Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Endless game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Endless game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Endless game? - 11/17/2002 12:00:21 PM   
jlederer

Just installed the CD, downloaded and installed the 2.0 patch. Played the tutorial a bit to try to get the hang of things, then played some PBEM back and forth with myself just to see how that worked (kinda disappointing that both sides see the same replay, thought fog of war would include each side getting a custom replay of only what *they* thought happened).

Anyway, then I played Coral Sea. And played. And played. It's supposed to end in about 2 weeks time in May, right? Well, I played right on into June (after the clock reached June 2nd I decided to quit as I had lost one CV and didn't see much hope of winning, although it was a draw at that point).

I presume people don't often play games til the last turn that often and therefore nobody caught this bug?

Jim
Post #: 1
- 11/17/2002 12:53:35 PM   
Grotius

I think Matrix has mentioned that they didn't put in the right "end date" for a couple of the shorter scenarios. So I think they're aware of the problem. I suppose you could just consult the intel screen and declare an arbitrary end to your campaign.

In any case, the short scenarios don't really give you time to appreciate the epic sweep of this game. Fire up scenario 17! Or "The Turning Tide" (Aug-Dec 42). You'll love it.

(in reply to jlederer)
Post #: 2
- 11/17/2002 2:56:52 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

Yes we know about this and will be fixing it with the next patch.

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

(in reply to jlederer)
Post #: 3
Thanks! - 11/17/2002 9:53:58 PM   
jlederer

Oh, jeez, you're right, I did read something about that in one of the other posts (but it didn't stick with me). You can see I'm addicted to the forums already :-)

It was already a [I]big[/I] step up in fun, going from just fooling around with the tutorial to actually trying to win a game.

So the longer scenarios are even more fun, eh? Cool. I just need to play around with the little ones a bit more, 'cause I want to have some kind of a clue before I put a ton of time into a big scenario. But I will definitely make an effort to fire up a big one soon.

Thanks,

Jim

P.S. I can hardly wait to be ready for PBEM. As with Combat Mission, once having played a human, it's hard to go back :-)

(in reply to jlederer)
Post #: 4
- 11/19/2002 2:23:19 AM   
Toro

LongTom,

Just wait for the longer PBEM games. Everything you learned up until then is put into question. I'm getting slaughtered in two of my four games, but learning lots of new things, coordination, etc. I figure I'll be ready to go for WitP. :D

(in reply to jlederer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Endless game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI