Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 4,000 Posts

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: 4,000 Posts Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 12:47:04 PM   
sabre1

^ Works for me.

Shoot that doesn't make sense, but what the heck does that matter in these "strange" threads of enlightenment.

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 31
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:06:46 PM   
parusski

warspite1, how many posts now?

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 32
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:10:38 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

Warspite1

In a shock development, when I got home today I found an e-mail from Matrix. They have reduced my post count to 80 and stripped me of four stars. I queried this but was told quite bluntly that that is what happens when you act like a teenager avoiding doing his homework........

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 33
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:12:21 PM   
warspite1

How bout you Steiner? Reached 100,000,000 yet?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 34
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:15:02 PM   
freeboy

I got some cash for you

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 35
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:15:18 PM   
freeboy

its in the back yard

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 36
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:17:00 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

its in the back yard
Warspite1

Freeboy - I did not understand that? Why is it in the back yard?

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 37
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:21:19 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

In a shock development, when I got home today I found an e-mail from Matrix. They have reduced my post count to 80 and stripped me of four stars. I queried this but was told quite bluntly that that is what happens when you act like a teenager avoiding doing his homework........

LOL. I have been threatened with hanging at dawn if I do not cease posting.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 38
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:37:05 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

If I was you I would carry on posting then

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 39
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:44:18 PM   
doomtrader

maybe the post counter should be turned off in the General forum?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 40
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:49:57 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Warspite1

Why?

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 41
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:54:11 PM   
parusski

quote:

What language are you speaking?

quote:

Warspite1

Why?

Because of mean people like doomtrader.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 42
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:54:42 PM   
Orm

quote:

Dawn is not a very accurate method to use for when a event should take place. Here next dawn can be a month or so away. Besides, dawn is easy to miss. Before one could even notice that dawn has arrived it is already morning twilight. And since the event should take place at dawn they just have to reschedule for next dawn. This could go on for a really long time. It is my opinion that such sentence would have to be cancelled since it can not be pratically enforced.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 43
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 8:57:48 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Dawn is not a very accurate method to use for when a event should take place. Here next dawn can be a month or so away. Besides, dawn is easy to miss. Before one could even notice that dawn has arrived it is already morning twilight. And since the event should take place at dawn they just have to reschedule for next dawn. This could go on for a really long time. It is my opinion that such sentence would have to be cancelled since it can not be pratically enforced.
Warspite1

Wow, you Swedes are really plagued by the vaguries of the earth's rotational ....thingy

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 44
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 9:01:37 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Wow, you Swedes are really plagued by the vaguries of the earth's rotational ....thingy

LOL. I love the Swedes, especially Orm. Maybe my hanging will take an eternity to actually come about.

Of course Orm had trouble determining when the super bowl was broadcast and how he could watch it, so I am hesitant to take his word on TIME.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 45
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 9:15:00 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

LOL. I love the Swedes, especially Orm. Maybe my hanging will take an eternity to actually come about.

Of course Orm had trouble determining when the super bowl was broadcast and how he could watch it, so I am hesitant to take his word on TIME.

I blame that on the Americans. Why can't you use some real time instead? Look at the English, they use a civilized time. So does the French. But, no! US can't use the same time as Europe. Hah! US can even use one time. In US the simple sentence "Let us meet at 4 pm" can easily be a cause of confusion and misunderstanding. I suggest that all time in US is changed to Greenwich time. That way there will be no confussion what so ever.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 46
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 9:15:10 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

quote:

Reminds me of the Blackadder IV sketch where Edmund is talking to the firing squad:

Can I ask you to leave a pause between the word "aim" and the word "fire"? Thirty or forty years, perhaps?

quote:

No problem, it was just a case of getting used to the time difference. At least you got to see it live Orm - although why you would want to is perhaps a little more of a mystery....

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 47
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 9:19:10 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

I blame that on the Americans. Why can't you use some real time instead? Look at the English, they use a civilized time. So does the French. But, no! US can't use the same time as Europe. Hah! US can even use one time. In US the simple sentence "Let us meet at 4 pm" can easily be a cause of confusion and misunderstanding. I suggest that all time in US is changed to Greenwich time. That way there will be no confussion what so ever.

Warspite1

Er Orm old buddy, we have a different time to youse guys too by one hour.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 48
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 9:24:05 PM   
parusski

quote:

Reminds me of the Blackadder IV sketch where Edmund is talking to the firing squad:

Can I ask you to leave a pause between the word "aim" and the word "fire"? Thirty or forty years, perhaps?

Damn that was funny.

Orm wanted to see the super bowl because watching it is entertaining as opposed to watching girlie men in shorts prancing about tossing their long flowing hair.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 49
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 9:24:41 PM   
Orm

quote:

Close enough. What is one hour between friends. Thats just beeing fashionably late for the party. You could even call that civilized. But showing up the morning after the party is just rude.

< Message edited by Orm -- 2/8/2012 9:29:13 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 50
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 9:25:49 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

......... But showing up the morning after the party is just rude.
Warspite1

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 51
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 9:27:49 PM   
Orm

quote:

Blackadder Goes Forth is actually my favorite season. And that might be the best episode of them all.

< Message edited by Orm -- 2/8/2012 9:29:46 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 52
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 9:36:09 PM   
warspite1

There is a thread where someone is enquiring about how to put Avatars on posts.

Why doesn't he just do what I do? I just paint mine on each time a make a post. Duh?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 53
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 9:38:25 PM   
Orm

quote:

There is a thread where someone is enquiring about how to put Avatars on posts.

Why doesn't he just do what I do? I just paint mine on each time a make a post. Duh?

You are a meanie.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 54
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/8/2012 10:36:00 PM   
parusski

quote:

Stop the BPB consumption M'cCollegue.

American TIME is THE TIME.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 55
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/9/2012 12:15:52 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

I wanted my 4,000th post to be really special so I thought I would open my own thread for the occasion and I can share this moment with all of you . Please feel free to send gifts and goodwishes (in the form of cash) to me. I now open the thread to one and all for what is bound to be a deluge of goodwill messages. Thank-you
Warspite1

Congrats on hitting the big 4-0-0-0. But I can't help but believe that you're feeling sort of like a Grand Prix driver. You may have just won a race, but you've certainly realized, also, that there's another coming up very, very soon. And in your rear-view mirror, there's this guy that can say even less in a 3-15 word post than yourself. Jeez, how on earth do you sleep at night with the 'russki hot on your tail?

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 56
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/9/2012 12:20:31 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

I wanted my 4,000th post to be really special so I thought I would open my own thread for the occasion and I can share this moment with all of you . Please feel free to send gifts and goodwishes (in the form of cash) to me. I now open the thread to one and all for what is bound to be a deluge of goodwill messages. Thank-you
Warspite1

Congrats on hitting the big 4-0-0-0. But I can't help but believe that you're feeling sort of like a Grand Prix driver. You may have just won a race, but you've certainly realized, also, that there's another coming up very, very soon. And in your rear-view mirror, there's this guy that can say even less in a 3-15 word post than yourself. Jeez, how on earth do you sleep at night with the 'russki hot on your tail?

Warspite1 is actually running scared, like a British soccer player prancing around in shorts and tossing his long flowing hair.

Where was I? Oh, warspite1 knows I shall catch and surpass him.

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 57
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/9/2012 12:30:35 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

Warspite1 is actually running scared, like a British soccer player prancing around in shorts and tossing his long flowing hair.

I'm not a betting man, but I'm not counting you out, either, no-sirree. Then again, you're gonna have to get your word-count under control if you're ever going to make it. Economy of language is what it's all about, like a glass of water between mouthfuls on an episode of Man vs Food. My comments aren't intended to be a criticism, BTW, but, rather, as a realistic appreciation of your circumstances and the task ahead.

< Message edited by Prince of Eckmühl -- 2/9/2012 12:32:20 AM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 58
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/9/2012 12:36:32 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

I'm not a betting man, but I'm not counting you out, either, no-sirree. Then again, you're gonna have to get your word-count under control if you're ever going to make it. Economy of language is what it's all about, like a glass of water between mouthfuls on an episode of Man vs Food. My comments aren't intended to be a criticism, BTW, but, rather, as a realistic appreciation of your circumstances and the task ahead.

MY word count? Good God have you seen the novels warspite1 the footballer in shorts prancing around tossing his long flowing hair has written.

It takes me hours to read some of his posts. Just look at the Peanut Brittle stories.

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 59
RE: 4,000 Posts - 2/9/2012 12:49:32 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

AMEN to that.

Not bad parusski, but you're not there yet.

This is the sort of thing that I'm talking about:

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Donne

Jesus wept.

In short, you've got to wrassle with them words, parusski, wrassle 'em like they was a bear! And until you get your word-count under control, you'll never be anything but a pretender to the crown, an unintended consort to "the Grand Old Lady." It's the only way there, fella, and 40K is at the end of the journey. Make us proud.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: 4,000 Posts Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI