Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Some bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some bugs - 1/15/2001 1:18:00 AM   
Blackbird

How is it possible that I see when my opponent has some infantry in his transports? And not only that, but also what kind of infantry is. Seems to me that it would be more realistic if "Loaded" is never shown. We shouldn't see the numbers of soldiers in opponent's units, right? Well, if your unit can see enemy inf, right-click on it and in bottom of the screen is something like Guards Inf x 10. Well, since I'm writing here, I'll put this too, but it's abbout OOB. In 6/44 when buying infantry for Soviets the formations list goes off the screen.

Post #: 1
- 1/15/2001 2:43:00 AM   
Pave

I noticed a thing when I played that Victors campaign. Some of the Typhoon fighter bombers I got seemed to have 1 or 2 20mm cannons instead of normal 4. I think this could be because the scenario was designed with reduced ammo on and the system doesn't understand that AP ammo for aircraft actually means number of weapons. Anyone else noticed this? The Typhoons also looked like a pillbox, but that's an OOB problem.

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 2
- 1/15/2001 3:00:00 AM   
Alby

couple things ive noticed and never heard explanation for... The strange explosion in top left hand corner of map in online games... The magic 2 HQ unit that keeps appearing more and more in online games... During 3 or 4 way online games, one players turn sometimes ends all by itself... Sometimes the sounds become wrong.IE: certain things start using the wrong sounds for their weapons )tank fires, you hear flamethrower ect ect..(online games) Units seem to be able to see thru trees and forests now..... Using the scenario editor, after you hit the "change unit to diff type"..the tabs on next screen..IE: armor, infranty, artillery, misc, seem to do nothing.. during OP fire, often a unit is fired on and op fires at a unit it had previuosly fired at instead of the unit that is firing at it now..... Alby [This message has been edited by Alby (edited January 14, 2001).] [This message has been edited by Alby (edited January 16, 2001).]

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 3
- 1/15/2001 4:28:00 AM   
Don

Hi Alby - So you've seen that thing up in the corner too? When we made "Task Force Wilder" we kept having artillery fire land up there, but only one gun for some reason. Finally I deleted and rebought the artillery and that solved the problem. I don't know about the other problems, but some of them sound like deleting the steel.prf might help. I wonder if before an online game, if all involved deleted their steel.prf files and reset their preferences, maybe it would help. Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 4
- 1/16/2001 7:43:00 PM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Don: Hi Alby - So you've seen that thing up in the corner too? When we made "Task Force Wilder" we kept having artillery fire land up there, but only one gun for some reason. Finally I deleted and rebought the artillery and that solved the problem. I don't know about the other problems, but some of them sound like deleting the steel.prf might help. I wonder if before an online game, if all involved deleted their steel.prf files and reset their preferences, maybe it would help. Don
hmm you may be on to something there Alby

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 5
- 1/17/2001 8:59:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Alby: couple things ive noticed and never heard explanation for... The strange explosion in top left hand corner of map in online games... The magic 2 HQ unit that keeps appearing more and more in online games... During 3 or 4 way online games, one players turn sometimes ends all by itself... Sometimes the sounds become wrong.IE: certain things start using the wrong sounds for their weapons )tank fires, you hear flamethrower ect ect..(online games) Units seem to be able to see thru trees and forests now..... Using the scenario editor, after you hit the "change unit to diff type"..the tabs on next screen..IE: armor, infranty, artillery, misc, seem to do nothing.. during OP fire, often a unit is fired on and op fires at a unit it had previuosly fired at instead of the unit that is firing at it now..... Alby [This message has been edited by Alby (edited January 14, 2001).] [This message has been edited by Alby (edited January 16, 2001).]
Bumparoony

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 6
- 1/18/2001 9:21:00 AM   
Alby

was making a scenario, Had some reinforcements that were sitting in rear of map...They fired at enemy exiting planes, on turn One. they werent scheduled to enter play until turn 5...do I need to set reaction turn to match enter turn?? Or is this another bug? Thanks.. PS..also saw "cannot alocate memory" thing again on turn one" Alby IP: Logged All times are ET (US)

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Some bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI