered data is lost ...)

I agree the last should not work that way, it should not lose all the information. As far as the e-mail matching, that is a requirement right now because the store uses that information to pass the order on to PayPal and do verification to prevent fraud.

Regards,

- Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your reply - I know that you care for your customers and appreciate that you guys are following up with me.

I'll send you my order number in a separate e-mail. I simply tried again and again and it suddenly worked. I can try again with a different product (I would be more than happy to try to order "War in the East" if you would reinstate the Holiday Discount )

Re: Tab - it normally works, but when I switch "country" to "United States", pressing tab doesn't get me to "State" but instead it jumps up again all the way up to "Language", not a biggie, certainly.

Re: Final page/e-mail - for me the order process ended with a big white webpage that contains the transaction information (serial number, link to download, etc.) It is not part of a Matrix Game site (no frame) and it doesn't get me back to the Matrix Game store. I have taken sort of a screenshot and I'll attach it to my e-mail. Again, not a big issue but not nice, either. As for the e-mail: You are right, an e-mail is sent out, I accidentally forgot some words in my e-mail: many companies would attach a separate invoice to the confirmation e-mail but I understand that this would not be legally required and I agree that most of your customers will be individuals that do not need an invoice for taxation purposes.

Re: Price - the initial price shown was a bit more than $29, I "only" paid $24 - don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining I don't know if that may have to do with VAT/Sales Tax.

Thanks!

Chuck

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What ever happened to PayPal Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI