Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Screen Shots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Screen Shots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Screen Shots - 2/6/2012 5:38:43 PM   
JohnKrake

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here, but something new has come up and I can’t figure it out. I wanted to get some ‘screen shots’, so I went back to Galactapedia to find out how to do it. I’m told to press the ‘0' on the number pad, and the shots would be filed in the Screen Shots folder. I expected to find it in a Matrix or Distant Worlds sub file, but no luck. I’ve followed the path back from ‘saved games’ to the C:/ prompt, but nothing. If there is a Screen Shots folder, then what is the path to it? Many thanks. John
Post #: 1
RE: Screen Shots - 2/6/2012 5:50:38 PM   
VarekRaith

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnKrake

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here, but something new has come up and I can’t figure it out. I wanted to get some ‘screen shots’, so I went back to Galactapedia to find out how to do it. I’m told to press the ‘0' on the number pad, and the shots would be filed in the Screen Shots folder. I expected to find it in a Matrix or Distant Worlds sub file, but no luck. I’ve followed the path back from ‘saved games’ to the C:/ prompt, but nothing. If there is a Screen Shots folder, then what is the path to it? Many thanks. John

It should be under the following;
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\Distant Worlds\1.7.0.10\screenshots\

While on the subject, the screenshot hotkey should be moved to a new key. I use the numpad all the time while entering build orders.
;)

< Message edited by VarekRaith -- 2/6/2012 5:55:40 PM >

(in reply to JohnKrake)
Post #: 2
RE: Screen Shots - 2/8/2012 4:48:37 PM   
JohnKrake

Yes I have followed that path, but there is no "screen Shots" folder; it ends with the saved games. I have two machines loaded with Distant Worlds, and there is no folder by that name on either machine. I could create a folder by that name, but I doubt the program would suddenly recognize it. Any other suggestions? Many thanks.

(in reply to VarekRaith)
Post #: 3
RE: Screen Shots - 2/16/2012 2:24:46 AM   
elliotg

When you take the screenshot using the '0' key a message box will appear telling you the exact path the new image file. Copy that path from the message box (select, ctrl-c) and paste into the Windows explorer address box to navigate to that folder.

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to JohnKrake)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Screen Shots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI