Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Insane Construction Ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Insane Construction Ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Insane Construction Ships - 2/6/2012 12:12:44 PM   
Satrell

Hello Everyone!

I just recently got this game and for the most part, I'm loving it!

It's glitchy, the performance is horrible tbh... still, it fondly reminds me of the days/weeks I sank into games like GalCiv2.

Apart from the poor performance, especially in the late game.., I am mostly good.

The new Beta patch 17.0.10 patch really improved my stability and a whole lot of other things, and the option to limit colonization ranges is AWESOME!

In the same light, I wonder, could you guys implement a similar range option for construction vessels? I usually queue up my "core" systems with build orders quite heavily, but too often do I find my constructors being 10-12 sectors away from my nearest colony trying to "repair" abandoned ships or some such non-sense.

The option to limit their "automatic" repair/construction ranges would solve a lot of gripes for me, and maybe quite a few others.

And while were at it, please implement an "repair" button on abandoned ships, so you could just queue up this orders just like you can with your own ships.

Thank you in advance, and I hope the two of you will continue on improving on what is already a very entertaining game for me!
Post #: 1
RE: Insane Construction Ships - 2/6/2012 12:42:12 PM   
gameplayer2012

I second this, my construction ships wondering off to the other side of the universe to build a gas mining station right next to a enemy territory and getting destroyed each few minutes is not helpful.

:D

(in reply to Satrell)
Post #: 2
RE: Insane Construction Ships - 2/6/2012 2:33:50 PM   
Theluin

I think we should have a checkbox in empire settings that tells constructors to build only in you territory. I avoid getting friendly with any AI just so it won't give me mining rights and all my construction ships don't fly off and build a base on every unoccupied planet that AI has while 90% of planets in my territory don't have anything on them.

(in reply to gameplayer2012)
Post #: 3
RE: Insane Construction Ships - 2/6/2012 4:20:44 PM   
Arcatus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Theluin

I think we should have a checkbox in empire settings that tells constructors to build only in you territory. I avoid getting friendly with any AI just so it won't give me mining rights and all my construction ships don't fly off and build a base on every unoccupied planet that AI has while 90% of planets in my territory don't have anything on them.

Agreed!

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 4
RE: Insane Construction Ships - 2/7/2012 10:24:23 PM   
Paul1984

Or how about another option - build only in own/neutral territory?

(in reply to Satrell)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Insane Construction Ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI