Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible VF Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Possible VF Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible VF Bug - 11/16/2002 3:11:18 AM   
Von_Frag

Hi all,

I have patched UV to 2.0 and started a new scenario 17 as the allies. Ok, now to my concern. Yorktowns VF-42 came back from an early battle with 17 F4F-3's. I aquired the 133% F4F-4's and sure enough one day 36 were missing out of the pool and 17 F4F-3's were added to the pool. Now, the next day I go back and check the pool and 15 of the -3's are gone again. I assumed they went to land locked VF-3 since Lex got pasted. Wrong! VF-3 was still understrength at 14 -3's, but now VF-42 had a full compliment of 36 -3's. Where did the -4's go? They did not re-appear in the pool. I'm waiting for the -4 pool to fill up again to see if they will switch over. Oh yeh, I did say VF-42 had 36 -3's, at this time did not the fighter compliment consist of 27 a/c?

Another question. Since VF-3 was left high and dry it is now 2/VF-3. She did not draw any replacement -3's when they were in the pool. Will a separated AG fill out completely if a/c are available?

BTW Butch O'Hare has 1 kill and is KIA. What would the name of hi air port in Chicago be now? :D

Von Frag
Post #: 1
Re: Possible VF Bug - 11/16/2002 6:36:52 AM   
Califvol

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Von_Frag
[B]
BTW Butch O'Hare has 1 kill and is KIA. What would the name of hi air port in Chicago be now? :D

Von Frag [/B][/QUOTE]

Tojo International

We lose the war without his contributions!

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 2
VF upgrades - 11/16/2002 9:24:27 PM   
tanjman

Von_Frag,

Check you CVs that are inroute, one of them probally upgraded to the F4F-4. BTW I've have seen this happen with the F4F-4 and TBF upgrades. IRL there should be only 27 F4F-3 embarked, the folding wing F4F-4 allowed 36 to be embarked. Maybe it caused problems for the programers to do this? But I'm not going to complain about it ;) I need all the help I can get!

Unless their is a VF-3 in the aircraft reinforcement queue 2/VF-3 will waste away to nothing (which is what happened to beached CAGs IRL) I suggest mergeing it with another F4F-3 squadron, if you have one available.

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 3
Re: VF upgrades - 11/18/2002 7:41:05 AM   
Von_Frag

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tanjman
[B]Von_Frag,

Check you CVs that are inroute, one of them probally upgraded to the F4F-4. BTW I've have seen this happen with the F4F-4 and TBF upgrades. IRL there should be only 27 F4F-3 embarked, the folding wing F4F-4 allowed 36 to be embarked. Maybe it caused problems for the programers to do this? But I'm not going to complain about it ;) I need all the help I can get!

Unless their is a VF-3 in the aircraft reinforcement queue 2/VF-3 will waste away to nothing (which is what happened to beached CAGs IRL) I suggest mergeing it with another F4F-3 squadron, if you have one available. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer. VF-42 did eventually switch to -4's after the pool built back up to the needed number, strange. VF-3 is coming back in a few months, don't know if they will come back with -3's of -4's.

Von Frag

(in reply to Von_Frag)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Possible VF Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI