Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stalingrad was a murder

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Unity of Command Series >> Stalingrad was a murder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stalingrad was a murder - 2/12/2012 11:33:23 PM   
OnTheContrary

Decisive victory on 2nd Kharkov, couldn't manage anything more than victory in the subsequent scenarios. I have to say Stalingrad was in a league of its own though - that was, literally, hell. Victory on turn 18, and now the campaign is over, since I needed decisive to move forwards.

The game does a good job of making me feel like a complete idiot. Oh well, back to 2nd Kharkov.

Post #: 1
RE: Stalingrad was a murder - 2/13/2012 4:39:56 AM   
AZKGungHo

Yeah, those are both tough ones. I don't know how many times I played Stalingrad before I finally got a victory! I don't even want to think about trying to get a decisive - I'm happy just pulling it out!

"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org

(in reply to OnTheContrary)
Post #: 2
RE: Stalingrad was a murder - 3/8/2012 11:24:27 AM   
PKH

I did Stalingrad on 13 turns yesterday, as the first time I finished it. I think I can cut a couple of turns at least. What worked, and can be improved on is to clear out the northwest soviet units, send a mobile unit or two to take control of the northern parts of the map, and cut off the supplies from the north. Also cut of the supplies in the southeast as soon as possible. The supply center near Stalingrad is on the other side of the river, so doesn't provide good supply west. By cutting off the north and southeast supply soviet units west of Stalingrad were running low on supplies. I didn't start doing this until several turns in, so it can be improved quite a bit I think.
Taking control of the northern area, also stops reinforcements from coming in as they can't spawn in player controlled areas.

(in reply to AZKGungHo)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Unity of Command Series >> Stalingrad was a murder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI