Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: B-17 supremacy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: B-17 supremacy Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 5:47:46 PM   
21pzr

I don't know, with 160 bombs dropped randomly over the entire 5 sq km port, that's one bomb every 30,000 sq mtrs (300 x 100 rectangle). A CV or BB would fill a minimum 200 x 30 mtr area, this gives about a 1 in 4 chance of hitting the ship for every rectangle. Not bad odds, and the bombers would not be randomly dropping over the whole area. Ships at anchor will all be facing the same direction, so that the bomb leader could choose his run direction and aim point to drop the bomb string along the axis of the anchorage. Why were only the big ships hit? They're big. Would the bomb leader concentrate on the capital ships? Of course. Ships at anchor are not maneuvering, they are like a warehouse. Who says that all of the bomb squadrons released on one bomb leaders cue? Delays, weather, etc, etc, could have caused squadrons to arrive from different directions and times, so each squadron leader could target a vessel.

If you did this attack 100 times, you would probably not get the same result, or you may lose all 4 carriers, its random.

And really, a 500lb bomb hitting a CV is nearly lethal every time, while the same bomb hitting port facilities would cause partial damage, not complete destruction of the port.

I am a relative noob to AE, but I know my strategy and air warfare. I don't see anything wrong with this result. If you had 39 dive bombers doing this, you would have lost ALL the carriers for sure, the BB, and probably 39 ships in total.

Bill

(in reply to Grfin Zeppelin)
Post #: 31
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 5:49:01 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

Guys, btbw is convinced the game is WRONG and he is RIGHT. Nothing is going to alter his thinking right now. This happens a lot to people who lose irreplaceable CV's, for whatever reason. It could be you or me the next time :)

btbw: don't post when you are mad. It only creates an ugly and unpleasant thread like this one. Come back when you have settled down and you are able to make reasonable posts.
Even if you would have a point right now, the way you post in this thread won't help to get it across to others.

Yep. +1

btbw ... I wouldn't say anything more. You're about to earn a name here that you won't want and is very hard to dispell once earned.

Pax

(in reply to d0mbo)
Post #: 32
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 5:49:24 PM   
btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

Guys, btbw is convinced the game is WRONG and he is RIGHT. Nothing is going to alter his thinking right now. This happens a lot to people who lose irreplaceable CV's, for whatever reason. It could be you or me the next time :)

btbw: don't post when you are mad. It only creates an ugly and unpleasant thread like this one. Come back when you have settled down and you are able to make reasonable posts.
Even if you would have a point right now, the way you post in this thread won't help to get it across to others.

Ummm, should i change CVs in AAR for SC? It help?
But problem in selectivity of high-altitude box-flying plane on area bomb mission close to pin-point dive-bombing from much lesser altitude, individual piloting planes, maneur etc.
Wrong calculation in that cause.
Why we not have devastating LB in land bombing? Let look how they kill only AFVs or General and fly away dont touched others?

(in reply to d0mbo)
Post #: 33
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:01:33 PM   
LoBaron

The more I think about it the more it looks like either intended or unintended troll...

But its a fun thing how synch the forum reacts given the right triggers.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 34
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:04:14 PM   
vettim89

btbw,

I think you have clung onto one of the biggest myths of the Pacific Theater: 4E bombers rarely hit shipping. I think this myth is largely based on the results from the B-17 attacks on the Japanese CVTF at Midway. Yes, it was very difficult to hit a combat ship from altitude when it was using aggressive evasive maneuvering. However, the USAAF regular hit Japanese shipping with B-17s and later B-24s. Many if not most of the hits were on ships at anchor from medium altitudes. That said, one major battle, Bismark Sea, showed that they could hit even maneuvering targets. The point being that non-moving ships were sitting ducks evenfor level bombers.

I suggest you look at this link. Just read the entries for the first two months of the war and you will see that B-17s and a few LB-30s were hitting Japanese shipping on a regular basis even in early months of the war when their numbers were much smaller than what you encountered.

US Navy Chronology

< Message edited by vettim89 -- 2/4/2012 6:07:08 PM >

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 35
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:08:31 PM   
Omat

Hello

Yes you are right. Trolling or unintended troll. Sometimes it hurts.
Maybe the brother of pelton in the WitE Forum or cousin from Mister JP D aka Mr. Japan.

Omat

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

The more I think about it the more it looks like either intended or unintended troll...

But its a fun thing how synch the forum reacts given the right triggers.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 36
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:29:48 PM   
btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: 21pzr

I don't know, with 160 bombs dropped randomly over the entire 5 sq km port, that's one bomb every 30,000 sq mtrs (300 x 100 rectangle). A CV or BB would fill a minimum 200 x 30 mtr area, this gives about a 1 in 4 chance of hitting the ship for every rectangle. Not bad odds, and the bombers would not be randomly dropping over the whole area. Ships at anchor will all be facing the same direction, so that the bomb leader could choose his run direction and aim point to drop the bomb string along the axis of the anchorage. Why were only the big ships hit? They're big. Would the bomb leader concentrate on the capital ships? Of course. Ships at anchor are not maneuvering, they are like a warehouse. Who says that all of the bomb squadrons released on one bomb leaders cue? Delays, weather, etc, etc, could have caused squadrons to arrive from different directions and times, so each squadron leader could target a vessel.

If you did this attack 100 times, you would probably not get the same result, or you may lose all 4 carriers, its random.

And really, a 500lb bomb hitting a CV is nearly lethal every time, while the same bomb hitting port facilities would cause partial damage, not complete destruction of the port.

I am a relative noob to AE, but I know my strategy and air warfare. I don't see anything wrong with this result. If you had 39 dive bombers doing this, you would have lost ALL the carriers for sure, the BB, and probably 39 ships in total.

Bill

I waiting for post like it.
Seriously guys if you start to calculate you must be more accurate with it.
So you divide area on 160 bombs? Probably, you never seen how B-17 attack area target. They never disperse in sky over all area and drop all bombs spread out it equally by each 20 feet.
Bomb-dropping from single LB it stroke of bombs (4 in our cause) with distance between each (delay in bombing release * air speed +/- distortions).
40 LB= 40 strokes.
If we for second imagine these LB flying side-by-side to each other (long front of them) and drop bombs. Well then they can cover front = distance between * number.
Our example - 40 LB and 20 m (we need to hit CV).
So 800m front.
Port in Noumea have 5 sq.km. Let make it 1600 x 3000 m
So our long front of LB cover half of lowest port side length. So theoretically we devastate half of ships here.
BUT. Stroke of bombs can only cover few hundred meters (delay between drops * speed*number dropped). IF we agree with cruise speed of B-17 and 0.5sec delay then we have length of stroke 110m/s * 0.5 * 4 =220m.
Oooooops. We only cover 1/15 of other size.
But it not all what wrong.
Let see again delay in stroke. In meters it 55m. For hitting carrier it too much. We need 20m for guarantied hit.
How we can fix it? Divide bombers. Make them run on target not in line of front (with half-coverage of lowest side) but in 2 lines at least. One by one with half of 55m distance between tails. It give to us 27m or almost beam of Soryu CV. Perfect.
Someone said CAP was low. Well but they fight well and one even rammed B-17. Alot of them damaged and they inflict damage too. All it because they going in BOX FORMATION.
This formation mean planes going not in line of front (with best coverage of lowest side) or in line of 2 fronts (with best chance to hit target in half lesser coverage) but in next order
http://www.303rdbg.com/formation.jpg
As you see we have much lesser coverage. Price of defense.
Now 5000000 sq meters and our 160 bombs laying in....mmm... may be 220m x 220m=48400 sq.m. or 100 times lesser. Despite how many bombs - they cover 1% of port area.
And we coming to happy-end.
So our bombers cover 1% of port area and they will hit ships in this spot and guarantied have 1 hit (with box formation even 2) to target like CV. But we have 100 ships in port so probably we must see 1-2 hits in 1 ship, 2 if we not lucky. Remember it LB. They cannot change course like DB or TB when they see ship and even start read name of it. All that they can - it mantain course and speed and look for leader signal - release bombs. Leader cannot identify target in port (it why pathfinders and squaleaders was invented on much lesser planes like Mosquito or Mustang or Thunderbolt), he only target dot in cross of 2 visible orientiers or blink of radar). Limes make few massive operations against one battleship stayed in Norge fjord and only in 1944 got few hits from special trained elite pilots.
No more romanthic songs now.
1% of area hitted, 100 ships inside, 1-2 hits in 1-2 ships and it can be CV with 1% chance.
But it was 3!!!! CVs and 1 BB.
What difference between area bombing (or 160 bombs hurt someone parked here) and in-game result?
Game count port attack of LB like attack of DB. LB choose BEST targets, release all their bombs to THESE FAT TARGETS and count 25% (game limitation 1 hit per plane or they can make more) hits like very good DB (initial accuracy for bomb 25% i think).
And dont need to calculate how many CAP here, how much LB flying, and what parked. Wrong principe of level-bombing strike.
P.S. I remember chronic with mast-bombing B-17 test. Wonder why USA tried it? If they can make 8 wonderful hits in 3 CV+BB in port?

(in reply to 21pzr)
Post #: 37
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:29:54 PM   
EUBanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: btbw
In really, they was useless againt maritime and slightly useful against land targets (area).

When you have ships disbanded in port, they effectively become land targets.

If the ships were at sea, then they would effectively be immune to B17s at 13,000'.

Try it out and see, have some B17s attack a CV in the open ocean at 13,000'.

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 38
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:31:02 PM   
btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

btbw,

I think you have clung onto one of the biggest myths of the Pacific Theater: 4E bombers rarely hit shipping. I think this myth is largely based on the results from the B-17 attacks on the Japanese CVTF at Midway. Yes, it was very difficult to hit a combat ship from altitude when it was using aggressive evasive maneuvering. However, the USAAF regular hit Japanese shipping with B-17s and later B-24s. Many if not most of the hits were on ships at anchor from medium altitudes. That said, one major battle, Bismark Sea, showed that they could hit even maneuvering targets. The point being that non-moving ships were sitting ducks evenfor level bombers.

I suggest you look at this link. Just read the entries for the first two months of the war and you will see that B-17s and a few LB-30s were hitting Japanese shipping on a regular basis even in early months of the war when their numbers were much smaller than what you encountered.

US Navy Chronology

LOL. So let count?

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 39
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:31:09 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

So your carriers were damaged and burning you disbanded them at port, that fine and reasonable but, all of them ? Next time leave the cripples behind and move the rest into safety.
Also in such a situation remove the planes especially the fighters and place them at the airfield to protect your precious and fly in even more fighters.

These are things you could have done after bringing yourself in this kind of mess. As stated before, using carriers in remote locations is risky and if something goes wrong yer in big podoo.

Your situation only barely has something to do with are 4Es broken or OP or not. You made a mess out of it and need to rethink that whole situation.

Thank you for lesson. But again. I dont worry about these scenario.
I talking about bug in game.
B-17, right now, it long-range, well-protected, well-defended DIVE BOMBER.
In really, they was useless againt maritime and slightly useful against land targets (area).
It all what i want by opening this thread - B-17 as level-bomber.
In my cause AAR must look like 1-2 hits in flattops and 6-7 hits in a hundred other ships and harbour.
It how work real math for area bombers.

LoBaron was 100% correct. You need to quit playing this "buggy" game and find something much easier to play.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 40
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:37:51 PM   
btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

quote:

If the ships were at sea, then they would effectively be immune to B17s at 13,000'.

Grrr. Did you read what i post here or continue give me useless tips?
I talking about wrong targeting formula for port attack by LB. ANd wonderfull results.
Port attack like land bombing - area bombing with hitting all what catched inside of bomb spot. And it cannot be only 3CV+BB. It must be few ships with may be CV.

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 41
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:38:29 PM   
PaxMondo

Troll. Sorry.

Pax

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 42
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:38:34 PM   
btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

So your carriers were damaged and burning you disbanded them at port, that fine and reasonable but, all of them ? Next time leave the cripples behind and move the rest into safety.
Also in such a situation remove the planes especially the fighters and place them at the airfield to protect your precious and fly in even more fighters.

These are things you could have done after bringing yourself in this kind of mess. As stated before, using carriers in remote locations is risky and if something goes wrong yer in big podoo.

Your situation only barely has something to do with are 4Es broken or OP or not. You made a mess out of it and need to rethink that whole situation.

Thank you for lesson. But again. I dont worry about these scenario.
I talking about bug in game.
B-17, right now, it long-range, well-protected, well-defended DIVE BOMBER.
It all what i want by opening this thread - B-17 as level-bomber.
In my cause AAR must look like 1-2 hits in flattops and 6-7 hits in a hundred other ships and harbour.
It how work real math for area bombers.

LoBaron was 100% correct. You need to quit playing this "buggy" game and find something much easier to play.

So pathetic. Sometimes better read...

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 43
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:41:42 PM   
EUBanana

quote:

I talking about wrong targeting formula for port attack by LB. ANd wonderfull results.
Port attack like land bombing - area bombing with hitting all what catched inside of bomb spot. And it cannot be only 3CV+BB. It must be few ships with may be CV.

Seemed to work alright on the Tirpitz. *shrug* 27 Lancasters blew the hell out of it, she was basically out of the war as a result.

Edited, 27 not 37, dropping single bombs, at 20,000'.

< Message edited by EUBanana -- 2/4/2012 6:48:54 PM >

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 44
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:42:10 PM   
btbw

Well if game so fine for all of us then play in it. Leave me alone in this thread.
I want fix of this bug.
I dont said game buggy even if i found some of it.
But people here prefer fight with me lol.
Good position.

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 45
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:43:15 PM   
EUBanana

quote:

Well if game so fine for all of us then play in it. Leave me alone in this thread.
I want fix of this bug.
I dont said game buggy even if i found some of it.
But people here prefer fight with me lol.
Good position.

I think you will find you are a minority of 1 if you think this result indicates that it's buggy...

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 46
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:43:44 PM   
USSAmerica

<click>

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 47
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:44:39 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

<click>

Green button is your friend!

Pax

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 48
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:44:42 PM   
Sardaukar

Gneisenau & Scharnhorst in Brest...wonder why Germans had to do the "Channel dash"... It is NOT advisable to leave capital ships into ports where enemy can concentrate heavy bomber attacks.

< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 2/4/2012 6:48:35 PM >

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 49
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:52:11 PM   
btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Gneisenau & Scharnhorst in Brest...wonder why Germans had to do the "Channel dash"... It is NOT advisable to leave capital ships into ports where enemy can concentrate heavy bomber attacks.

Interesting fact. Mmmm.... only part of it. Another part it amount of planes tried hurt nazis per one hit)))
Something deep inside me whisper to me it not 4 planes per hit

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 50
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 6:55:57 PM   
EUBanana

quote:

quote:

Interesting fact. Mmmm.... only part of it. Another part it amount of planes tried hurt nazis per one hit)))

They were dropping single Tallboy bombs from 20,000'+, not 4 x 500lb from 13,000'.

27 Lancasters, 20,000', 1 hit.

39 Fortresses, 20,000', dropping 4x 500lbers...

39/27 * 4 = 5.77 hits?

Then add a few more as they were not high altitude bombing. And probably a few more again as they were aiming at a bunch of ships not just 1 ship.

Doesn't look beyond the bounds of reality to me.

< Message edited by EUBanana -- 2/4/2012 6:59:34 PM >

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 51
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 7:15:33 PM   
btbw

quote:

quote:

quote:

They were dropping single Tallboy bombs from 20,000'+, not 4 x 500lb from 13,000'.

27 Lancasters, 20,000', 1 hit.

39 Fortresses, 20,000', dropping 4x 500lbers...

39/27 * 4 = 5.77 hits?

Then add a few more as they were not high altitude bombing. And probably a few more again as they were aiming at a bunch of ships not just 1 ship.

Doesn't look beyond the bounds of reality to me.

1. It was not one try.
2. Best squadrons did it.
3. Only first bomb going to aiming point.
So 27 Lancaster do good job against point target with only ONE hit. And it was best pilots with year spent on operation. Accuracy 4% some higher then 1% but can be compared with regular bombing.
What accuracy i got? 6% (24% by game rule? crazy amount). Regular pilots. And all in flattops. I understand if japanese gather all CVs and BB in one iron island which hitted by some bombs. But... It port. Not single anchor point of one nazi monster.

< Message edited by btbw -- 2/4/2012 7:16:52 PM >

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 52
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 7:27:29 PM   
Erkki

btbw;

Probably, you also didnt have much heavy AAA present. Even 60+ of them usually wont outright kill any of the 4Es but it tends to throw off their aim somewhat and any ones damaged before they release bombs are likely to miss all bombs(my experience with port and naval strikes).

While I agree the 4Es are incredibly annoying in how they can score 1:1 vs. elite Zero(or you name it, a Jap fighter), the fighter numbers reported in the combat report are still misguiding: the number reported is NOT the number that managed to engage the bombers before they did their bomb run. As with AAA, a hit bomber is considerably more likely to hit nothing than an intact bomber, and has much higher chance to crash at landing or on its way home or at least not be able to fly the next day.

In the future if you ever again have to disband CVs, move for the very least your fighters away to protect the disbanded CVs from a land base. Ideally you'd also have 2+ radars, lots of heavy flak, lots of fighters of different types layered to at least 2 different altitudes and more ships than just tha CVs disbanded to draw some of the bombs away from the ships you're trying to protect. As you know from PH attacks, majority of attacks will go against the high value targets but some will also target CAs, CLs, DDs, probably depends on ship type(military/civil) so all warships and(big enough) xAKs work too. Losing a couple of xAKs is nothing if it means even 1 hit bomb less on your CVs. A more riskier plan would be to make the damaged CVs your only disbanded ships: if you have less than 10 ships in the port, good part of the attacks will target the port facilities, city and even troops.

23% of the B-17s scored a hit, and out of the dropped bombs 6% hit. Not beyond realistic results IMHO. What makes 4Es so deadly is their ability to survive AAA and CAP. The way to kill them is to manage to put at least double the number of fighters against them(ie. you need 3-4 times the fighters in units), radar for detection, AAA to score more hits, and the further the bombers fly the higher fatigue they have over target(less effective gunners) and the more of the damaged bombers will not survive home or will crash/become writeoffs.

During 1941-1942 Allies have only about 380 or so 4Es available, AFAIK some in permanently restricted units on the West Coast. Many of them are B-17Ds that come down about twice as easy as the others. If you kill 1 per every 2 or 3 days it means you will be winning the attrition or at least the bomber numbers aren't increasing.

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 53
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 8:07:24 PM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

btbw,

US Navy Chronology

vettim89 -

Thank You for the link! A very interesting historical source and read.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 54
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 8:13:11 PM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sir -

You do seem to have your undies in a wad.

Please seriously consider LoBaron's recommendation and find another game to play.

Respectfully,

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 2/4/2012 8:15:21 PM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 55
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 8:18:18 PM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erkki

btbw;

Probably, you also didnt have much heavy AAA present. Even 60+ of them usually wont outright kill any of the 4Es but it tends to throw off their aim somewhat and any ones damaged before they release bombs are likely to miss all bombs(my experience with port and naval strikes).

While I agree the 4Es are incredibly annoying in how they can score 1:1 vs. elite Zero(or you name it, a Jap fighter), the fighter numbers reported in the combat report are still misguiding: the number reported is NOT the number that managed to engage the bombers before they did their bomb run. As with AAA, a hit bomber is considerably more likely to hit nothing than an intact bomber, and has much higher chance to crash at landing or on its way home or at least not be able to fly the next day.

In the future if you ever again have to disband CVs, move for the very least your fighters away to protect the disbanded CVs from a land base. Ideally you'd also have 2+ radars, lots of heavy flak, lots of fighters of different types layered to at least 2 different altitudes and more ships than just tha CVs disbanded to draw some of the bombs away from the ships you're trying to protect. As you know from PH attacks, majority of attacks will go against the high value targets but some will also target CAs, CLs, DDs, probably depends on ship type(military/civil) so all warships and(big enough) xAKs work too. Losing a couple of xAKs is nothing if it means even 1 hit bomb less on your CVs. A more riskier plan would be to make the damaged CVs your only disbanded ships: if you have less than 10 ships in the port, good part of the attacks will target the port facilities, city and even troops.

23% of the B-17s scored a hit, and out of the dropped bombs 6% hit. Not beyond realistic results IMHO. What makes 4Es so deadly is their ability to survive AAA and CAP. The way to kill them is to manage to put at least double the number of fighters against them(ie. you need 3-4 times the fighters in units), radar for detection, AAA to score more hits, and the further the bombers fly the higher fatigue they have over target(less effective gunners) and the more of the damaged bombers will not survive home or will crash/become writeoffs.

During 1941-1942 Allies have only about 380 or so 4Es available, AFAIK some in permanently restricted units on the West Coast. Many of them are B-17Ds that come down about twice as easy as the others. If you kill 1 per every 2 or 3 days it means you will be winning the attrition or at least the bomber numbers aren't increasing.

Erkki -

A very informative response; I shall take your advice to heart.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to Erkki)
Post #: 56
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 8:19:26 PM   
Sardaukar

What Erkki said.

Don't blame game for your own mistakes.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Erkki)
Post #: 57
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 8:34:43 PM   
btbw

Game is nice but still what wrong with selectivity of LB?
Can you share how raid of LB can dive on 4 targets at once?
So much talkative about bombers but nothing about game mechanics.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 58
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 8:36:57 PM   
btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

Sir -

You do seem to have your undies in a wad.

Please seriously consider LoBaron's recommendation and find another game to play.

Respectfully,

Mac

Dont tell me what to do and i dont tell you where to go

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 59
RE: B-17 supremacy - 2/4/2012 8:53:59 PM   
btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erkki

Alot words sorry. My question dont touch how fight with LB.
My question why LB work like DB.
If you see AAR then easy can find similar order of attack like divers.
11 waves = 11 hits

(in reply to Erkki)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: B-17 supremacy Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI